Low mileage when fully charged

I am doing better because I slow down earlier with regen to reclaim more kinetic energy.
If you talk to the guys who are good at hypermiling they will tell you that coasting is more efficient than regen.
Slowing down earlier  is why you get better efficiency, but you will do even better sticking it in KERS 1 and lift off even earlier, generating as little regen as possible for as long as possible.

Us old Ampera / Volt owners only had 10.6kWh to play with so getting over 50 miles before the ICE kicked in (over 60 for the hypermilers) was the game throughout the summer.

If you talk to the guys who are good at hypermiling they will tell you that coasting is more efficient than regen.
Slowing down earlier  is why you get better efficiency, but you will do even better sticking it in KERS 1 and lift off even earlier, generating as little regen as possible for as long as possible.

Us old Ampera / Volt owners only had 10.6kWh to play with so getting over 50 miles before the ICE kicked in (over 60 for the hypermilers) was the game throughout the summer.
exactly, but extra attention should be there to control the kers. off the regen under normal coasting but turn it ON when going down hill. Not sure because of this reason, MG use braking to control the ACC, and they may expect you to turn it off when going down hill, like normal cruise control for fossil vehicle.

but one thing I dont quite understand, should a really sophisticated regen system, with say 1:10, 1:100, etc gear box can regen a more power than normal coasting? If so, leveraging better gearing ratio may rule out the normal thinking of your statement

Hi everyone, I seem to be having an issue with km readings. The actual readings might be 30km but then the km used on eco will always read about 50km more than the 30km traveled ? I rest the trip meter and have been checking the readings for over a week now. I do travel 40km each way to work if that helps.

Hi everyone, I seem to be having an issue with km readings. The actual readings might be 30km but then the km used on eco will always read about 50km more than the 30km traveled ? I rest the trip meter and have been checking the readings for over a week now. I do travel 40km each way to work if that helps.
Are you saying on Eco the trip computer reads 80km for 30km actually travelled?

Thanks for the tip on coasting and lower KERS. I have new record of 5.3mls/kWh on my return journey from work yesterday. I kept Normal driving mode and KERS 3. I just depress accelerator pedal gentlely with small regen or 0% output power. Warmer temperature in afternoin may contribute to better efficiency. Efficiency could be better because my house is about 16m higher in elevation comparing to my workplace. I am so pleased with the efficiency.
IMG_20230624_110613.jpg

Got some good estimates on range now. A bit too good but I think it's because of warm weather and lately been doing alot of city diving
On full it estimates about 349miles.

Drive about 100 miles today and averaged 4.4miles/kwh

Attachments

• 20230702_210552.jpg
    20230702_210552.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 59
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom