MG ZS EV auto tailgate

Nice job @Willie .
Sorry, what was the cost of the opener and was it an easy install or a bit of a nightmare ?.
MG - Have you got your listening ears on there !.
Instead of deleting items from the spec list, and STILL increasing the screen price of the car, try include the electric tail gate as feature, PLEASE !.

Nice job @Willie .
Sorry, what was the cost of the opener and was it an easy install or a bit of a nightmare ?.
Instead of deleting items from the spec list, and STILL increasing the screen price of the car, try include the electric tail gate as feature, PLEASE !.
That even sounds like pigeon English 😁

Willie, great job, well done. Please can you list the part number of the kit from Aliexpress? Thanks.

Nice job @Willie .
Hi Lovemyev, the cost was almost £400 from Ali express (an car). the the most difficult part was installing the cables through the headlining, especially threading them through the rubber conduits at the tailgate hinges, to ease the passage through the conduits I used washing-up liquid to lubricate them. Although the installation instructions were a bit enigmatic with the terminology, I must say that the system is well designed and thought out

Hi Lovemyev, the cost was almost £400 from Ali express (an car). the the most difficult part was installing the cables through the headlining, especially threading them through the rubber conduits at the tailgate hinges, to ease the passage through the conduits I used washing-up liquid to lubricate them. Although the installation instructions were a bit enigmatic with the terminology, I must say that the system is well designed and thought out
Personal I think the cost and some time to install, was well worth the finished result.

Willie, great job, well done. Please can you list the part number of the kit from Aliexpress? Thanks.
Hi Tim, if you go on to Ali express (an car) site and type in auto-tailgate, it will show a list of various car types. give them your car make and model, they will then get back to you asking for more information

View attachment 15163Finally got round to fitting the tailgate from Aliexpress, routing the cables was not as difficult as I first thought, the worst part was threading the cables through the flexible rubber conduits at the tailgate hinge. I've included some photos of the installationView attachment 15163View attachment 15164View attachment 15165View attachment 15166View attachment 15167View attachment 15168View attachment 15169
Hi Willie,
I have the same kit. Can I please ask for some advice?
On the instructions it says to "remove the original safety belt B pillarand fins the plug". Is that the passenger or the driver seat belt pillar, or am i in the wrong place. I took off the top part of the pillar on the passenger side and can see no cable. Is it the lower part of the pillar? And how does it come off? That's all for now😀

Hi Willie,
I have the same kit. Can I please ask for some advice?
On the instructions it says to "remove the original safety belt B pillarand fins the plug". Is that the passenger or the driver seat belt pillar, or am i in the wrong place. I took off the top part of the pillar on the passenger side and can see no cable. Is it the lower part of the pillar? And how does it come off? That's all for now😀
What part of the wiring are you trying to connect

What part of the wiring are you trying to connect
Hi Willie,

Many thanks for coming back to me. I have the connector in the pillar b that they say to get to in order to connect the green wire to. I believe its for the central locking but the colours are different.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 16904642612083363150847671866136.jpg
    16904642612083363150847671866136.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 62
Here are some more pics Willie

Attachments

• 16904644061931256487707895520594.jpg
    16904644061931256487707895520594.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 16904644412593126047074047644128.jpg
    16904644412593126047074047644128.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 66
Also. The fuse box is on the passenger side of my car. Did you have to extend the cables for the button you have under your card slot? There is only 200mm on my cable for that button and the part where the connector clips in to is at the end of the loom that is at the fuse box, so no slack there.

So, I have located the cable. Its the purple/pink wire in that loom on pillar b. It's the only cable that has 12v in it during the unlock cycle.
Job almost complete.
Thanks again.

So, I have located the cable. Its the purple/pink wire in that loom on pillar b. It's the only cable that has 12v in it during the unlock cycle.
Job almost complete.
Thanks again.
Hi CDR, your'e instructions seem to be different to mine, and as I quoted before they are very ambiguous, I had the same problem at that stage of the wiring and I had to text the supplier. I'm glad you figured it out and everything is working. You will find it a great asset as I did

Hi CDR, your'e instructions seem to be different to mine, and as I quoted before they are very ambiguous, I had the same problem at that stage of the wiring and I had to text the supplier. I'm glad you figured it out and everything is working. You will find it a great asset as I did
Hi Willie,

Many thanks. I finally finished it all today but I have a problem. The boot closes fine on the key and the two buttons. But on the opening sequence the boot latch does not release. The suction releases and the rams try to push it open but the latch doesn't open. If I manually release the latch and press the button the boot will open.
I disconnected the latch release t wire and put it back to the original way and the latch releases then I open the boot with the mg badge.
I checked the ground and it's fine. Could it be the central lock wire in the wrong spot?
Any thoughts of what it might be?

Hi Willie,

Many thanks. I finally finished it all today but I have a problem. The boot closes fine on the key and the two buttons. But on the opening sequence the boot latch does not release. The suction releases and the rams try to push it open but the latch doesn't open. If I manually release the latch and press the button the boot will open.
I disconnected the latch release t wire and put it back to the original way and the latch releases then I open the boot with the mg badge.
I checked the ground and it's fine. Could it be the central lock wire in the wrong spot?
Any thoughts of what it might be?
Hi cdr. try disconnecting the wire and see if that solves the problem.

Good Morning. Yea I disconnected the wire and it didn't help. The wire is only for it to work on the key (or so the supplier said). So in theory it should work fine on the buttons with the wore disconnected and it worked exactly the same way with the upper latch not releasing. If I stood there and manually tried to open the boot with the mg badge it acted the same way, unless I pressed in the badge 3 or 4 times the latch would eventually release.
I have two of these kits and two cars. So I tried the latch of the other car and the same thing. I tried the control module from the other kit and the same thing. So my findings are that the latch behaves differently from the mk1 to the mk2.
The suppler states that it should work. I noticed that all kits I checked yesterday that are sold on aliexpress and alibaba that state mg zs ev 2022 do not use the lower suction motor boot catch, they all have a replacement upper suction latch. So I bet that there is a known issue with the original upper latch being compatible with these kits for the mk1.
Just my opinion.

Good Morning. Yea I disconnected the wire and it didn't help. The wire is only for it to work on the key (or so the supplier said). So in theory it should work fine on the buttons with the wore disconnected and it worked exactly the same way with the upper latch not releasing. If I stood there and manually tried to open the boot with the mg badge it acted the same way, unless I pressed in the badge 3 or 4 times the latch would eventually release.
I have two of these kits and two cars. So I tried the latch of the other car and the same thing. I tried the control module from the other kit and the same thing. So my findings are that the latch behaves differently from the mk1 to the mk2.
The suppler states that it should work. I noticed that all kits I checked yesterday that are sold on aliexpress and alibaba that state mg zs ev 2022 do not use the lower suction motor boot catch, they all have a replacement upper suction latch. So I bet that there is a known issue with the original upper latch being compatible with these kits for the mk1.
Just my opinion.
who did you buy it from, I bought mine from an-car at aliexpress.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom