MG 5 and Scheduled Charging

Robmayes

Novice Member
Reaction score
I will be receiving the MG5 long range exclusive next month and want to install the best socket scheduled charger (untethered charger)
Will the MG5 wake up for the off peak rate when plugged in outside off peak rates?
Seems local MG dealer does not know.
If it cant do this then there is no point in buying the expensivendive smart meters.

My eo Pro mini 2 works well.
I will be receiving the MG5 long range exclusive next month and want to install the best socket scheduled charger (untethered charger)
Will the MG5 wake up for the off peak rate when plugged in outside off peak rates?
Seems local MG dealer does not know.
If it cant do this then there is no point in buying the expensivendive smart meters.

Smart meters are installed by your supplier. It may be worth doing that now then changing to a off peak supplier at the same time so you are ready to use it. Then switch tariff to something like Octopus Go.
My MG5 works great on a Zappi or OHME unit.

The car itself doesn't contain any intelligence to do timed charging but as long as that intelligence is in the charge point it will just sit there and wait until the charge point says go.
I had a Hypervolt Charge Point installed just two days ago and it performs timed charging perfectly.

We have timed charging setup via our Rolec wall charger untethered for both our I Pace and just use the same setting for the MG5 all is working fine for both cars without any issues.

Thank you for your replies, I was wanting to be sure that the MG5 can sit there and wait for the smart socket to wake up and send the current to the car. That seems to be the case.
I was contemplating using wallbox pulsar with the Octopus intelligent beta which gives the longest off peak rate for both the ev and any other appliance at that time. Down side it is tethered only.

Thank you for your replies, I was wanting to be sure that the MG5 can sit there and wait for the smart socket to wake up and send the current to the car. That seems to be the case.
I was contemplating using wallbox pulsar with the Octopus intelligent beta which gives the longest off peak rate for both the ev and any other appliance at that time. Down side it is tethered only.
Why are you finding the wallbox being tethered such a downside?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom