MG MG5 EV Excite Alarm goes off when charging.

hackoddity

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So brand new car from Elmo. First day i had it it charged fine on the 3 pin plug charger and my proper charging point. Now i put it on to charge and then anywhere between 5 seconds and 3 minutes of it charging happily, the alarm will go off. All the basic stuff has been checked, doors, boot etc... I'm seeing a lot online about the fact it being an Elmo car and them tracking everything that could be doing it but i have no idea. Elmo are being zero help and just keep fobbing me off and telling me to call back the next day when they've "changed some settings". Any help appreciated.

If there is a telematics device plugged in it's highly likely to be the cause of your problem in which case you have to bat it back to Elmo. As I understand it, they take responsibility for everything.

If there is a telematics device plugged in it's highly likely to be the cause of your problem in which case you have to bat it back to Elmo. As I understand it, they take responsibility for everything.
this is what i assumed, they are denying everything (shockingly).

if there is, it will have been put there by my lease/rental company Elmo and i assume i can't mess with it.
If it's just plugged in to the OBD2 port there's nothing stopping you just unplugging it temporarily to see if it fixes your problem if it does you can provide evidence to elmo
It's very easy to get to this is a ZS but could be in the same place on the 5 if not look more left
Screenshot_20230308-212622.png

Last edited:
If it's just plugged in to the OBD2 port there's nothing stopping you just unplugging it temporarily to see if it fixes your problem if it does you can provide evidence to elmo
It's very easy to get to this is a ZS but could be in the same place on the 5 if not look more left
View attachment 15743
found what looks like a port on the left under the steering wheel and nothing in it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom