MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

Hi all.

How many of you here have actually ordered the new long range model?
If you have, how was your order process, and what delivery date estimate have you been given? (if any!)

Thanks.
Hi all,

I have ordered the new long range model in silver, delivery any time after January 2022. I part ex my ZS exclusive ev with only 4800miles on the clock. Thought I would have got more than £21,000, Gardex protection from new.

Hi all,

I ordered my upgraded long range model yesterday, delivery any time from January onwards. My existing MG Exclusive EV has been taken in exchange, the current mileage is only 4800, full service with Gardex protection. Surprised by PX offer of of £21,000, thought it may have been more. Look forward to the longer range model, it should be the silver colour model.
How old is your car, when was it first registered ?.
Some dealers tend to view the prices offered by WBAC because this what customers use as a base line for pricing there cars.
Have you done a valuation yourself ?.
The mileage on your car is extremely low, that valuation sounds a little low to me ?.
I ran my car through Carzoo last week and it came back with an offer of £20,250.
The car is 2 years old in Jan 2022 and has covered 16,000 miles.
It is the Exclusive model.

tried the new model but was as boring as the old one. The positive is that we sold our zs ev today for the same price we gave 1.5 years ago. tried marvel and it is a completely different world, if we buy mg again then it will be marvel r
We liked the look of the marvel r but for the expected price that would cost i would rather get a tesla. its not available here anyway so a moot point.

Got confirmation of my order from Chorley Group today. Went for the Trophy in white. We was torn between the silver and white but white won out on the family vote and the BMW I am trading is silver so nice to change it up. Interestingly our first ev (zoe) was white.

Was told end of Jan as a possible delivery but we don't want it til March anyway as seems silly to register a car in Feb when the 22 plate is so close.

Strange that, you find the Marvel R more acceptable and not as boring as a car, that is almost twice the price you paid, for your original ZS EV ?????.
Even stranger that you bothered to even take time to test drive the new model in the first place, if you was so dissatisfied with the first model ??.
It's very much the same car really, what where you expecting ?.
Too much is the answer clearly here I think.
Are well - there you go 🤷‍♂️ !.
double price? Claim with little hold. it must be allowed to test drive a car in the hope that it has been improved without to be shot in broad daylight? had it not been for the seller threatening me with a test drive, I would have rather gone home and crocheted.

double price? Claim with little hold.
This is a segment car that MG intends to rub shoulders in the big player territory.
The price will have to be competitive, yes of course.
But I believe it will be pitched around the £40,000 plus mark ( if it ever DID make the UK ).
The original ZS EV could be purchased for around half of that price over here.
If you consider the price of the new ZS EV face lift, then there is no way you are going to get a Marvel R for another few grand ?
Let's wait and see !.

This is a segment car that MG intends to rub shoulders in the big player territory.
The price will have to be competitive, yes of course.
But I believe it will be pitched around the £40,000 plus mark ( if it ever DID make the UK ).
The original ZS EV could be purchased for around half of that price over here.
If you consider the price of the new ZS EV face lift, then there is no way you are going to get a Marvel R for another few grand ?
Let's wait and see !.
I'm at a complete loss to understand your comparison with the original ZS price (with discount incentives to get some MG's on the roads here?) and the current price of a Marvel R which is a rather different proposition in any event.

Whatever you 'believe', there is plenty of information around re the car, just one;

Red Trophy Connect ordered and deposit paid a few weeks back, advised possible delivery mid to late Jan. Black 20 plate Exclusive ZSEV already sold and money banked ready for outright purchase of the LR.

"FROM A BASIC £34,000 TO ALMOST £41,000".
Yes - the ZE EV did come with incentives correct, but show me an owner who cares about that.
It's actual price that the individual paid, is all that really matters to their wallets.
You will not find the owner of a ZS EV who is now selling his car, complaining much about what he is being offered back, as a selling price ?.
@Lininjim and a few others appear to be happy enough ?.
So, there is the comparison.
The ZS EV where purchased for close to £20 grand in some cases, the Marvel R is going to cost north of £35 grand OTR unless you are going for the absolute poverty spec, in the basic paint finish.
So my man maths ( and my bank account ) tells me that is getting pretty close to twice the price in my book ?.
This is pretty common pricing structure with other manufactures as well, top of the range model in the lower price segment car, is fairly close to the basic poverty spec in the next size in the model range above.
Smaller car top spec vs larger car poverty spec.
That is the cross over point.
You pay's your money and takes your choice, at the end of the day.
Anyway, sorry but this this is drifting "Off Topic".
This thread is intended for members who have ordered / likely to order the ZS EV face lift and not a Marvel R thread ( which is not available here in the UK anyway ) so what is the point ?.

Red Trophy Connect ordered and deposit paid a few weeks back, advised possible delivery mid to late Jan. Black 20 plate Exclusive ZSEV already sold and money banked ready for outright purchase of the LR.
Well done, like your style !.
"Money in the bank Frank :ROFLMAO: ".

It seems very grown up for me :) . Picked up an 04 plate mini cooper for commuting till new MG arrives. Eek manual gears and ugh petrol (££££).
Per Ardua all!
Pip pip

It seems very grown up for me :) . Picked up an 04 plate mini cooper for commuting till new MG arrives. Eek manual gears and ugh petrol (££££).
Per Ardua all!
Pip pip
It will not take you long, before you start missing the low cost motoring of the EV !.
You will be extremely glad when your new EV arrives.
Feeding a car with fossil fuel, after owning a EV soon becomes tiring and expensive.

Dealers are said to get their demonstrators during the coming week.
No coincidence then (perhaps), that Titus unloaded 1600 cars from the "Far East" on Wednesday just gone.

I cannot see MG shipping just enough vehicles to cover two per dealer, so will we perhaps begin to see some customer vehicles filtering through next month, albeit very few in number?

Dealers are said to get their demonstrators during the coming week.
No coincidence then (perhaps), that Titus unloaded 1600 cars from the "Far East" on Wednesday just gone.

I cannot see MG shipping just enough vehicles to cover two per dealer, so will we perhaps begin to see some customer vehicles filtering through next month, albeit very few in number?
MG had said that of the first customer deliveries some should be in December.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom