MG ZS EV Interior Work Light

jhunterwu

Established Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on getting more work light inside?

What light sources are good to light it up and where to put them?

I imagine some 400 lumens 5500 K hanging from the three grab handles would help. Also some in the footwells.

Hanging something from the rear view mirror and the sun visors is also possible.

I need flood lighting inside the cabin as I work in the car.

Ideas and products?;)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is crude, but cheap and easy, though may give too much light? Screwfix sell rechargeable LED worklights. I clipped mine (Erbauer 10W) onto the passenger headrest (not ideal, but you could find a better way to mount it whilst in use) and took this photo for you early evening. I wonder if the Luceco may be more suitable though, as not quite so bright. It's also magnetic and may attach to roof (not sure if you have sun roof?). There is probably a host of LED lights available for the camping market if these are not what you're after.
IMG_20210207_200403.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210207_201001.jpg
    IMG_20210207_201001.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20210207_201037.jpg
    IMG_20210207_201037.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 167
This is crude, but cheap and easy, though may give too much light? Screwfix sell rechargeable LED worklights. I clipped mine (Erbauer 10W) onto the passenger headrest (not ideal, but you could find a better way to mount it whilst in use) and took this photo for you early evening. I wonder if the Luceco may be more suitable though, as not quite so bright. It's also magnetic and may attach to roof (not sure if you have sun roof?). There is probably a host of LED lights available for the camping market if these are not what you're after. View attachment 1379
Yes, looks good and I need even more light;), but the problem here is that I need to be able to control them, probably with bluetooth, if I place more of them around the cabin.

I'm thinking of getting a bar, running across the car and maybe extending it forward, then attaching lights to it.

I'd power it from the dome lights

Autokleiderbügel-Multifunktionshaken-Jackenhalter-e1574407141402.jpg

Well, I was just being polite;)

You could always swap the LED strip in the video for more powerful LED's - I had a couple of DRL's and are similar to the LED strips used (just a lot shorter) fitted to my last vehicle.

The photo's were taken during daytime so don't show off the light they give properly (especially if they're fitted inside the car!) and they can go up to 6000 lumens if you want.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Attachments

• DRL 1.jpg
    DRL 1.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 135
  • DRL 2.jpg
    DRL 2.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 131
This needs to be two levels of pipes, connected with a perpendicular pipe clamp.

Not really sure how to attach to the grab handles
4.-Crossover-Pipeline-Clamp-768x640.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom