MG ZS EV hire cars ! Excellent!!!

It doesn’t say what the cost is? In the UK some dealers will let you try the cars for a few days. I tried one for 3 days before I purchased - foc.

Christ, when I booked a test drive of the MG, I was told 10-15 minutes!!! Really! I wanted to take it on a local route which is about 45 minutes, the dealer said no. I told them fine, I'll mark MG off my list then they relented and let me have the car for a whole 45 minutes. How lucky am I? :mad:

Yes - the first dealer that I approached said the same. Then I tried a second one who was very helpful and let me use the car for a few days. There seems a marked difference in dealers in all areas from sales through to service. Buying a car based on 15min test drive is ridiculous.

It doesn’t say what the cost is? In the UK some dealers will let you try the cars for a few days. I tried one for 3 days before I purchased - foc.
I was fortunate to have a very relaxed dealer who let me take the car for a couple of hours and drive where I liked. On returning I said I needed to see what the car would be like night time driving and asked to keep the car from Saturday afternoon to Monday morning. Only proviso was that I had a 7kW charger at home and left my car with the dealers for the weekend. I have yet to see what they will be like for servicing MG EV but know they have a good reputation over many years with Fords.

I didn't get a test drive because of the Covid restrictions! Totally understandable and I had to rely on Youtube and all the other reviewers on the internet but I was pretty sure the wife would like it, coming from a Nissan Qashqai which was similar in size and handling.

It's just converting her to electricity that's taking longer! 😂

Cheers

Bloggsy

I didn't test drive the car because all cars shipped by MG CR were sold before they were released from Customs, after watching the car's reviews on Youtube and this forum I was quite sure it was a great car.
I think that is going to become the new standard in car sales - ‘virtual‘ test drives and order via web, and delivered to your door. The car makers seem to be closing dealerships ( a lot of Honda gone in Oz), saving money on sales infrastructure and staff, minimal service staff especially with over the air updates etc. That said, online reviews and appearance can be manipulated 🤔

I agree. The issue with a big shift towards online sales and a reduction in staff is that it puts extra pressure on service departments to be able to deal with issues professionally and have good product knowledge - neither of which in my experience are currently in abundance.

No test drives? I wouldn't be able to purchase car based on some online stuff which, as has been said, can easily be manipulated. In the words of Danny Glover, perhaps "I'm too old for this sh*t" as I prefer something tangible.

No test drives? I wouldn't be able to purchase car based on some online stuff which, as has been said, can easily be manipulated. In the words of Danny Glover, perhaps "I'm too old for this sh*t" as I prefer something tangible.
I’m with you there - I guess that’s why the hire cars are a good idea!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom