MG to offer Service Plans from May

Cameron1590

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello All,

After taking deliver of our new Zs EV the dealer has been pushing a service plan which was £17 a month for three years servicing.

I did some googling and learnt from this forum that MG had stopped offering direct service plans due to a contract dispute with the provider.

I reached out to MG UK who have informed me that they will be offering direct service plans again by May-2022.

Just thought I would share this as it may be of interest to anyone in a similar situation as ourselves.

MG did advise we could take one out with the dealer direct but interestingly with the caveat that I may end up paying the dealers inflated service prices as a result.

Lets see what May brings.

Thanks,

Cameron.

That's good to know and maybe the way I go so that I don't have to think about finding the dosh when required. I was under the impression (I think dealer mentioned) that servicing was around the £30 mark on these though, due to the simplified components. Anyone know where this may have come from?

I think this has been debated alot across the forum.

The first service is nothing more than a visual inspection. The second much the same with the addition of changing brake fluid.

While this work is frankly next to nothing, dealers have been to seen quote £130ish for the first service.

I think I will be opting for a direct service plan post May for the pure reason of paying a fair price hopefully for the service.

I just received a letter from our dealer offering service plans for our new ZS EV, but it looks like it's their generic one, not MG specific. On the basis that the MG service plans are coming in May we'll probably hold off.

I think this has been debated alot across the forum.

The first service is nothing more than a visual inspection. The second much the same with the addition of changing brake fluid.

While this work is frankly next to nothing, dealers have been to seen quote £130ish for the first service.

I think I will be opting for a direct service plan post May for the pure reason of paying a fair price hopefully for the service.
My first service with 3500 miles

Attachments

• 625B1E4E-6FC3-4608-9A02-1323CEFA250B.jpeg
    625B1E4E-6FC3-4608-9A02-1323CEFA250B.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 161
If they are reasonably priced it’s worth a look. I wrote up this thread about service plans when they were offered by MG in 2020/21

Service on my old Peugeot 207 was £65 if nothing was broken. No way I would be happy to pay £200 broken in monthly installments. I would be shopping around for sure if this was a case

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom