MG Epsom

Thanks. Our other local dealer, MG Crawley, wanted £1000 deposit!
Is that refundable? Even if it was I would avoid them, ridiculous amount to pay months in advance. By all means when the car arrives I'd happily put as much cash in as I was happy with

Just for clarity, the MG Crawley deposit was refunded to me when I switched to MG Epsom. The paperwork from MG Epsom states that the deposits non-refundable.
That paperwork may not be worth the paper it is written on - if they wanted to retain the full deposit (should you decide to cancel [breach] the contract) then they'd need to justify it. The Consumer Rights Act and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations refer.

Thanks-that’s interesting. Of course but informing me of the delivery delay one day before the price increase means that I’m unlikely to start again with a new dealer.

Do not use this garage (Wilsons MG Epsom.)

1) Yes you have a major oil leak we will contact MG to see what we can do (Please read this forum....No we will talk to MG). It may take couple of week. You cannot drive the car. We cannot give you a curtsy car, you have to pay for it
2) The bulge is ok. There is nothing to do.

Absolutely no knowledge and no interest.

Seems to be the way with most dealers, there are a few exceptions. They are not fixing the major issue (locking in) on every car so what chance is there they will fix the trivial ones.

1) Yes you have a major oil leak we will contact MG to see what we can do (Please read this forum....No we will talk to MG). It may take couple of week. You cannot drive the car. We cannot give you a curtsy car, you have to pay for it

How is it a “major oil leak”? It’s a bit of excess oil falling out, that makes no difference to the car; it’s not like the engine will seize like in a petrol/diesel. With regards to the bulge again it’s no biggie, our car has it but it’s underneath and makes zero difference to any part of the car or how it drives so just crack on and don’t let them keep the car if you don’t want to be without it for weeks.

That is disgraceful. An email to MG customer services informing them what the public face of MG is like and suggest they invite Wilson's for a training session.
It probably won't make any difference but if MG don't know they can't do anything.

How is it a “major oil leak”? It’s a bit of excess oil falling out, that makes no difference to the car; it’s not like the engine will seize like in a petrol/diesel. With regards to the bulge again it’s no biggie, our car has it but it’s underneath and makes zero difference to any part of the car or how it drives so just crack on and don’t let them keep the car if you don’t want to be without it for weeks.
To be fair the oil is there for a reason, it's not excess oil unless you believe the overfill BS, it's leaking because of poor design, hence the reason they have designed a modified breather, the wouldn't have needed to have done that if it was just excess.
no one has been able to answer the question on the long term affect on the moving parts of the reduction gear box, bit naive to think it would make no difference, do you think they added it for no reason?
At least one member has had his undertray ripped off when the bulge caught standing water, so again does make a difference

To be fair the oil is there for a reason, it's not excess oil unless you believe the overfill BS, it's leaking because of poor design, hence the reason they have designed a modified breather, the wouldn't have needed to have done that if it was just excess.
no one has been able to answer the question on the long term affect on the moving parts of the reduction gear box, bit naive to think it would make no difference, do you think they added it for no reason?
At least one member has had his undertray ripped off when the bulge caught standing water, so again does make a difference

It would only rip off if a) the standing water was deep enough and b) they were driving too fast through it…panels don’t just fall off

They do get fitted wrong though! As far as speed, I can't comment. My reply was only in response to you saying both issues made no difference, when they quite obviously do.

They do get fitted wrong though! As far as speed, I can comment. My reply was only in response to you saying both issues made no difference, when they quite obviously do.

Well they’ve made no difference to our car - no leak as far as I can see but a bulging tray. Everyone getting their knickers in a twist about it, if you don’t want the garage to turn around and say they need to keep your car while they sort it, then don’t tell the garage about it in the first place 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well that's the attitude isn't it, I don't have the leak so what's everyone with it worrying about.
It's great you've not got the leak but unfortunately loads have and as we've already established the oil is there for a reason.

Companies now send a video from the service engineer showing the underside of your car. In that video the engineer SAYS there is a major oil leak.
1672872422243.png

He also says it needs a "breather replacement recall". He uses the word RECALL

There has been no official recall no matter what the dealer says, there should have been but their stance has been to only do the modified breather once you report the leak

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back