MG ZS EV Battery and Range indicator stuck

Maciej

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I drove to work today and my battery and range indicator both are stuck at the same number 55% and 70 miles

I have tried turning off and locking a car, I have tried checking on the app and tried holding home button for 20 sec to reset infotainment screen. None of this worked.

Any ideas to try before I call a dealership?

That is indeed pretty odd... We drove about 12-15 miles the other day, after which the batt percentage actually went UP (!) by 1%. It then started behaving normally and came downward but probably reached the 20 mile mark without actually dropping below initial reported batt %.

So could just be the car tripping out in its calculations? Particularly strange as not in line with it's normal behaviour though. Sorry can't be of more assistance!

Upvote 0
I see these discrepancies when going from:

- driving in hilly areas, and sometimes up to 70mph

To:

- driving locally, completely flat, never more than 30mph

The car slowly figures out the "new normal" for your driving patterns, then either doesn't reduce the miles-remaining number, or sometimes even adds to it.

Upvote 0
I slow charge most days over night so it's almost always balanced
When you say slow charge, is that on a 7Kw or Granny charger? On a Granny charger, you may never get it to balance unless you reach 100%. and then continue with the balancing for several hours.

Upvote 0
When you say slow charge, is that on a 7Kw or Granny charger? On a Granny charger, you may never get it to balance unless you reach 100%. and then continue with the balancing for several hours.
I believe @Maciej has a standard range so probably reaches 100% every charge

Upvote 0
My ZS EV did this also sometimes.

Would stay at a fixed percentage and range for a while, and then suddenly wake up, and find that it was behind, and then reduce the range and percentage a lot in very little time.

I think i had it atleast 2 times, in the 4 months of ownership.

Upvote 0
Sorry for late replies. Yes I have standard range and charge to 100% every other night or so.

By the way it happened again yesterday, again at 55% it was stuck for about 20 miles and then rapidly dropped about 1% per mile until it even out at what I would expect it to be.

I have service on Monday I will mention it to them see what they can figure out

Upvote 0
I can report that the GOM's are manually updated via the over air update channels by a large contingent of Chinese staff housed in a large warehouse in Shanghai. The problem being that we have now sold so many cars (wahay) that they are struggling to keep up with things. I can allegedly confirm that we are fast tracking more staff to address what should be a temporary issue.
Best Regards
Girry Smert

Upvote 0
I drove to work today and my battery and range indicator both are stuck at the same number 55% and 70 miles

I have tried turning off and locking a car, I have tried checking on the app and tried holding home button for 20 sec to reset infotainment screen. None of this worked.

Any ideas to try before I call a dealership?
Had this a few times. Had it drop 40% when it should only be 15-20%. Then it went back up to 73% and stayed there for 20 miles. Eventually it sorted itself out but it is a pain as you can't guarantee you've got the miles.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom