MG Epsom

fshuk1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Using the iSmart app, "Wilsons MG" at Epsom is my nearest MG dealer. Anyone has experience with them? Are they on top of all the MG4 issues and are helpful?

Yes we did indeed, for our ZS and subsequently our MG4. Chris the sales manager is great, they are very helpful and whilst we don’t get particularly regular updates, I’d rather they didn’t keep emailing me telling me the car isnt on its way so this is by no means a bad thing necessarily.

I was wondering how many MG4s they have sold. The more they have sold the greater the chance that they are up to date with solutions. For example I don't want them to try to "fix-the-bulge" rather than order the new panel and fit it.

I asked the service department if they are aware of this forum and they were not. May be you can talk to Chris and ask for the service department to look at this forum rather than reinvent the wheel by inspecting the car

I was wondering how many MG4s they have sold. The more they have sold the greater the chance that they are up to date with solutions. For example I don't want them to try to "fix-the-bulge" rather than order the new panel and fit it.

I asked the service department if they are aware of this forum and they were not. May be you can talk to Chris and ask for the service department to look at this forum rather than reinvent the wheel by inspecting the car

There aren’t really any TO sell at the moment, when we ordered on 20th October they’d had 15 or so orders, and had 12-15 cars coming in the first allocation so we couldn’t nab one of those.

If it’s your nearest dealer and you want tue car then go have a look and speak with the guys there; asking me to do it on your behalf is a bit odd, “hi Chris a random guy on the internet wants you to look at this forum so that he can maybe buy a car off you but only once you’ve sold a certain number of them first”

There aren’t really any TO sell at the moment, when we ordered on 20th October they’d had 15 or so orders, and had 12-15 cars coming in the first allocation so we couldn’t nab one of those.

If it’s your nearest dealer and you want tue car then go have a look and speak with the guys there; asking me to do it on your behalf is a bit odd, “hi Chris a random guy on the internet wants you to look at this forum so that he can maybe buy a car off you but only once you’ve sold a certain number of them first”
Sorry , having bought two cars from Chris made me think you have a better relationship than I do. Also, I have already bought my car. I have booked my car to go in, just wanted to find-out/help so they become a centre of excellence for our model.

Using the iSmart app, "Wilsons MG" at Epsom is my nearest MG dealer. Anyone has experience with them? Are they on top of all the MG4 issues and are helpful?
They are my nearest MG dealer but I didn’t order my MG4 through them as they wanted a £500 non-refundable deposit and MG Chiswick asked for a £99 refundable deposit…

They are my nearest MG dealer but I didn’t order my MG4 through them as they wanted a £500 non-refundable deposit and MG Chiswick asked for a £99 refundable deposit…

We ordered through Wilson’s and paid a £99 refundable deposit

They are my nearest MG dealer but I didn’t order my MG4 through them as they wanted a £500 non-refundable deposit and MG Chiswick asked for a £99 refundable d

We ordered through Wilson’s and paid a £99 refundable deposit
I believe they were all 99 refundable at the beginning. When the orders were outstripping supply they went to £500 non-refundable. May be some kept the old £99 since they were confident we would take the car

Last edited:
Got my SE LR from Epsom, went in end of August, paid a 500 refundable deposit (or so they said 😉), and picked the car up start of October.
Happy with the sales team, we went through the process with James but Chris was always available for any questions that popped up.
Service department so far have done the android update to remove the pre production watermark and it's going in tomorrow as I have the low voltage battery warning light come on and it won't charge!!!!

Got my SE LR from Epsom, went in end of August, paid a 500 refundable deposit (or so they said 😉), and picked the car up start of October.
Happy with the sales team, we went through the process with James but Chris was always available for any questions that popped up.
Service department so far have done the android update to remove the pre production watermark and it's going in tomorrow as I have the low voltage battery warning light come on and it won't charge!!!!
Please let me know their stance on the BULGE. Do we have to argue vehemently or do they accept it is problem? Did you have it? Did the order you a replacement or do they try to force it? Also the leak?

Good to hear positive experience of the garage. I paid the £500 non-refundable with James last month, got the order number 1 week later.
@madpieboy, did you get update regularly from James or Chris? or you asked for update? Thanks

Well the car went in today and they couldn't find anything up with the battery/charging (maybe my work charging point was having an off day!!)

But........funny enough they have now found a gearbox oil leak!!!! and it will take a week for the part to arrive and about the same for the oil 😱

Offered me an MG3 in the meantime......merry Xmas 🤦‍♂️

Good to hear positive experience of the garage. I paid the £500 non-refundable with James last month, got the order number 1 week later.
@madpieboy, did you get update regularly from James or Chris? or you asked for update? Thanks
James did need a bit of chasing every now and then but then I was probably a bit impatient too 🤣

Also glad to hear some positive reports of the Epsom engineering abilities and responses.
Had a fine experience ordering a Smurf Trophy in early November for an apparent delivery at some point Februaryish. Has also been radio silence since ordering but given some of the fun you read about on the forum I’m not pushing for any early deliveries A couple of extra months of patches, redesigns, and updates is a-ok with me…

Well they managed to find me a ZS petrol off the forecourt, only 300 miles on the clock......I miss my MG4 already 🤣

I ordered a MG4 Trophy ( Camden Grey) from MG Epsom on 6th October with an estimated delivery of January. I was disappointed to receive a phone call yesterday to tell me it is now expected in April. I am yet to find out if they will still honour the trade in price agreed for my existing car which was priced for a January hand over. I’m concerned that the April delivery could be further delayed. Has anyone else had a similar message from this dealership or are you cars coming through on time?
Thanks

I ordered a MG4 Trophy ( Camden Grey) from MG Epsom on 6th October with an estimated delivery of January. I was disappointed to receive a phone call yesterday to tell me it is now expected in April. I am yet to find out if they will still honour the trade in price agreed for my existing car which was priced for a January hand over. I’m concerned that the April delivery could be further delayed. Has anyone else had a similar message from this dealership or are you cars coming through on time?
Thanks

We ordered a blue trophy around the same time and got one quicker from Glyn Hopkin in Milton Keynes but I suspect ours would have slipped (they told us end of March and we ordered end of October so not sure why they told you January)

Hope the honour your trade in price , as it's through no fault of yours, but it is the motor trade. I think recent posts have now said 20 weeks delivery, but that is new orders.
From earlier posts I do find Epson's £500 non refundable deposit really off, it's a fair chunk of cash and to lose it if you change your mind isn't right. (Probably the dealers plan, as who's going to walk away from that)
Especially when most other dealers are doing £200 (or there abouts) fully refundable.

When I ordered, 1st October, I was told end of January.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back