• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG iSmart lower your expectations

OK, so I thought I'd take a look at the iSmart app whilst I wait for my ZS EV LR Trophy Connect to arrive...
Any suggestions on how I can get get the app to send me the validation code? I've tried both the Phone No and the email options, but I don't receive the code.
(Android phone, if it makes a difference...)
Thanks

There's two characters that look like full stops on the keyboard, try using the one you haven't been using. Took my a while to work that out.

I'm not sure you're going to learn much by installing the app before you've got the car to be honest though.

OK, so I thought I'd take a look at the iSmart app whilst I wait for my ZS EV LR Trophy Connect to arrive...
Any suggestions on how I can get get the app to send me the validation code? I've tried both the Phone No and the email options, but I don't receive the code.
(Android phone, if it makes a difference...)
Thanks
Have you added the 44 and dropped the zero?
Also the app does very little until it’s bound to the car.

Apologies in advance this is a bit of a jovial whine about the MG iSmart app on Android.
I'm hoping it will low expectations sufficiently so that when you do use it you will be delighted that all of these issues are fixed.
I don't know if the Apple version is any better but I'm not hopeful.

Questions & Answers

Can you get battery status - Yes if you don't mind waiting 60 seconds or longer if it fails and you need to try again.

Can you lock/unlock the car - Yes

Can you turn on/off the AC, AC blowing and Front window defrost - Yes and the rear lights come on when it's dark
View attachment 6207

Is Mobile number verification completely broken - Yes

Does the iSmart app force you to register/login using an in-built iSmart keyboard with a layout nothing like the inbuilt system keyboard - Yes
View attachment 6206

Does this clunky iSmart keyboard support copy & paste - No

Can you use a password manager to profile the username & password - No

Does the iSmart app allow you to login on more than one device? - No

View attachment 6202

Does the < icon work for back navigation? Yes sometimes and No at other times it depends which screen you are looking at

Is the app fast and responsive? - No

Does the "Travel" screen work - No - You get a map of Belliardstraat and a spinning progress bar

View attachment 6203

Does the MG Touch point screen work? - No you get a map of Berlin and a spinning progress bar
View attachment 6204

Charge Management - Do you have to wait up to 60 seconds for data? Yes. Is it consistently 60 seconds and does it suspiciously feel hardcoded somewhere? - Yes
View attachment 6205

Is the overall is the user experience worse and less reliable than Facebook ? Hmm, its so close but Yes the MG iSmart app is worse than Facebook.

Things can only get better?

Have a good weekend
The app isn’t too bad for me. The travel screen brings up my current location, anywhere I pick gives me the choice of sending it to Google maps or Apple Maps or I can send it to the car.
It’s a bit hit and miss getting it to scan etc.but the rest of it and the sending of locations appears to be ok.
Finding the QR code wasn’t straight forward - you need to swipe the screen to the left.

and the extra range....features.....supercharger network. The only real value propositions with decent range these days are MG or Tesla. yes, value proposition.
Don’t forget the litigation payouts!

The app isn’t bad - the locations I’ve sent through to the sat nav have all arrived.
I’m wondering if the lack of remote control of the car stems from the 12v system being low and hence it’s shut down the comma. I’ll see what happens after the battery looks a little more healthy.

Apologies in advance this is a bit of a jovial whine about the MG iSmart app on Android.
I'm hoping it will low expectations sufficiently so that when you do use it you will be delighted that all of these issues are fixed.
I don't know if the Apple version is any better but I'm not hopeful.

Questions & Answers

Can you get battery status - Yes if you don't mind waiting 60 seconds or longer if it fails and you need to try again.

Can you lock/unlock the car - Yes

Can you turn on/off the AC, AC blowing and Front window defrost - Yes and the rear lights come on when it's dark
View attachment 6207

Is Mobile number verification completely broken - Yes

Does the iSmart app force you to register/login using an in-built iSmart keyboard with a layout nothing like the inbuilt system keyboard - Yes
View attachment 6206

Does this clunky iSmart keyboard support copy & paste - No

Can you use a password manager to profile the username & password - No

Does the iSmart app allow you to login on more than one device? - No

View attachment 6202

Does the < icon work for back navigation? Yes sometimes and No at other times it depends which screen you are looking at

Is the app fast and responsive? - No

Does the "Travel" screen work - No - You get a map of Belliardstraat and a spinning progress bar

View attachment 6203

Does the MG Touch point screen work? - No you get a map of Berlin and a spinning progress bar
View attachment 6204

Charge Management - Do you have to wait up to 60 seconds for data? Yes. Is it consistently 60 seconds and does it suspiciously feel hardcoded somewhere? - Yes
View attachment 6205

Is the overall is the user experience worse and less reliable than Facebook ? Hmm, its so close but Yes the MG iSmart app is worse than Facebook.

Things can only get better?

Have a good weekend
Thank you for the above info.

Are you able to change the charging rate from 32 amp to 16, or whatever?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom