MG 4 Camden grey touch up paint.

mattdonaghy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi everyone in need of a touch up pen already for my Camden grey mg 4 trophy. Dealer has stated mg in china have discontinued the paint touch up kits so they can’t get it. All local paint places don’t currently have the colour match as the colour code is so new. Has anyone found anywhere to get touch up kits that are a good match.
Cheers

I tried Paintnuts but they could not help me - although I know that they were able to provide the orange colour for someone.

In the end I went to Chipex and the provided a touch up kit for me albeit a little on the expensive side.

I tried Paintnuts but they could not help me - although I know that they were able to provide the orange colour for someone.

In the end I went to Chipex and the provided a touch up kit for me albeit a little on the expensive side.
Anyone know if there's a ral code?

Ended up going with chip ex the paint code my dealer gave me wouldn’t show up anywhere so ordered it based off my reg. thankfully where I’ll be using it isn’t a noticeable part of the car if it isn’t an exact match.

So chipex have cancelled the order and refunded the money, they say they haven’t got the formula for the colour yet as it’s so new. May try paint nuts

Ordered from paint nuts with my reg will let you all no if I’ve any success. My dealer says the Paint code is PAG but no where seems to do it as it’s so new only place I can get it made is a local motor factors who will only do a 2.5L tub

Ordered from paint nuts with my reg will let you all no if I’ve any success. My dealer says the Paint code is PAG but no where seems to do it as it’s so new only place I can get it made is a local motor factors who will only do a 2.5L tub
Please do as I was thinking of going for the Camden

posted before I had finished. I was thinking of going for the Camden Grey colour. So I would be interested in how you get on in case I get any stone chips. Which is likely as they seem to coat the roads in tar and stone chippings every summer.

posted before I had finished. I was thinking of going for the Camden Grey colour. So I would be interested in how you get on in case I get any stone chips. Which is likely as they seem to coat the roads in tar and stone chippings every summer.
Personally I think the Camden grey is the nicest colour of the lot, I do like the orange to see but not to drive every day. Will update with how successful paint nuts is. Hopefully touch up pens are something mg will address surely it’s a simple money making thing.

Personally I think the Camden grey is the nicest colour of the lot, I do like the orange to see but not to drive every day. Will update with how successful paint nuts is. Hopefully touch up pens are something mg will address surely it’s a simple money making thing.
I quite like the Holborn Blue but not looking to stand out too much. Even with what I have got now I still managed to find someone in Irvine that took a dislike to my car and keyed down the front passenger door.

I ordered Camden grey (PAG) from Paintnuts. I opted for the aerosol paint and lacquer option. The code inside the door is 5PAG, but they said I only need to quote the letters!

I also tried Chipex initially and as mentioned above they accepted the order and then refunded the money.

Just over two into ownership and after a trip up and down the lovely A1 just over a week ago, washed the car today to discover two small stone chips, showing the under seal.
After my face dropped and blood boiled 👿, I ordered a touch-up pen from Paint Nuts. They recognised the code for red, so here's hoping.
God it's a bit sickening finding your first scars from UK roads on your nice new car 😠

Just over two into ownership and after a trip up and down the lovely A1 just over a week ago, washed the car today to discover two small stone chips, showing the under seal.
After my face dropped and blood boiled 👿, I ordered a touch-up pen from Paint Nuts. They recognised the code for red, so here's hoping.
God it's a bit sickening finding your first scars from UK roads on your nice new car 😠
From what I have been seeing on YouTube I understand the paint work is soft. So I have been enquiring about getting mine wrapped in PPF when I get one. It’s not cheap but I am intending keeping the car as long as no major issues.

From what I have been seeing on YouTube I understand the paint work is soft. So I have been enquiring about getting mine wrapped in PPF when I get one. It’s not cheap but I am intending keeping the car as long as no major issues.
Great shout. Not far from me I have detailer who applies this and will do just the front of the car. I'll look into it. As you say, it appears the paint is not very hard wearing

Great shout. Not far from me I have detailer who applies this and will do just the front of the car. I'll look into it. As you say, it appears the paint is not very hard wearing
It’s at Thorpe Arch if you look them up I’ll message the name. Project R it’s called I have already enquired for when I get mine and there supposed to be emailing me the options.

I was advised by the detailer I went to, not to go down the PPF route, the cost of repairing any damage is more cost effective on a ceramic coating.

Ceramic coating won’t protect the car from stone chips though which is why I was looking at the PPF.
There's not a great deal of difference in the protection they offer, ppf is not an armour plating & more costly to repair. If you want that little bit extra protection you can ceramic coat on top of the ppf.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back