Low mileage service

Next question - Macklin Motors says there's no such thing as a low mileage service (at all never mind with just them). Anyone here from near Edinburgh and know somewhere that would work? I don't particularly want to go to Falkirk for the service and that's the next nearest MG shop.
Hi - I am considering buying a used MG5(maybe standard or long range) and had been to Macklin Edinburgh and the sales person mentioned the annual service cost to be 225. This is the price i pay for servicing my petrol SUV and includes oil changes. He didnt have an answer but said the cost might be cheaper if you take up multiyear service plan.

When you do, could you please update this thread on where you got your car serviced and how much did it cost you?

Thanks!

£225 for what service 1st or 2nd and how many miles has it done?
Try and get it serviced as part of the deal.

£225 for what service 1st or 2nd and how many miles has it done?
Try and get it serviced as part of the deal.
Oh i asked them for any regular service cost to compare if moving to electric made sense for me. I don't know if they are different for different services. But initial impressions, is quite high.

Hi - I am considering buying a used MG5(maybe standard or long range) and had been to Macklin Edinburgh and the sales person mentioned the annual service cost to be 225. This is the price i pay for servicing my petrol SUV and includes oil changes. He didnt have an answer but said the cost might be cheaper if you take up multiyear service plan.

When you do, could you please update this thread on where you got your car serviced and how much did it cost you?

Thanks!
£225 is WAY too much, most are well under £100. Put bluntly e's avin a larf.

Try having a word with the service team instead of the sales guy. :)

Had my first service last month. 15k miles. £33...plus the cost of a coffee round the corner.

To come back on this...went with the Falkirk one in the end. They offered the low mileage one for about £78. They were shocked when I said Macklin Motors we're demanding £220 for it...even their full service is sub 200.

Sounds like Macklin motors don't want any trade at all I for one am paying a small sum a month so when in for service goes in I drive away not paying already payed for the first service and also the bigger ones as it gets older 👍

Hey. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary and want to book my service. Looked on the Macklin Motors page (my nearest dealer) and they only seem to have the normal one at £225.
Does anyone know how to book the low mileage one and how much it should cost? I want to make sure my AA membership is renewed 🙂
My MG5 (SR) was serviced by my local MG dealer in Shoreham West Sussex in June 2022. Mileage 3500. Cost £38 inc VAT

About your AA renewal. Ours came with the AA Service from Stoneacre MG, but reading the small print it is the basic membership with "no" Home Start. We continue to renew our membership from the previous vehicle costing us £99 a year with a change of vehicle notice. Discounted for being a loyal customer. As for the service, not reached that stage yet (4,000 miles in 4 months of ownership).

Next question - Macklin Motors says there's no such thing as a low mileage service (at all never mind with just them). Anyone here from near Edinburgh and know somewhere that would work? I don't particularly want to go to Falkirk for the service and that's the next nearest MG shop.
Did the same with me. Seems they are just trying to get their franchise money back ;-)
I ended up going to Frasers of Falkirk (£58 first service LM). There was another option of an MG dealership in Galashiels and they quoted £102 but kept questioning about me asking for a low service price? So I stopped asking and went to Frasers :)

Hmm, it looks as though I might have to go back to my dealer and ask why they charged me £120 for a 1 year service at only 8000 miles on my 5. It sounds as if it should have been half that. Thanks for the info. all.

I just had a low mileage service and paid £33.60. The dealer I bought from wanted £140 for first service and didn’t offer any low mileage option, so I called the next nearest and booked in. I got another years AA cover too.
Im retired and will happily have a day out to get that price. Where did you go?

Ok. I'm booked in for my first (low mileage) service at RRP MG near Stockport. Brilliant telephone reception, 2 hour slot, includes a wash and brush up and AA renewal. It's £30 odd. That's £100 cheaper than my local Stoneacre and £130 cheaper than my local Sandicliffe. From my point it's well worth the 65 miles drive (with a bit of bird watching on the way).

Hey. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary and want to book my service. Looked on the Macklin Motors page (my nearest dealer) and they only seem to have the normal one at £225.
Does anyone know how to book the low mileage one and how much it should cost? I want to make sure my AA membership is renewed 🙂
Hiya

I'm in London and have just had my 1st service dine. My local dealer wanted £225 + VAT so £270 in total. The local dealer is Glyn Hopkins and I don't normally go anywhere as I consider them total sharks.
The dealer where I bought the car is 20 miles away and has always been brilliant.
The cost/ £108 inc VAT + £3.00 for juice. Also including another years AA cover + a valet !!!
Shop around. If you have to drive a few extra miles it's not an issue with EV

Mine was £57 and Mileage 10900

None of my local MG dealers in the south go under £140, so I went with Cleeverly at £135+vat done on the drive, no need to take the day off.

None of my local MG dealers in the south go under £140, so I went with Cleeverly at £135+vat done on the drive, no need to take the day off.
Really? Caroline told me how cheap it would be, how much did they want?

Was yours "low mileage"?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom