MG ZS EV front parking sensors

Nope, and AFAIK there isn't an option from MG either.
I guess you could get some of those cheap aftermarket (reversing sensors) installed, but they would beep all the time...
On my Citroën C4 Spacetourer, the front parking sensors (origin equipment) they beep only when the car is under 10 km/h. This makes sense, because otherwise they would beep even when on the motorway, when another vehicle is in front of you.
So in short what I'm saying is that if they aren't speed dependent, it seems useless to me.
For that to happen, the would have to get the speed readings from the car itself somehow.

Nope, and AFAIK there isn't an option from MG either.
I guess you could get some of those cheap aftermarket (reversing sensors) installed, but they would beep all the time...
On my Citroën C4 Spacetourer, the front parking sensors (origin equipment) they beep only when the car is under 10 km/h. This makes sense, because otherwise they would beep even when on the motorway, when another vehicle is in front of you.
So in short what I'm saying is that if they aren't speed dependent, it seems useless to me.
For that to happen, the would have to get the speed readings from the car itself somehow.
This speed sensing is done by monitoring the CAN bus system - which is the communication backbone of the car. A simple google search will easily find parking sensors suppliers which can provide CAN operated sensors as an add-on. 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom