MG ZS EV auto tailgate

I got it from alibaba. I think they are sending me a different kit, one with an upper latch that is swapped out. I will keep this thread informed.

I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis and that is the main reason I fitted it. when closing the tailgate manually by the recessed handle it trapped my fingers, after that I shut it by grabbing the tailgate itself ending up with muddy fingers scratching the paintwork.
Yes I agree I try to use the handle rather than the boot lid, but find it very awkward and I don’t have arthritis.
Hopefully the gas struts will get a bit easier over time.

ISTR someone else fitted some stronger struts (or stronger springs in the struts) to enable the hatch to rise on it's own.
Would stronger struts (springs) also make it harder to pull down ?
Yes it would.

Hi All, so I got the upper latch from the supplier and it works a treat. As per my previous posts the lower suction was not working on the facelift model so I got an upper suction latch. I had to buy the full kit, it was $220 but it was identical to the one I had, electric rams, brackets, wiring looms, and packaging. All the same, with the exception of the upper suction lock being in the box instead of the lower suction latch.
The install was pretty much the same in terms of wiring. Still need to tap in to the 12v unlock wire in pillar b.
All in all a good result and very easy to install (when you have the correct latch). I'll upload some pics and maybe a video if I can tomorrow

Hi All, so I got the upper latch from the supplier and it works a treat. As per my previous posts the lower suction was not working on the facelift model so I got an upper suction latch. I had to buy the full kit, it was $220 but it was identical to the one I had, electric rams, brackets, wiring looms, and packaging. All the same, with the exception of the upper suction lock being in the box instead of the lower suction latch.
The install was pretty much the same in terms of wiring. Still need to tap in to the 12v unlock wire in pillar b.
All in all a good result and very easy to install (when you have the correct latch). I'll upload some pics and maybe a video if I can tomorrow
Good to see you got it sorted out. Just a pity MG doesn't offer this installation

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom