MG iSmart 2.0 features & usage thread [no moaning in here please!]

meveringham

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I know there's now a (merged) thread on the update to the MG phone software app but it's almost entirely issues and problems with the app, rather than any information on what new features the update has brought, or how to use them. Can we keep this thread as that, perhaps?

For instance on the home page of the app, there is now a (more obvious?) 'Air Conditioner' section alongside the battery section that seemingly allows us to set a temperature and pre-heat our cars. That would be awesome if that's the case.

(Mods please delete this thread if not acceptable)

Last edited by a moderator:
For instance on the home page of the app, there is now a (more obvious?) 'Air Conditioner' section alongside the battery section that seemingly allows us to set a temperature and pre-heat our cars. That would be awesome if that's the case.
Except that for Trophy owners, the seat heating isn't in there like it used to be, it's at the bottom of the front page instead.

The only thing I could find was the ability to replace the pincode with a biometric option like face-id on apple phones and finger-print on android.

Apart from that, the V2.0.1 app doesn't really have new features, it's just that everything that was available before is now slightly rearranged.

It’s like when Office introduced the ribbon. People were requesting features that existed but were hard to find so they redesigned the UI and people who knew where to find stuff were lost for a little while but it was better for newer users.

1000013171.jpg
Except that for Trophy owners, the seat heating isn't in there like it used to be, it's at the bottom of the front page instead.
It is with mine mate

I find the location/map page seems to be more responsive, and being able to easily filter the POI is useful. (Yes, I know that in some cases the list of EV charge points seems a bit haphazard, given that some aren't publicly available, but it's still a step forward).

Biometric "login" instead of PIN for HVAC functions, digital key etc. is also useful given that such functionality is intuitive as we use it for so many other functions in other apps. And now that the login Token issue seems to have been resolved and the app just logs straight in then not having true biometric login is not a concern.

Just needs a Dark theme and all will be good. :)

Digital Key has been massively improved

It’s now on the home page

The lock and unlock buttons use the digital key if the app has a Bluetooth connection to the car

Otherwise they’ll use the mobile network.

It will try to connect to the car via Bluetooth upon opening the app, and the indicator will be lit.

Seems the car has changed to "Brighton Blue"

Other than that - nothing else seems to be reporting/connecting - although it has been parked up since 7pm and I have since downloaded/logged into the app, so maybe the car needs to be turned on

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back