Max charging rate for early MG ZS EV

PeteJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a 2000 ZS EV and have been given conflicting advice on the maximum charge rate for my car, one advisor told me that I could charge at up to 80kw whilst another told me that the max DC charge was 50kw. which is correct? I believe that the max AC charge is 7kw, is this correct?

If empty enough, you can see 80KW for a short time, but it will soon drop down to around 50-60kW. To take it up to the point where the charge rate falls off a cliff (around 83-85%) takes about 35 mins in summer and 45 mins in winter.

Here is the charge profile curve for the Mk 1 ZS

1660303164633.png

You do need to have near perfect conditions (Hot battery, warm ambient conditions, 100kW+ rapid charger, low SoH, perform the special secret dance etc.) to achieve these rates. On an ultra rapid you might average more than 50kW for a short period, on a 50kW charger you will likely manage mid 40 kW in good conditions and mid 30 kW average in winter.

With early BMS the charge rates fell off a cliff at about 82% SoC. With most recent BMS update you will probably get to about 87% before a slightly more gentle drop off.

You should achieve 7kW on AC.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom