Long time lurker, finally an owner

Koomi

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi All,

Been lurking on the forums since last year, when looking at buying an MG4, but then all the interest rates hit, and it wasn't viable.
Now with 0% for 2 years, and a boat load of cars due at the dealer, there is now a Smurf Blue Trophy due to be collected soon.

Green X-Power was available to test drive (the Green is nice, but Matt finish, so not to everyone's taste) and a 16 week wait if we wanted to change our order.
Bloody fantastic drive though - but should be taken for what it is, and that is not a daily commuter :)

So the one to be collected is on 18" Wheels, Bridgestone tyres (although I still think a china spec), rear wiper, centre head-rest (which the missus didn't like for obstructing the already narrow view), so all of the upgrades that have been mentioned so far.

So now to sell the Corolla and get a charging point installed, and we are all set! :D

Cheers to happy motoring!

Hi, why do you say the X power is not a daily commuter, does it not drive the same as the standard 4 in eco mode if it has one?
What EVSE charge point are you looking to purchase?

Great. You didn’t happen to have the rest of the specs do you (width, etc)?
Sorry I can't make it out from the photo. Perhaps someone whose bought one can help although I see you are in New Zealand so they might fit a different tyre.

The daily commuter was more to do with the way I'd end up driving it and the range would certainly struggle :)
And if driving in Eco all the time, why spend the extra money above the standard models.

The tyres are Turanza 005EV
235/45R18

EVSE is going to be a Ohme Pro (so that it works with Intelligent Octopus)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back