MG ZS EV - Love the car...BUT two niggling issues

nickyprice

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
love the car two niggling issues lane assist is a pain the assist leaves me feeling like I'm driving on a pinball machine. bouncing from one side of the lane to the other. Niggle two I can't bind on any of my phones apple or android. I've had the MG ZS EV Essence from new for two months.
Does anyone else have any of these problems???

After trying LKA I turned it off - far too harsh!

Your problems with binding could be that someone else has bound their phone to your car, maybe a salesman? The car will only bind to one phone at a time.

love the car two niggling issues lane assist is a pain the assist leaves me feeling like I'm driving on a pinball machine. bouncing from one side of the lane to the other. Niggle two I can't bind on any of my phones apple or android. I've had the MG ZS EV Essence from new for two months.
Does anyone else have any of these problems???
Yes, it's awful to the point of being dangerous

I set up like this had no problems
Screenshot_20221205-181801.png

The question is, with a brand new car, should people have to be switching their assist systems off?

On a side note, the HSPHEV lane keep assist is a dream. Absolute chalk and cheese, but from the same company. Which makes you wonder why they can get it right for one but not for the other.

Price by any chance? :)
Looking at the MG website, looks like it’s a dollar for dollar match to the ZS EV

Sticker on the window says it gets a beautiful usage of 1.7l per 100km. In reality, over the 400km I’ve driven, highway and urban, it’s sitting at 9.

The odo says after 2,200 it’s doing 8. does it could as green washing?

For the ZS EV it is certainly the answer. hopefuly they shall adjust LKA in alignment with pilot...... and not the other way around :rolleyes:
I used MG pilot with my sister in law driving behind me. She rang my wife and asked if I was ok. I seemed to be doing ‘a poor job of driving straight’ and was ‘riding the brakes’

Looking at the MG website, looks like it’s a dollar for dollar match to the ZS EV
Ah, but hybrids have a smaller battery and so are cheaper to start with, which means they can put more expensive, higher quality components inside.

Ah, but hybrids have a smaller battery and so are cheaper to start with, which means they can put more expensive, higher quality components inside.
Hmmm…. We are talking software though. And, talking software, the infotainment on the hybrid is shockingly bad. The software running the LKA though, impressive for an MG.

It’s easy to see where they have ‘cheaped’ out, and it doesn’t make sense as a vehicle. If I want to have the luxury of utilising the ev only mode, it must be plugged in before hand and uses 19kw per 100km

My wife’s Mitsi Outlander, which was close to 20k (Australian) cheaper and is not hybrid, averages 6.7litres per 100km.

When we first collected our Gen1 back in Jan 2020 I remember turning off LKA before we set off home,
It remained that way for over two years and almost 20,000 miles, never tried it, never wanted it !.
When we collected our Gen2 in March 2022 and the LKA has been enabled.
When we started travelling home, somehow I just knew something felt really strange and odd with the steering of the car.
This was my first experience of LKA and I found it to be very uncomfortable and disconcerting in its manner.
We stopped to grab a bite to eat on the way back, so I used this opportunity to check if was indeed turned ON !.
Of course it was, so I turned it OFF.
Now I felt back in full control of the car once again !.
It will not be getting turned back ON in the time I have this car, I can tell you that !.
I simply could not get use to that at all, it did not inspire me with any type of confidence that it could be trusted.

Last edited:
@Lovemyev
I agree - I turned off the LKA as it was really disconcerting to be pulled from side to side!
I haven’t bothered (yet) with MG Pilot. I don’t need to use motorways very often, but I would like to try it out at some stage.
MG Pilot does not do this pulling from side to side.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom