MG community - 15:00 Emergency Goverment alert

Did it happen? Y or N?

• Y

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • N

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
My phone did not go off neither did my wife's phone.
We were having afternoon tea and heard a few phones go off a minute early and a few phones a minute or 2 later.
I think the 3 network did not send the alert.

Last edited:
Yes, mine did, the wifes did, a friend who was with us did, all different networks and different phones. all seemed to work.

My wife and I have iPhones on three and neither went off. Our Daughter is I think Vodaphone with a Samsung (?) and it did set off.

I was driving (MG4) I received the message on my iPhone , three network and CarPlay displayed the alert and when clicked read out the message. 👍

Mine went off at 15:02. SWMBO's didn't because she only has a 3G phone.

Of my two phones, one worked and the other didn't so can't vote either way.

Not sure why one would disable it. seems a useful thing to me. And I wanted to hear how it sounds.

Not sure why one would disable it. seems a useful thing to me. And I wanted to hear how it sounds.
It isn't something we want or need in our lives. We haven't needed it before. There doesn't seem to be any good use for it in a country as benign as this.

Nobody is explaining why it is needed nor what it would have changed if we'd had it in the past, nor is anyone explaining exactly what we would usefully do if it was ever activated.

So no good case for it, ergo don't want the government deciding to send us alerts, and therefore quickly disabled.

It isn't something we want or need in our lives. We haven't needed it before. There doesn't seem to be any good use for it in a country as benign as this.

Nobody is explaining why it is needed nor what it would have changed if we'd had it in the past, nor is anyone explaining exactly what we would usefully do if it was ever activated.

So no good case for it, ergo don't want the government deciding to send us alerts, and therefore quickly disabled.
Maybe they know something we don't :eek:;)

Who do you want sending you alerts ? Does it do any harm ? Not something that bothers me enough to even make the effort to disable it.
As it happened I was in a very noisy pub at the time and completely missed it. :)

Who do you want sending you alerts ? Does it do any harm ? Not something that bothers me enough to even make the effort to disable it.
As it happened I was in a very noisy pub at the time and completely missed it. :)
We’ll I’ve got to argue about that. I for one was totally reliant on it to awaken me from my dwam and prompt me to unplug the car at around the 80% top up timing. So the alarm never came, my car now sits straining at the bit brim full of sparks and I am therefor FORCED to reset the dashboard and go out and drive the thing to a nice wee restaurant with my good lady for lunch 😜 Gosh life can be a bitch when one can’t even rely on these national panic alerts 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We’ll I’ve got to argue about that. I for one was totally reliant on it to awaken me from my dwam and prompt me to unplug the car at around the 80% top up timing. So the alarm never came, my car now sits straining at the bit brim full of sparks and I am therefor FORCED to reset the dashboard and go out and drive the thing to a nice wee restaurant with my good lady for lunch 😜 Gosh life can be a bitch when one can’t even rely on these national panic alerts 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sue them !

Sue them !
Well I fully intended to get Siri to remind me to tell Alexa as soon as we returned home to find a good lawyer but the lentil soup was just sublime. So I’m afraid when I got back home I sat down and drifted off on another wee dwam. But the car sits primed and ready with 84% of its smooth delightful power ready for the Tesco trail.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom