MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

Alas - it was all models of the Zoe they had the airbag removed - confirmed by dealers and Renault themselves after Outright asking. 4 airbags in the car, front driver and passenger, and a passenger and driver thorax airbag, not extending upwards past chest height.

If you check the video you’ll notice a Riveria model (which was the limited edition top spec model along with GT Line) in the side pole test and that’s the model which the dummies head makes direct contact with the pole. So unfortunately it’s all models. Unfortunately I had a lot of dealings with Renault regarding this, and delved a bit deeper than most would.

The lowest model at the time (Play - which had been removed now) didn’t have any of the driver features such as AEBS hence it got an automatic 0 Star across the board. But according to the actual report the safety inside the car was one of the poorest in recent years and even if it had all the auto driving safety features as standard, it wouldn’t get much more than 1 or 2 stars safety rating. The car we were buying (Gt Edition) had the AEBS removed due to chop shortages - but that only lasted for about 5 weeks, after the fallout from the NCAP they found enough chips to reinstate this.

The reason Renault said they removed the head airbag was supposedly due to their own research showing there was no record of a single accident in France of a side pole impact. But none of the other vehicles have had this removed.

It became such an issue - especially Renault’s attitude towards the issue - that the owner of RZOC (Renault Zoe Owners Club) sold his Zoe and got a Kona (I believe).
I think it’s only the basic version of the Zoe that has had the side impact protection removed.
The new NCAP rating picked up on the removal / omission of the safety feature and then dropped the rating to zero !.
This video from “EV Nick” explains the situation perfectly.

Attachments

• 7F7288A5-DFE1-4E05-9536-CA4AA5410768.png
    7F7288A5-DFE1-4E05-9536-CA4AA5410768.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 204
The reason Renault said they removed the head airbag was supposedly due to their own research showing there was no record of a single accident in France of a side pole impact. But none of the other vehicles have had this removed.

It became such an issue - especially Renault’s attitude towards the issue - that the owner of RZOC (Renault Zoe Owners Club) sold his Zoe and got a Kona (I believe).

That is correct. Craig still runs the Club, but felt he couldn't risk his family in the ZE50, especially in view of Renault's dismissive attitude to the complaints they received.

And it’s missing the head height airbag, and seat belt pretensioners too - that’s why we cancelled our Zoe & have been looking for something else. We were awaiting an Ora Cat, but settled for (and ordered) a ZS Trophy LR). :)
Sorry to jump in on this thread. I've ordered a mg ev couple of weeks ago, I'd originally ordered a Renault Zoe electric GT Line R135 50kWh and got my initial insurance quote, after the whole safety rating, insurance shot up and it annoyed me that they were charging an extra charge for fast charge and heated seats.
However, I too was eager to get the ora cat, omg they're just beautiful but I cant be bothered waiting now and I love the mg for what I need it for, which are. Days out with my growing family, my dogs and pottering around. But I'm glad now that I didn't get the ora cat, I'd prefer everyone else to do the testing first before I buy one!!!!

Sorry to jump in on this thread. I've ordered a mg ev couple of weeks ago, I'd originally ordered a Renault Zoe electric GT Line R135 50kWh and got my initial insurance quote, after the whole safety rating, insurance shot up and it annoyed me that they were charging an extra charge for fast charge and heated seats.
However, I too was eager to get the ora cat, omg they're just beautiful but I cant be bothered waiting now and I love the mg for what I need it for, which are. Days out with my growing family, my dogs and pottering around. But I'm glad now that I didn't get the ora cat, I'd prefer everyone else to do the testing first before I buy one!!!!
This all sounds somewhat familiar! Haha!

I’ve heard rumours the Cat was hoping to be released this month (although the end is fast approaching), so see if it makes it!

We were going to get the cat as our ‘main car’ for school runs and commutes (40 mile round trip), and keep our petrol Kadjar as ‘the backup and long trip that needs a lot of space’ car. But now we’ve opted for the ZS, that will probably take over from the Kadjar, and then we will probably be looking to sell and then get a second EV when the Cat is finally released! Or perhaps the MG4 or Marvel R towards the end of the year when they are shipping. 😃😃

Hi I ordered my Trophy EV LR back in November when it included the £2.5k grant. Just like most of you still in the Queue!!
Does anyone know if I cancel my order and transfer it to someone else will they get the benefit of the Gov grant of £2.5k or will they get the reduced amount?

Hi I ordered my Trophy EV LR back in November when it included the £2.5k grant. Just like most of you still in the Queue!!
Does anyone know if I cancel my order and transfer it to someone else will they get the benefit of the Gov grant of £2.5k or will they get the reduced amount?
I think the post linked here will answer it best - it's in this thread:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom