MG Maxus 9

Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have just returned from the Bangkok Motor Show and by far the most popular vehicle was the MG Maxus 9. A 3-row MPV with 90 kWh battery, 540 km EV range

This a product of the company Maxus, which is a subsidiary of SAIC Motor that also owns MG. It is known as the Maxus Mifa 9 in China. It will be sold in RHD by MG dealers in Thailand. At the show it was available for prebooking with a ฿20,000 £500 deposit which entitles customers to double that amount in discount. Staff at the show said that price and delivery had not been confirmed.

In Thailand, the Maxus 9 will be offered in two grades, starting with the X and the V which will add run-flat tyres, genuine leather upholstery, improved powered front seats with massage, heating, ventilation and driver’s side memory functions, VIP-style second-row captain chairs.

20230330_070517266_iOS.jpeg
20230330_070709147_iOS.jpeg
20230330_070855678_iOS.jpeg
20230330_070901269_iOS.jpeg
20230330_071323160_iOS.jpeg
20230330_071218701_iOS.jpeg
IMG_0852.jpeg
IMG_0853.jpeg
IMG_0856.jpeg
IMG_0857.jpeg

Both terrible looking

I think the style of many EVs is a departure from what we are currently used to in a car. But if you can take yourself back to the days of Capri's, or Populars or whatever you would probably have said then that an BMW 5 series is ugly.

I suppose my point is we'll soon get used to them (though I must admit the jelly mould Sierra never really floated my boat, despite having one as a company car!!)

I think it’s clear from the comments that the MG Maxus 9 would not be popular in the UK.

Over here in Asia luxury people carriers are very popular. It’s not uncommon to have a driver to take your kids to school.

Why would you struggle with the traffic and finding parking when you can be driven in luxury and picked up again when you are finished.

It's being sold in the UK under the Maxus not the MG Marque, so will just be the Maxus 9 opposed to MG Maxus 9

And it's basically a cdv of the Maxxus van which is fine by me.

I think it’s clear from the comments that the MG Maxus 9 would not be popular in the UK.

Over here in Asia luxury people carriers are very popular. It’s not uncommon to have a driver to take your kids to school.

Why would you struggle with the traffic and finding parking when you can be driven in luxury and picked up again when you are finished.

I think some are just being picky. CDVs of the Citroen and Renault vans were popular here and aerodynamics are unimportant if it can do 330 miles on a charge. I can see many companies choosing it as a cross between car and van.

The BYD, now that looks awful.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom