MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hello everyone,

Stumbled across this forum which has been so insightful.

I ordered a SR ZS EV from Nathanials, Bridgend South Wales. Back in December 21.

Spoke to them today and they advised mines been built and is awaiting shipment for July.

Should I take this with a pinch of salt? As like most of us, my PCP ends in July and I've not got a lot of options if the MG isn't ready.
If you get stuck can recommend Elmo as a subscription to tide you over. They're generally much cheaper than ONTO.
My signature has a referral code to make it a bit cheaper for you for the first month.

Probably originally 15th but is running early or a bit late but probably one of them
Dates are quite fluid that web page updates every few hours
Late probably! That is a rather longer shipping time than I expected - most seem to have been within 30 days.

@apzs

@mairita

@DiscoSi

@Miglegic

As fellow Tunbridge Wells expectants, just thinking if there is anything that we can do to club together but probably not!
I'm not sure what we could do. Tried calling them twice but haven't managed to speak with anyone. They alway give an excuse about being busy with a customer at that time and offer to call back. Yet to receive that call back.

talk in Ireland of January orders now not arriving until November , If this is confirmed , I think Il either order the new Renault Megane EV or the Hyundai Ioniq , Renault considerably cheaper by the looks of things and due in showrooms end of the year if ordered now

Just to reiterate MG Batch build their cars and ZS EV's are on Shortage which means certain component parts are unavailable. September is still an estimated delivery date based on parts becoming available and a production run commencing in the next Month.
Anyone with info on ZS EV's coming off the Shortage list and start date for a production run, Please Please Please let us all Know.
MG don't build individual cars to order so even if 1 of the missing components turn up cars will not be built until sufficient are available for a full production run.
Any promise of delivery sooner would have to be cars from the original production run being redirected to the UK.
Best of luck to those hoping for an early delivery, my order was Dec 21 but I have resigned myself to the fact that it will arrive when it arrives. I just hope its before a new generation of battery that charges in 15min and gives 600 miles of range.

Popped into my dealership the other day (Hawkins, Hayle Cornwall) as I was passing. Thought I give the salesperson someone to chat to as they must be incredibly bored 😂😂.
I order in Nov, like the rest of us was told March then June and now September.
In fact I'll will be surprised if I ever actually see the car but I'm certainly not thinking before the end of the year.
I was told this war is causing major problems, it is causing a problem in building the new factories to produce chips (can't remember why) but also the main problem now is the gas they use to make/clean the chips comes mainly from Ukraine and Russia.
He showed me on his computer the huge list of people waiting for cars.
He has sold one long range new and his demonstrator I think.
I did see they had a SR for sale at another dealership part of the same group in Cornwall though but unfortunately no use to me.
This means an expensive MOT for my 188K C3 next month!!

I agree, ordered my Zs in October and have been told September the same bland message everyone seems to be getting, there must be something going on either that or they have booked Noah's Ark to deliver all these September Deliveries
Mine was supposed to be August, now says mid September. Be lucky to get it this side of Xmas.

I just wonder if they have just told everyone September, then if they arrive earlier people will be happy.
Seems everyone is being given September, I spoke to my dealer on Friday. They were trying to be confident that it will be September, he even implied that it may be the end of August but they would hold on to it until beginning of September as favour, saying I could get the new reg! That one made me laugh out loud 😂 he then went on to tell me how lucky I am because the price has gone up twice and about to go up again but I am protected from that. (However I think they may try to recover that through the part Ex, see below)

My concern is the part Ex value. I ordered on 8th Jan and we agreed a very generous part Ex on my current car based on handover by 31 May. I really think they will try and drop the offer substantially. Does anyone know where we stand legally? My car is ready to be handed over, it’s the dealer that can’t meet the agreement made (I.e give me the car I ordered on the date agreed)

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom