Making Bluetooth telephone calls

drivethru

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hey all

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything here as my previous 2016 skoda diesel allowed me to make calls by the controls on the steering wheel via Bluetooth.

Here is what happens on the MG4 (when Bluetooth eventually connects).

1) I press the telephone symbol on the right hand side steering control cluster

2) My recent calls come up on the central display screen.....

And that's it!
I cannot select, scroll down, nothing using the steering wheel controls but have to manually reach for the screen and press the contact/number I want to call?

It's bizarre. Is this what everyone else needs to do when trying to make a telephone call on the MG4?

I don't think it's better using siri vs having the ability to choose a number to call via steering wheel controls - for example - using the recent calls list to pick a number that is not saved or to save myself shouting over the in car radio to get siris attention etc.

I'm being rotten - sorry - I got used to this on my old car and thought it would be a standard feature.

I agree that it would be much better if the functionality of the entire infotainment system was in the same league as any phone system, but it’s not.. personally I’d like them to have Apple car play via Bluetooth rather than plug it in … but to quote Vingnut… it is what it is.. I absolutely love the car and happy to put up with slight inconveniences

Weird issue this .... I've tried a few voice command telephone calls through bluetooth and they have consistently all phoned a different contact in my list ... totally bizarre and a litte embarssing !! It understands my voice perfectly for "lower temperature" or "Drive home" but when I say "Call Home" it phones Joe Bloggs (another contact on my list say). Repeat again with "Call Wife" and it dials Jane Bloggs (another different contact on my contact list). The only way to call someone I want seems to be use the info screen and pressing the contact 🤷‍♂️

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back