MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

There are dealers out there with new stock. This is the crazy thing. They just can't shift orders to waiting customers as they'd be billed £1500 by MG UK.

MG UK seem perfectly happy to let waiting customers down whilst cars sit around.

It's plain stupidity.
Think most dealers would quite happily sell their stock if they have any, to customers waiting, but, and a big but the customer would have to cancel their order and lose the £2,500 grant if ordered before December the 15th and just get the £1,500 grant applicable now depending on vehicle price. Also I think some customers, if they have a good dealer would be offered a vehicle in a different colour as long as same spec without affecting the grant, if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

We’ve got a blue LR Trophy on order with Cars2 since December, can’t get any updates from them. Go ahead and really make my day and tell me yours is a blue one.
Yes it was White. I also read that you lose the grant even if the dealer offers you the same spec with a different colour. It seem its the government’s fault there.

I just looked, there are still loads on Autotrader ready to buy.
Was that the ex-demo that they started advertising a few weeks ago, saying available next month or something similar?
What Cars2 should have done is contacted all their customers waiting for their orders and offered it to them.
Anyone looking to jump the long wait should consider contacting dealers and asking for first dibs on their demonstrators which they are allowed to sell on after 90 days.
I did this a month ago and got lucky. SR I stead of the LR we'd ordered but suits out needs perfectly.

No, brand new no mileage at all. I would ask for my deposit back and just buy a new one from Autotrader while they are there.

Yes it was White. I also read that you lose the grant even if the dealer offers you the same spec with a different colour. It seem its the government’s fault there.
That's not correct, the vehicle colour isn't listed on the grant paperwork as far as I'm aware 👍🏻

Has to be the same spec though.

You paid £30,495 for a long range trophy on Friday, having enquired on Wednesday? Good work if so.
3k under the list price ? on a lr trophy that no one can get hold of with a waiting list of several months, and enquire Friday and pick up Wednesday is insane if true, but I have a little doubt as it seems to good to be true.

New cars advertised on Auto Trader tend to be “Click Bait”.
LR models are few and far between.
Any that arrive are being offered to the longest waiting customers, which is the way it should be done !.
The Chorley group are following this process I believe.
They where matching the last delivery of LR models to customers who had ordered last November.

Any that arrive are being offered to the longest waiting customers, which is the way it should be done !.
They where matching the last delivery of LR models to customers who had ordered last November.
Long Range ZS EVs are also showing as in stock when you use MGs 'New Car Stock Locator'. New car stock locator | MG Motor UK

Do you think this is what is happening with the November orders? If so when would we receive our November orders do you think?
I have no idea.

All I know is some dealers do have some new stock sat around and can't switch those cars to waiting customers.

Whilst I don't disagree that's happening, I have contacted two dealers that definitely do have stock and were willing to sell. This was on SR models (as I'm waiting on an SR).

Luscombe is one of those.

3k under the list price ? on a lr trophy that no one can get hold of with a waiting list of several months, and enquire Friday and pick up Wednesday is insane if true, but I have a little doubt as it seems to good to be true
We’ve got a blue LR Trophy on order with Cars2 since December, can’t get any updates from them. Go ahead and really make my day and tell me yours is a blue one.
car2 wakefield do list a LR trophy for 32.5k. Maybe they do have stocks but for some arcane reason they can’t assign to existing order.

Or they’re playing a game of chicken and wait for you to cancel and sell you the same car for more than you agreed too. Who knows anymore.

Also I couldn’t find a “Car2 Burnley” does this place exist?

Edit: Miles posted before me questioning the same thing. @Alb we have a troll running loose here.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom