MG ismart app - unable to register

Agreed its is a silly situation I can't believe mg can't unbind for you and it is down to the original binder to de bind

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I thought you could unbind a phone in the head unit of the car ???.
I know @Miles Roberts CG has managed to get one stubborn ZS EV unbind done, by MG at their end of things.
The only potential "bad" thing about making it possible to unbind the car in the menu, is if the car is stolen.

If my car is stolen i would go to the app at once to track it, but if it was possible to unbind, and it was a thief that was just mildly clever, the first thing he would do if this was possible, would be to drive for a few miles, pull over and unbind your phone to stop you from tracking it.

It would be nice if the MG certified garages atleast had an option to log in to MG's system and force an unbind. If this action was fully logged, and every garage had an individual code, it would be rather risky for a "bad employee" to unbind a stolen car, as if someone investigated it, then it would fall directly back to him / his garage.

I suppose you could unbind your car with pass code in this case but that's no good if you buy a 2nd hand car that someone else has there phone contacted I can see it now in a few years when px cars are at auction and people will bind the cars so they can find where they are after sold and unlock them and help them self to stuff or the car something needs to be put in place to be able for you to unbind your own car
Just a side note if someone steals your car what's stopping them ripping out the GPS antenna?

I'm it may have been said elsewhere but I had no issue at all registering and getting a verification code as soon as I did the registration while I was plugged into the car using a USB cable

Hi my problem is a bit different, I have just purchased the car and can’t unbind the car because someone else set it up on there phone ! Mg and the dealers don’t seam to take it seriously that who ever has binded my car can not only find it but unlock it plus other things . If my insurance knew this they would have kittens ! This is a major security issue that mg has to address
Did you get this sorted if so how?

Hi
I’m a Ev and a MG newbie.
Have been delighted with my ZS EV LR Trophy (delivered a month ago) but a few days ago after a full granny charge the ISMART app froze. I left it a couple of days (thinking possible server issue) but still the same this morning. Have deleted the app and reinstalled it - now the car thinks it’s connected to the phone (not sure what the app thinks - but it is not recognising the car). I cannot find an unbind button in the app to try to get communication between the two restarted. In a bit of a pickle here - any ideas how to reconnect?

Hi
I’m a Ev and a MG newbie.
Have been delighted with my ZS EV LR Trophy (delivered a month ago) but a few days ago after a full granny charge the ISMART app froze. I left it a couple of days (thinking possible server issue) but still the same this morning. Have deleted the app and reinstalled it - now the car thinks it’s connected to the phone (not sure what the app thinks - but it is not recognising the car). I cannot find an unbind button in the app to try to get communication between the two restarted. In a bit of a pickle here - any ideas how to reconnect?
In the app go to settings, my profile, about, then delete account.

Hi,

I am unable to register for an account with MG ismart using my UK mobile number. Is there a problem is that ?

Email registration isn't working either.

Kind Regards
Nav
I had the same problem. I was trying inputting my phone number, or trying email repeatedly. Then after some google searching found a really easy solution. "Turn off wifi and connect to the MG app via 4G".
It worked straight away and got the authorisation code immediately

Hi
Thanks for the suggestions received- I have tried deleting the app and reloading that about 4 times and have also tried switching off my Wi-Fi. All to no apparent effect. I am consistently getting the message that the vehicle is already bound and that I should contact MG support. In light of others’ poor experience of contacting customer support any suggestions? All I want is to be able to use the app again!! TIA

Registered no problem at all but I can’t get the QR code scan thing to work…. I hate technology 😂 any indications of a simple fix or if I’m doing something stupidly wrong?

Registered no problem at all but I can’t get the QR code scan thing to work…. I hate technology 😂 any indications of a simple fix or if I’m doing something stupidly wrong?
In similar situations I always seek advice from my granddaughter, who, at eleven, thinks she knows everything 🤦‍♂️
The annoying thing is that she’s usually spot on 🙄.

In similar situations I always seek advice from my granddaughter, who, at eleven, thinks she knows everything 🤦‍♂️
The annoying thing is that she’s usually spot on 🙄.
The wife is much younger than me and usually sorts these things out straight away but she can’t get it to work either. The phone just has the blue bar going up and down constantly on her iPhone and doesn’t register the QR code.
Mine (also iPhone but a little older) it starts to scan then puts a message on phone to say not available right now ??

Attachments

• 71A5B7A6-A918-4E5A-B4D9-68CE2D7C4894.jpeg
    71A5B7A6-A918-4E5A-B4D9-68CE2D7C4894.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 123
Hello. I have resolved the problem all by myself after few hectic hours of uncertainty and dismal.
To begin with, I got my brand new MG ZS EV long range, Luxury ( Trophy connect in the UK) yesterday, but failed to even download the application MG iSMART as the Google store states it is not available in my country ( France)...?!?!
Then the dealership TD me I have to change my mobile with a compatible one...!!??!?
My phone runs on Android 12.5.10 and being a super cool Xiaomi Mi10T Pro 5G, 256 GB and had no intention to do so only to have the application running.
So few hours later I have found this link

downloaded the app file, had it installed and instantly my life turned back normal.
It takes few attempts, indeed to set all the password, the account, the secret 4 digit code, but it is all self-explanatory, easy and quick to do. I found it much easier to be inside the car, while setting all up. Can't tell.wether it was the cable connection or what, but now I have an active, perfectly operational app and can really profit from the MG iSMART advantages.
Good luck to you all.

For "This Service is not available, try later" on the Phone / Email registration, this worked for me...

On Android (presume similar for iPhone) go into the Application Settings for the iSmart app.

Go to Location Settings and ensure location settings are enabled for the iSmart app.

Then re-try.

The app doesn't come up with a pop-up asking for permissions so you have to do it manually.

Mine was constantly saying unavailable for 24 hours but worked immediately after doing this, got the verification code and registered without issue.

Let me know if this works for you too :)

Hi all. I managed to get this working on my new MG Z Trophy 2022z. It’s an ex demo so was already bonded to one of the sales guys so I couldn’t bind my phone . A quick phone call to dealer and he unbinded and it worked my end/. It’s really a good app if you can get it to work. My issue is now both my wife and I drive the car but don’t think you can have 2 users of the app. Is this right?

Hi all. I managed to get this working on my new MG Z Trophy 2022z. It’s an ex demo so was already bonded to one of the sales guys so I couldn’t bind my phone . A quick phone call to dealer and he unbinded and it worked my end/. It’s really a good app if you can get it to work. My issue is now both my wife and I drive the car but don’t think you can have 2 users of the app. Is this right?
Great news !

You can only have one login which you will need to share. Yes if you log in, it will log your wife out. If she logs in it will log you out etc. So at worst you just need to pop the password in again to get back in.

I guess the chances of you both needing to use it at the exact same time are next to none so it shouldn't be too much hassle.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom