MG ZS EV infotainment firmware update SA0020 released 15/6/21

Shame it doesn't speed up the air con screen pop up. Whoever designed it needs a slap.
I think it has improved this.
With Android Auto running it often would not flash up or would be there for so short a time you could not see it.
I now see the heating display every time I make a change.
Android auto starts quicker as well.

Are you saying that it still crashes, in fact worse than before?
No, when you operate the the HVAC controls, the HVAC display seems to appear quicker but it seems to revert back to the previous screen quicker too.
FWIW mine didn't crash before the update either.

Does anyone know the exact procedure for this update.

Picking my car up today, after a couple of warranty jobs, and they tell me that they have not done this update because they can't find the file to download.

I guess it is - download file from MG UK - transfer to USB stick (formatted FAT32) insert in USB port in centre console - switch on Infotainment system.

Guessing Infotainment system will recognise the file and do the update automagically on start up.

Any ideas, so I can instruct the dealer lol.

DrT

Does anyone know the exact procedure for this update.

Picking my car up today, after a couple of warranty jobs, and they tell me that they have not done this update because they can't find the file to download.

I guess it is - download file from MG UK - transfer to USB stick (formatted FAT32) insert in USB port in centre console - switch on Infotainment system.

Guessing Infotainment system will recognise the file and do the update automagically on start up.

Any ideas, so I can instruct the dealer lol.

DrT
I would find a new dealer.

Miles Roberts of the Chorley Group, said he has successfully downloaded the update file onto a USB stick, but said he would NOT carry out the update himself, but would hand his wife's ZS EV to the workshop to carry out the work.
Enough said !.
I think the main aim the MG 020 software update was intended to cure the info unit from freezing / crashing to the black screen that some ( more than others ) have witnessed.
It’s definitely a dealer update as Miles suggested on the pod cast video regardless of the fact it’s a usb update.

I have just seen on YouTube , I believe from an Indian site, a way of displaying overview version numbers.
I tried looking for it on this forum and couldn't find it, so here goes:
1. Press start without pressing brake pedal. Yellow light on start button.
2. Press setup on Info screen
3. Select System on info screen
4. Press in succession, top left corner, top right corner, bottom right corner, bottom left corner, all of the time keeping to the right of the column of options. First photo (I do not know what happens if you press any other selection, and strongly suggest you don't try either)
5. Touch version info. Second photo
6. To exit press the red return button, which warns you that it will reboot. Accept and it reboots.
I cannot relate the information displayed to any module versions - can anyone advise please

Attachments

• IMG_20210801_122530.jpg
    IMG_20210801_122530.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_20210801_122426.jpg
    IMG_20210801_122426.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 748
I have just seen on YouTube , I believe from an Indian site, a way of displaying overview version numbers.
It would be great to find an engineering mode for the rest of the car. I might do a little digging.

The above is for the infotainment system only, but that contains several firmware versions that we don't see with other, CAN-bus-based techniques.

Thanks for the info.

Hi,

I have a problem with my android auto, it stops working. in the last 2 years all was working ok. I have tried replacing the USB cable,try other phones, restart the phone and multimedia nothing solve the problem.

i have test, cable and my phone on other mg car and all work ok so the problem is on my car only.

I think getting the firmware update can fix the problem. Does anyone have it?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem with my android auto, it stops working. in the last 2 years all was working ok. I have tried replacing the USB cable,try other phones, restart the phone and multimedia nothing solve the problem.

i have test, cable and my phone on other mg car and all work ok so the problem is on my car only.

I think getting the firmware update can fix the problem. Does anyone have it?

Thanks
There is no harm in booking your car in with the MG dealer (ideally at your next service) to have the car plugged in to Chinese server so they can check what updates your car requires.

I was so thrilled to see this Thread, the current firmware in the 2022 ZS EV is "19" so naturally i assumed that this was for the facelift, being that the version was "20"

You guys elevated my spirit and made me sad in the short span of a few seconds :) :)

I was so thrilled to see this Thread, the current firmware in the 2022 ZS EV is "19" so naturally i assumed that this was for the facelift, being that the version was "20"

You guys elevated my spirit and made me sad in the short span of a few seconds :) :)
I now have the facelift but I am wondering why you assumed this thread for was for the facelift when my video is clearly the MKI plus I'm not sure why you think the MKII facelift needs a software update? If the infotainment system is given an update there is a OTA update feature just for this so hopefully you can do this yourself when it's available. Current version on the MKII is R19.

I now have the facelift but I am wondering why you assumed this thread for was for the facelift when my video is clearly the MKI plus I'm not sure why you think the MKII facelift needs a software update? If the infotainment system is given an update there is a OTA update feature just for this so hopefully you can do this yourself when it's available. Current version on the MKII is R19.
I assumed it because i only read the title, and it had firmware 20 and right now the facelift has firmware 19.

Classic "Only read the headline" :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom