MG UK systems down preventing registration

dqtvsound

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Morning all,

I should be picking up my new Trophy LR this morning, but the dealer has just told me he can't tax and register the vehicle because of a computer system failure at MG UK, which has been the case for three days now. Has anyone else come across this one? Very frustrating, as all the insurance is in place, as he gave me a reg number.

Morning all,

I should be picking up my new Trophy LR this morning, but the dealer has just told me he can't tax and register the vehicle because of a computer system failure at MG UK, which has been the case for three days now. Has anyone else come across this one? Very frustrating, as all the insurance is in place, as he gave me a reg number.
If he gave you a registration number surely it's registered.
I would ask what MG UK has got to do with registering and taxing the vehicle, it's the DVLA that do that ?

If he gave you a registration number surely it's registered.
I would ask what MG UK has got to do with registering and taxing the vehicle, it's the DVLA that do that ?
As far as I can remember from my time in sales a reg number can be allocated before the car is registered.
Yes the car is registered with DVLA so perhaps it's something to do with MG not being able to advise DVLA of the vin number etc?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom