MG 4 Camden grey touch up paint.

There's not a great deal of difference in the protection they offer, ppf is not an armour plating & more costly to repair. If you want that little bit extra protection you can ceramic coat on top of the ppf.
That’s what I have been looking at with the place at Wetherby doing both.

That’s what I have been looking at with the place at Wetherby doing both.
What I was originally going to do was just a front end ppf( bumper, bonnet, wings & door mirrors). Have to give credit to detailer for advising against it,the cars simply not worth the repair cost of ppf, ceramic easy to do in a local area repair.

What I was originally going to do was just a front end ppf( bumper, bonnet, wings & door mirrors). Have to give credit to detailer for advising against it,the cars simply not worth the repair cost of ppf, ceramic easy to do in a local area repair.
Well if I end up getting the car I’ll see what the detailer says when I go over. Unless there is some major issues with the car I am intending keeping it for some time though.

PPF supposed to give you better protection from stone chips, bird bombs and the like but won’t necessarily protect it from UV rays if it lives outside hence why the ceramic coating over the top. The place at Wetherby gives free quotes and advice.

I had Supagard Bionic protection applied to my car at the dealer. Whilst that seems good with good hydrophobic properties etc, it's not going to protect again stone chips. So PPF seems an interesting addition to me.

Anyone got a source for Camden Grey touch up paint yet ? I’ve checked the other threads but none seem to have Camden Grey - only Lady Grey ! Chipex don’t recognise my reg and don’t seem to list MG 4 colours. EBay no luck either 😟

Anyone got a source for Camden Grey touch up paint yet ? I’ve checked the other threads but none seem to have Camden Grey - only Lady Grey ! Chipex don’t recognise my reg and don’t seem to list MG 4 colours. EBay no luck either 😟
I got a Camden Grey aerosol can from Paintnuts.

They were sure they could provide the exact match for an MG4 despite me telling them this was a recent colour. I told them the code was 5PAG and they said they could provide this.

I sprayed the right side of the lower front bumper, but when I moved the car outside and removed the masking the colour was paler. I complained and they sent a remixed can - it was the same colour!

They then contacted the manufacture for the correct mix and this 3rd can was a much better match though not absolutely perfect.

I don’t know if they do a touch up, but if you decide to get an aerosol can then ensure it’s the correct mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^

Thanks,

Ordered a touch up from them and sent them an email which they responded to quickly stating they will get the correct colour out to me. I'll update here when it arrives and I have checked it 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back