MG ChargeHub aka Star Charge Aurora software and app

Trooper

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
TL;DR Does anyone have any info on an app that communicates with the ChargeHub?

So I was lucky enough to be the first in my city to get an Oz spec MG4 (which I love!) last month and talked the dealer the into throwing in the 7kW ChargeHub for free.
MG ChargeHub

But as a consumer there appears to be no way to access any of the features mentioned on the website i.e. Analytical Feedback etc?

Curiously the website used to mention accessing it via the “MG ChargeHub App” but that reference has now been deleted. And Star Charge’s apps don’t recognise the MG version.

I know MG as a company are notoriously hard to get info out of so no replies from the two emails I’ve sent, and even the dealer has no info, but I’ve got it updated to the latest software, had a play with the interface, PlugNCharge and the supplied RFID cards etc. But don’t see anyway to access it’s real-time info, logging etc.

Anyway possibly a niche question, but if anyone knows of an app that talks to the wall box as opposed to just using the car’s I-SMART app it’d be appreciated 🙂

Never heard of the MG ChargeHub or the Star Charge Aurora in the UK. There does seem to be an agent in Serbia though.

Never heard of the MG ChargeHub or the Star Charge Aurora in the UK.
Yes I just noticed in another thread that it wasn’t heard of in some regions … Maybe MG decided to use Aus/NZ as test markets first.

Its actually quite nicely designed hardware, but yeah maybe MG won’t put more resources into it software-wise yet in case it doesn’t take off globally. 😕

Last edited:
Yes I just noticed in another thread that it wasn’t heard of in some regions … Maybe MG decided to use Aus/NZ as test markets first.

Its actually quite nicely designed hardware, but yeah maybe MG won’t put more resources into it software-wise yet in case it doesn’t take off globally. 😕
Is that not a "Field of Dreams" scenario? If they don't enable/support features then they may hamper the take off. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back