MG ZS EV Pick up is tomorrow - any traps or tips?

I never got either am I missing them ?
No - Don’t worry only the Gen 1 model comes with paper hard copy of the owners manual.
No such thing with the Gen 2 face lift model.
There is a digital copy of the owners manual stored in the info unit of the car.
Or you can download a copy from a thread on the forum or you can obtain a paper copy from a member on here also.
Quick search 🔍 should bring it up !.

Last edited:
Two year service intervals, I thought on MG's it was 12 months or 15k when did it change?

No - Don’t worry only the Gen 1 model comes with paper hard copy of the owners manual.
The is a digital copy of the owners manual stored in the info unit of the car.
Or you can download a copy from a thread on the forum or you can obtain a paper copy from a member on here also.
Gen 2 in Australia comes with the hard copy.
Two year service intervals, I thought on MG's it was 12 months or 15k when did it change?
no idea where you are. In Australia, service intervals are 2 years/20,000km.

On a side note, a Tesla driver and I had a great laugh this afternoon. Stopped to top up. Unlocked the charger plugged it in. Followed the directions on the car screen which said ‘car must be on to use this feature’ or something along those lines. Right o.

Nothing.

Push the button which says ‘Start Charging’

Charger says ‘Charging Complete”

Hmmm. Why am I still on 59%

Instructions tell me something completely different to the onboard car system. Neither Mr Tesla nor myself could get it to work. Fail.

Gen 2 in Australia comes with the hard copy.

no idea where you are. In Australia, service intervals are 2 years/20,000km.

On a side note, a Tesla driver and I had a great laugh this afternoon. Stopped to top up. Unlocked the charger plugged it in. Followed the directions on the car screen which said ‘car must be on to use this feature’ or something along those lines. Right o.

Nothing.

Push the button which says ‘Start Charging’

Charger says ‘Charging Complete”

Hmmm. Why am I still on 59%

Instructions tell me something completely different to the onboard car system. Neither Mr Tesla nor myself could get it to work. Fail.
Tesla rapid CCS unit or the smaller destination unit here ?.
Not sure about down under, but in the U.K. with the exception of a small number still under trial here, only 13 selected Tesla rapid chargers, have the ability to charge the NON Tesla branded EV’s !.
No other EV’s can use the huge number of the other Tesla branded units.
Some MG owners here, have said they are having problem pulling a charge from some of the 13 selected units as well, but not so other makes of EV strangely ?.
With the smaller A/C units it is similar here, unless the unit has been set up internally to charge ALL makes of EV - Then non Tesla drivers can not use these either !.
Tesla it pretty much stitched up in the U.K. -
No Tesla - no charge, pretty much 🤣.

Tesla rapid CCS unit or the smaller destination unit here ?.
Not sure about down under, but in the U.K. with the exception of a small number still under trial here, only 13 selected Tesla rapid chargers, have the ability to charge the NON Tesla branded EV’s !.
No other EV’s can use the huge number of the other Tesla branded units.
Some MG owners here, have said they are having problem pulling a charge from some of the 13 selected units as well, but not so other makes of EV strangely ?.
With the smaller A/C units it is similar here, unless the unit has been set up internally to charge ALL makes of EV - Then non Tesla drivers can not use these either !.
Tesla it pretty much stitched up in the U.K. -
No Tesla - no charge, pretty much 🤣.
Reading the manual sorted the issue. Switch the car off and close all the doors as the cable is attached to the car. The button labelled “start charging” is superfluous and is placed there to make it appear as if control is yours.

This message does not mean ‘start the car’ as if you do, charging will cease. In fact, I’m still trying to work out what it means. Apart from the spelling error.

Attachments

• 7BB08E9F-23D4-462B-AD2C-31725F9E884E.jpeg
    7BB08E9F-23D4-462B-AD2C-31725F9E884E.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 70
you can start car with foot on brake when DC charging in fact it recommended if remaining in the car so you can use heating \ AC and wait in comfort and you can access all your screens

If I was actually given a car that would DC charge, and the range wasn’t a total disaster, I guarantee my positivity would be overwhelming for you all.

The is a digital copy of the owners manual stored in the info unit of the car.
Thank you

As the title says, pick up is tomorrow, are there any traps or tricks I should be aware of, as I / before I take possession?

Remove the aero caps on the wheels and check for scratches?
Turn Lane Keeping Assist off before you drive away and switch Cruise Control to ACC to stop Land Keeping Assist from switching on. Lane Keeping Assist is enabled every time you switch the car on so you'll have an opportunity to experience it once you're home and taking it for its first "test" drive

The full user manual is now available as a PDF, I have attached it - ooops no I haven't it's too large. It was sent to me by the dealership last Friday so your dealership should be able to get a copy e-mailed to you.

Turn Lane Keeping Assist off before you drive away and switch Cruise Control to ACC to stop Land Keeping Assist from switching on. Lane Keeping Assist is enabled every time you switch the car on so you'll have an opportunity to experience it once you're home and taking it for its first "test" drive

The full user manual is now available as a PDF, I have attached it - ooops no I haven't it's too large. It was sent to me by the dealership last Friday so your dealership should be able to get a copy e-mailed to you.
(I think "tomorrow" was last Wednesday...)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom