MG ZS EV - Love the car...BUT two niggling issues

love the car two niggling issues lane assist is a pain the assist leaves me feeling like I'm driving on a pinball machine. bouncing from one side of the lane to the other. Niggle two I can't bind on any of my phones apple or android. I've had the MG ZS EV Essence from new for two months.
Does anyone else have any of these problems???
I keep the lane assist off. Only real solution. No problem with phones. Google phone all linked 100%

@Lovemyev
I agree - I turned off the LKA as it was really disconcerting to be pulled from side to side!
I haven’t bothered (yet) with MG Pilot. I don’t need to use motorways very often, but I would like to try it out at some stage.
It seems I totally misunderstood what MG Pilot was! As I hadn’t used the lower right hand stalk at all, I presumed I hadn’t activated it. Looking through the manual, I realised that most of the aspects of it were actually in use already.
I need to go back to school…….🤣

It seems I totally misunderstood what MG Pilot was! As I hadn’t used the lower right hand stalk at all, I presumed I hadn’t activated it. Looking through the manual, I realised that most of the aspects of it were actually in use already.
I never use it !.

Yes, and I think some are getting confused with LKA which is more a safety thing that pulls you into line (which you can turn off permanently), and LFA which is a full steer assist mode that is enabled by the double pull on the stalk.

love the car two niggling issues lane assist is a pain the assist leaves me feeling like I'm driving on a pinball machine. bouncing from one side of the lane to the other. Niggle two I can't bind on any of my phones apple or android. I've had the MG ZS EV Essence from new for two months.
I also had the lane problem, eventually I switched off the lane assist.
I also am having problems binding phones, I want to download Waze because the satnav is useless. I had my first service last week and they told me that I need an update and they want 100 quid! I’d rather use my old Garmin than pay that.

I also am having problems binding phones, I want to download Waze because the satnav is useless. I had my first service last week and they told me that I need an update and they want 100 quid! I’d rather use my old Garmin than pay that.
Charging for updates? That sounds like a scam to me. I would try another dealer.

I never use it !.
I particularly like the blind spot detector that lights up on the edge of the door mirrors, and the speed limit recognition on the dash screen. Both very handy. The only thing I turned off, was the LKA, which I didn’t find at all helpful.

MG provide map updates for 5 years, but it’s on a ‘do it yourself’ basis.
There are links on here and instructions.

You do not need to have a binded phone to use Waze. Simply download the app from playstore on any suitable phone and plug it in to the head unit via the central usb socket. In my case I have a dedicated phone which I leave in the car all the time but not bound as this would be a security risk with no key needed to drive the car using a bound phone.

PS Just remembered that nowadays Waze is incorporated in Android Auto so that is the app your need.
Also if you search the forum you will find a number of references to an Android Auto dongle which might another solution.

You do not need to have a binded phone to use Waze. Simply download the app from playstore on any suitable phone and plug it in to the head unit via the central usb socket. In my case I have a dedicated phone which I leave in the car all the time but not bound as this would be a security risk with no key needed to drive the car using a bound phone.

PS Just remembered that nowadays Waze is incorporated in Android Auto so that is the app your need.
Also if you search the forum you will find a number of references to an Android Auto dongle which might another solution.
Thanks for the information. Very useful. However I would still like to bind the phone in order to use the hands free function.

Thanks for the information. Very useful. However I would still like to bind the phone in order to use the hands free function.
Binding the phone won't help with this it's only for the app
they told me that I need an update and they want 100 quid! I’d rather use my old Garmin than pay that.
Map updates are free for at least five years

Re binding just in case you have not yet resolved the issue have a look at MG ismart app - unable to register

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom