MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

We ordered ours - trophy connect long range - on 7th Dec 2021. Initially had an expected delivery date late March. This moved to late April. It has just been pushed back to late August
I've not heard a peep from my dealer as to delivery date - again I will have to chase them for any information. It's so easy to do a mailshot to send a regular update, but it seems many can't be bothered. Poor service would be the thing that'd make me cancel, not the wait.

I'm waiting for a LR Connect version too - hoping that there will be something on the April/May ships. I believe I read here that there's some MG's meant to be coming then - will have to find the post.

September. I would say its a reliable eta as the chip issue they suffered from was relating to the fancy pixel lights. polestar resolved the issue by putting standard LED lights and reducing the pack price by £850. would have preferred the pixel lights but meh.

No. I had looked at them when they first came out but i first look at affordability and it was out of the question so didn't look at it in depth. They didn't even offer pcp at the time either. I am a tesla fanboy and shareholder so wanted a m3. £3000 to insure my mrs on an SR wiped it out as an option.

It's getting fed up with the wait that drew me back to looking at options and eventually PS and couldn't believe they now offered a shorter range version that I could option with the kit I wanted. It's also not much dearer to insure the mrs on it than I'm paying on my leaf. We test drove it twice (comfort is important and it rides a bit hard). The numbers worked in my favour cos of the high trade-in value for the leaf so went for it. Will be paying less than what I'm paying atm on the leaf.

Might still buy the MG to replace the minibus we have. Numbers will be more of a stretch for that though. I still think the MG is a great car, I just couldn't afford to pass up the option of a bit more luxury to fuel the mid-life crisis.
LOL at the mid-life crisis bit, but if not now then when? May as well have fun whilst it's there to be had. Well I really hope you have a better experience with Polestar! It's a nice car and at the end of the day I'm sure you'll love it.

I know wait times are an industry wide problem, but MG and by default their dealer network seem to have failed when it comes to communicating with customers.

Been to dealership today got some answers there are 3 vessels coming in this month with mg on but not a full ship full will be other makes on it.
Showed me that my car is due 8th May so its been built and on a ship. Why everyone as waited so long is mg dealers were told to order stock vechicle as well as customer built cars.
The problem with that is there are 45000 mg in the system and obviously not all are customer built cars.
So mg are building cars thinking they are all for customers. My dealer said even thought mg told them to order stock at the time they.
There are no problems with transporter to portbury dock mg are using a new company who only have 20 transporters so this company is hiring other companies to help them.
Hope this is any help to anyone waiting . Hopefully fingers crossed not long to wait.
Thank you for this update. Let's see what these vessels bring

Thanks for this Kazzy60. I will still keep pestering the dealer as I feel cheated some how. When I thought the car would be with me within weeks when they said it was "in stock".
Yeah I would that's what I did but maybe your dealer know there are some petrol models coming over but still no fair to say some in stock I know dealers ordered a selection of fake orders so must be 1 of those as cannot order petrol models at present due to mg already reaching the emissions for this year. Good luck hope it comes soon 😊

When I search for cars on the MG stock locator it says in stock but when I go on the dealers website it comes up no stock !
So are MG full of it ?

Yes they are but it's more of a dealership lie than MG in general. Also be careful you're not looking at SR instead of LR. A boat load of SRs appeared from nowhere in March, and suddenly the dealerships had lots of them for sale that they'd bought themselves.
I looked into cancelling my LR order and buying a SR that was available for immediate purchase but the monthly PCP payment was another £60 a month due to the resale value after 4 years being far less.
So we're sticking to our original LR Trophy order.

Right, what we need is someone to jump into there car and have a drive down/over/up to Bristol docks and have a look at the cars coming off the ship that docked the other day, see if you can spot any Silver LR EV as I’ve ordered one of them..I think that would put peoples mind at rest, stop reading this and off you go.🤔🤣

Just popped into the dealership as I had to pass them..asked about the ship in Dock at Bristol..knew nothing about it..what about the other two ship coming this month..nope...do you know if my car is even built yet..nope...so much for them saying it'll be here for May, only thing they did say was they had ordered 40 cars...sounds a lot? ..not when one of the salesmen told me he's sold 5 yesterday..

Just popped into the dealership as I had to pass them..asked about the ship in Dock at Bristol..knew nothing about it..what about the other two ship coming this month..nope...do you know if my car is even built yet..nope...so much for them saying it'll be here for May, only thing they did say was they had ordered 40 cars...sounds a lot? ..not when one of the salesmen told me he's sold 5 yesterday..
It’s great isn’t it 🙃
They must feel great stacking up all these sales with no idea when the cars will be built or delivered. I wonder how many of the sales people are actually honest about their lack of communication with MG in China and the massive delays and misinformation coming from them..

Thanks Neilp7865. Don't worry I will be challenging the dealer. I feel cheated. Like I mentioned in my previous post the dealer said the car was "in stock" and was the last one so assumed I would have the car within the next few weeks but most probably won't be the case.

Hi Riene - who is your dealer?

Arrived in Bristol! I wonder how many MG's are on it?

Screenshot from 2022-04-14 14-33-04.png

Ordered my MG ZS EV LR 6th November. Original delivery due 14th March. Called today and apparently now showing as at sea and should be here by the end of May. Order from MG in Redditch. 🤞
My mg due 8th May so they could be on the grand victory presently nearly in Singapore came from shanghai good luck fingers crossed 🤞

My mg due 8th May so they could be on the grand victory presently nearly in Singapore came from shanghai good luck fingers crossed

🤞

Looks like this is now at its final destination, hopefully it will be on its way back to China to pick yours and mine up. 🤞

Screenshot from 2022-04-14 15-40-32.png
🤷‍♂️

Hi Riene - who is your dealer?
Tunbridge Wells same as Mairita. Went there today and still no luck 😞. Was told that there were 246 customers in the same boat as me (no pun intended) who are still awaiting there cars and only 30 have arrived.

They have phoned up head office and still no luck.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom