MG ZS EV - Rear Brake Disk MY2020

emister87

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,

My car just came from the service check, and they said I would soon need to consider to change the rear break disc and pads.

The dealership is not willing to give the OE number they are suggesting for my car, but when I check Alec, Borg&Beck and etc they don't have any rear disc breaks for the EV version, only the Petrol version, do you know if there is any difference on these two OE numbers, one seems to be the Petrol version and the other the EV?

Petrol 10266049
EV 10436735

Ebay seems to indicate I can use the petrol version, for example this link;

Thanks in advance!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t know if this helps, but Autodoc generally stock parts for any vehicle and have always been a go to for hard to find parts with my previous vehicles. They only list front discs, but they do list both front and rear pads. The front discs don’t cross reference to any other vehicle, and no listing for rear discs makes me think there isn’t a substitute part for them either so it’s a main dealer only. I doubt the petrol ones will be compatible as EVs are generally heavier and take a bit more stopping. Seems odd that your rear discs have worn out before the front ones.

It seems strange that you need the rear pads/discs replaced as it is usually the fronts that go first, or have they already been replaced?

It seems strange that you need the rear pads/discs replaced as it is usually the fronts that go first, or have they already been replaced?
Premature disc replacement is fairly common on a lot of EV’s as the rear brakes do not get enough of a work out ( due to the effects of Regen braking ) and rust and pitting of the disc takes place.
Dealers and MOT stations etc have jumped straight onto this fact.
Pad wear is almost zero but the steel disc can get effected badly.
I drop the Regen down to the lowest setting one day per week, in some attempt to keep the disc surfaces as clean as possible.
Dealer prices to replace all four discs and pads on a ZE EV …………….. you will be lucky to see any change out of a grand ! 💩.

Yeah I think I will just buy the break disc from the dealership, they are not that madly expensive, or 56 GBP each.

However I will buy the break pads in a normal store, Brembo P 85 020 should fit,,, the dealership wants 113 GPB for the break pads which I think is mad!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom