MG ZS EV resale value.

SSC

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all. I am in the process of buying the new ZS EV LR. First venture into the EV market. Im just a bit curious re the resale value & any longterm reviews/opinions of this vehicle. Any advice will be helpful.

The used market has been quite buoyant in the UK but I'm not sure about Ireland.

Resale at the moment is very good some people not losing much at all but please just remember it is artificially high so you can't rely on resale prices alone what if a manufacturer makes a car like the mg but has double the range at same price then the resale would plummet not saying it would happen but you always need a contingency ie if pcp the balloon payment is more that you can get for car then just hand it back

I tried to guesstimate this when deciding whether to go for a lease or PCP.
GFV on PCP was c £14k but usually you’re left with some equity.
The lease worked out to £11k over 3y so based on £30k OTR when new I assumed around £19k for a 3y model.
As others have said, the used market is probably overstated at present.

Some used Kia eNeros are more expensive than ordering the new Nero EV

The GFV on mine is £12500 after 4 years. (12000 miles a year).

I suspect its actual value may be a little more than that when it comes to it. Our Outlander is worth about 11k at the moment and that's 8 years old.

The used values have just risen since the government grant for new cars has now gone.
I guess that had to happen !.
Also now it appears that MG intend to increase the price of the ZS EV buy £500 for NEW orders and remove the full electric pan roof ( bad move ) in the process, then this if likely to inflate the price of any recent / awaiting delivery facelift models.
If a sun roof is high on your list of favourite things, then a brand new order for next year is going to be no good !.
I know it’s a personal thing reslly, sun roof’s.
But they do increase the feeling of space inside of the car.
I was watching a video by EVM only last week ( I like his stuff ) and he said in his option, he can not see this crazy pricing getting back to any normality for another 18 months !.

Thank u all for al your replies! This forum is amazing!

I have not considered PCP as a finance option . Tbh the dealership never even suggested it. I plan to go the hire purchase route. I have a trade in so maybe that's the reason the dealership did not suggest PCP??

As I'm sure everyone knows, the new MG ZS EV is possibly the most scarce commodity in the world now! Might be easier to find a pure gold bar on the street than get your hands on the new MG! I'm assuming this is due to huge demand for the vehicle & not a manufacturing issue in SIAC! Initially i was told i would wait til march next year(20223) but now it seems one vehicle(blue) might be available. The blue on the MG is not my favorite option but guess i will just have to accept it or else i will be waiting til march /april. Any thoughts on the blue color? Does anyone on this forum own a blue facelift MG ZS EV? If so, do u like it? I am thinking of tinting the rear windows for for some privacy . Pity MG do not do a privacy glass option. Any thoughts anyone on the blue color/tint for rear windows?

Good to hear that the MG might hold its resale value. Yes, second hand car prices now are definitely super inflated & whatever goes up must come down i suppose! But i am just hoping that EVs will generally hold some value in the future especially considering this ridiculous fuel price hike/gauging that's going on at the moment!!!

That is crazy that MG might remove the electronic sunroof! That is mad & i suspect will be a very bad move on MGs part!. Their winning formula is that they are offering an EV with so much features at such a competitive price! So ,removing some of those features will be a shot in the foot for them! I agree the sunroof is a great feature & definitely adds more space to a somewhat smallish SUV/hatch.

Thank u all again for all the replies. Much appreciated & happy MG driving to all you lucky MG ZS owners! :)

The blue on the MG is not my favorite option but guess i will just have to accept it or else i will be waiting til march /april. Any thoughts on the blue color? Does anyone on this forum own a blue facelift MG ZS EV? If so, do u like it? I am thinking of tinting the rear windows for for some privacy . Pity MG do not do a privacy glass option. Any thoughts anyone on the blue color/tint for rear windows?
The subject of colour choice will always be subjective.
One man’s poison and all that !.
I like a few others, have experienced both the Gen1 ZS EV and the new facelift version.
I enjoyed my 2 years and 20,000 miles with a Red Exclusive and now we have the Blue Trophy LR.
Personally, I think the facelift model is a much improved car over the original model.
I don’t think many people would argue this point.
But the price of the car has increased a LOT over the original pricing structure.
Window tint - The Gen1 model has NO tint to the glass at all and gets very hot in the summer.
An absolutely must to get it tinted.
The Gen2 model DOES have a mild tint to the side glass and rear screen from the factory.
But I did still did find it a little too light.
I tinted both models, but to a lesser degree on the Gen2 model.
Regarding the subject of PCP / HP / Cash sales, EVM did a great video on this subject only a few weeks ago !.
I will try and include the link.
You will find his “White Board Of Truth” very interesting on this subject !.
He make some brilliant EV videos, give him a sub.

