MG app MG4

Once remote HVAC is turned on (which it is not in your screenshot) the word HVAC appears at the top-right. (At least it does for me). Click on that to get a new screen where you can change the temperature.

I’m going to hope I’m not the only one issues with iSMART again today? Refuses to refresh the car status or complete any operation. Not great. Used to having issues with the vauxhall app before mind so not entirely surprised 😭

Didn’t know about the ability to set the hvac temperature so that’s something I’ll look forward to when the app actually works again 🤣

Worked fine here today. Is your car online? I had lots of connectivity issues before the current system update.
Apparently not

Attachments

• F10A0C0E-0CAA-409F-AFC2-EFC477FAECE8.jpeg
    F10A0C0E-0CAA-409F-AFC2-EFC477FAECE8.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 111
Mine had lots of connectivity issues, too. It went on- and offline randomly. The latest update seems to have solved this.

When the car was offline most of the time I was able to connect it to the hotspot of my mobile phone and it worked for a while then.
Just driven to the gym and lo and behold it’s working when I got here. Can’t decide if my driveway is in a dead spot for whatever network they use 😂 car is used daily so it’s not an issue of the car going electrically dead so I’m at a loss. SE doesn’t have any network/wifi functionality that I can find.

Correct - no WiFi capability on the SE. On the rare occasions this happens to me, a simple unlock/lock with the key fob kicks the car back into life and lets the app scan the car. (And so set the HVAC on - really handy in this weather).

Couldn't get the charge flap open at -4, tried some warm water and eventually opened. Plugged in, couldn't charge. App continually erroring (after multiple force closes, clear cache etc). Had to sit in car to defrost and then charge flap wouldn't close. Late for appointment (sigh). Hair dryer on charge flap mechanism, eventually closed. App connects about 1 in 10 goes at the moment. Don't you just love the MG4 (sigh again). While the Tropy concept is perfect for me, drives great, good range etc, my patience is wearing thin, must keep the faith!
Yes I had trouble getting the flap to stay closed this morning! Also, I got in the car, switched on the heating to defrost the screen. Came back 10 mins later and it was blowing cold air, despite the temperature set on 31deg ... no defrosting! Had to turn on and off a few times before heat came out .... is this an economy setting? :)

The heating appears to be a constant issue that's being raised, there certainly doesn't seem to be a happy medium to its settings.

It's definitely an economy something

Yes I had trouble getting the flap to stay closed this morning! Also, I got in the car, switched on the heating to defrost the screen. Came back 10 mins later and it was blowing cold air, despite the temperature set on 31deg ... no defrosting! Had to turn on and off a few times before heat came out .... is this an economy setting? :)
No, it seems to be a genuine fault. The heater blowing ice cold despite set correctly is reported in various Facebook groups, too. My car did it twice, always after interrupting the preheat.

Why is only 10 min HVAC precon allowed? Should be 30 min at least
Because HVAC heating uses the HV battery. You can do 2 lots of 10 mins.

If I set my HVAC temperature to HI then each 10 mins of heating loses 2% of battery SoC. 🤷‍♂️

But still stupid because if plugged in you can recover. 10 min is too little when ice on windscreen

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup it’s stupid. Should be able to run it for at least 30 mins if plugged in. And why do the lights have to come on when preheating. Mickey Mouse software.

Being kind I would say that the programmer thought: 'if the car needs defrosting then the lights will be covered in ice and they need clearing'. Of course, works best with halogen lights and not applicable for cooling.

But still stupid because if plugged in you can recover. 10 min is too little when ice on windscreen
The HVAC will output the heat that you last set in the cabin. If you increase the temperature in the app after turning it on the car will defrost in those 10 minutes.

So my MG4 Trophy won't remote heat the car. Stopped working since my last car update when it was serviced. Anyone else had the issue? Used to work

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back