I have not considered PCP as a finance option . Tbh the dealership never even suggested it. I plan to go the hire purchase route. I have a trade in so maybe that's the reason the dealership did not suggest PCP??

As I'm sure everyone knows, the new MG ZS EV is possibly the most scarce commodity in the world now! Might be easier to find a pure gold bar on the street than get your hands on the new MG! I'm assuming this is due to huge demand for the vehicle & not a manufacturing issue in SIAC! Initially i was told i would wait til march next year(20223) but now it seems one vehicle(blue) might be available. The blue on the MG is not my favorite option but guess i will just have to accept it or else i will be waiting til march /april. Any thoughts on the blue color? Does anyone on this forum own a blue facelift MG ZS EV? If so, do u like it? I am thinking of tinting the rear windows for for some privacy . Pity MG do not do a privacy glass option. Any thoughts anyone on the blue color/tint for rear windows?

Good to hear that the MG might hold its resale value. Yes, second hand car prices now are definitely super inflated & whatever goes up must come down i suppose! But i am just hoping that EVs will generally hold some value in the future especially considering this ridiculous fuel price hike/gauging that's going on at the moment!!!

That is crazy that MG might remove the electronic sunroof! That is mad & i suspect will be a very bad move on MGs part!. Their winning formula is that they are offering an EV with so much features at such a competitive price! So ,removing some of those features will be a shot in the foot for them! I agree the sunroof is a great feature & definitely adds more space to a somewhat smallish SUV/hatch.

Thank u all again for all the replies. Much appreciated & happy MG driving to all you lucky MG ZS owners! :)
View attachment 8983

I think it looks good in blue !
EB8BEEEC-D158-4027-B841-E4DDC095E8C2.jpeg

The subject of colour choice will always be subjective.
One man’s poison and all that !.
I like a few others, have experienced both the Gen1 ZS EV and the new facelift version.
I enjoyed my 2 years and 20,000 miles with a Red Exclusive and now we have the Blue Trophy LR.
Personally, I think the facelift model is a much improved car over the original model.
I don’t think many people would argue this point.
But the price of the car has increased a LOT over the original pricing structure.
Window tint - The Gen1 model has NO tint to the glass at all and gets very hot in the summer.
An absolutely must to get it tinted.
The Gen2 model DOES have a mild tint to the side glass and rear screen from the factory.
But I did still did find it a little too light.
I tinted both models, but to a lesser degree on the Gen2 model.
Regarding the subject of PCP / HP / Cash sales, EVM did a great video on this subject only a few weeks ago !.
I will try and include the link.
You will find his “White Board Of Truth” very interesting on this subject !.
He make some brilliant EV videos, give him a sub.

Thank u for your suggestions. I have seen some of his videos but haven't looked into this particular one. Will check it for sure. I would agree on the tint for sure & we will most likely be tinting the rear windows. I have put in an order for the blue exclusive LR. Does the battery loose range/ power as time goes on? I suppose it does as most Lion batteries do. Thank u again !

Thank u for your suggestions. I have seen some of his videos but haven't looked into this particular one. Will check it for sure. I would agree on the tint for sure & we will most likely be tinting the rear windows. I have put in an order for the blue exclusive LR. Does the battery loose range/ power as time goes on? I suppose it does as most Lion batteries do. Thank u again !
You are very welcome !.
I strongly suggest you watch EVM's video, it may just surprise you.
On the blue face Trophy LR that we have it tinted from the "B" pillar back.
Question :- "Will the HV battery loose range / power as time goes on ?".
This depends on a lot of different factors, like the age / type of charger used / mileage of course etc etc.
There will be some battery degradation in the future - Yes.
Drop in power ?????? ........... Less so ( until the battery is extremely tired, along with the car ).

i think the blue is great. it was between the blue and the white one for me and i couldnt find many white ones. I've just had mine tinted today - i wanted a darker shade of tint - the rear view mirror not being auto dimming is a peeve of mine so i wanted a darker tone.

Attachments

• 20220616_144037.jpg
    20220616_144037.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 93
Thank u all! That blue color is already starting to grow on me! :) The tint gives it a kind of panache! It is different after all. Way too many boring silver, grey , black cars around. So a bit of change is good. Spices up our roads! Thank u to everyone for all the amazing feedback!

That looks lovely indeed! Very smart looking. Are the back windows tinted here? Is this the facelift LR exclusive/trophy?
Yes the rear is done it’s a facelift sr ,the guy that did the job said the best shade was 25% he showed me a sheet of 5% for the rear but It looked like I’d borded up the window :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom