MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I’ve tried to contact my dealer for an update and no response on two occasions. I do find it irritating that they don’t respond. I work in an industry where I act for individuals buying and selling major assets and I spend most of the day answering emails asking for an update. It takes very little time per email and I do in excess of 100 a day on average with the phone ringing and customers dropping in. I don’t know how dealers get away with not replying. I appreciate you’re not going to call me if there’s no update, but I presume they must have received something from MG over the past 2.5 months that they can tell me. I’d like to know even if it’s bad news that the car won’t arrive until next year, as other dealers seem to have been informed.
If the dealers have no cars, and are not able to take orders either, what do they do with their time?

Update from my dealer on the Isle of Wight today was not good. Apologised because he gets very little information from MG UK and therefore has nothing really to update customers who have been waiting many months. He has 25 LR ZS EVs on order - approx 50/50 Motability - some dating back to November 21 and has not received one yet. My Blue Trophy LR was ordered on 5th January. He advised that for all his orders he used to have a delivery date which just rolled over day by day. Now all the orders do not have a delivery date at all and just say TBA. He confirmed that he cannot currently place any new orders. We spoke about other dealers having stock and he said that he had some stock orders but had to cancel or allocate to people a few months ago or face the £1500 fine which is more than they make on a new car.
I was told that if we wanted to cancel the order and try another manufacturer he would understand. I said I would hold on for now.

Is it possible to get MG UK to actually update what they are doing for all us people who have been waiting for many months rather than give a standard response which is meaningless. There are enough of us that are waiting and maybe we could also get the press such as auto express or what car involved to add some weight?

Is it possible to get MG UK to actually update what they are doing for all us people who have been waiting for many months rather than give a standard response which is meaningless. There are enough of us that are waiting and maybe we could also get the press such as auto express or what car involved to add some weight?
Nice idea, but do you really think SAIC will take any notice of what a British car magazine has to say?

Update from my dealer on the Isle of Wight today was not good. Apologised because he gets very little information from MG UK and therefore has nothing really to update customers who have been waiting many months. He has 25 LR ZS EVs on order - approx 50/50 Motability - some dating back to November 21 and has not received one yet. My Blue Trophy LR was ordered on 5th January. He advised that for all his orders he used to have a delivery date which just rolled over day by day. Now all the orders do not have a delivery date at all and just say TBA. He confirmed that he cannot currently place any new orders. We spoke about other dealers having stock and he said that he had some stock orders but had to cancel or allocate to people a few months ago or face the £1500 fine which is more than they make on a new car.
I was told that if we wanted to cancel the order and try another manufacturer he would understand. I said I would hold on for now.
Not sure I follow on the reallocation thing.

If actual reallocation of orders was happening, you'd have people like me with cars now as I have an SR order and my dealer has SR stock. They don't face the £1500 if they don't reallocate a car to a customer - they get that if they DO. Presumably because of the timing of the grant.as it applied at the time of the order.

If the dealers have no cars, and are not able to take orders either, what do they do with their time?
I think they are still taking orders on some other models.

I was talking to a friend today that recently bought an Audi, he said the dealer also tried to get him to put in an order for the NEXT car (as well as the one he was buying) giving the reason that the wait lists are so long now, if you are replacing your car in 2 years you need to get an order in now.

"Never let a good crises go to waste" as they say in politics.

Folks, awaiting delivery in Ireland also, however we seem to have different trim names - excite and exclusive. Exclusive has all bells and whistles including panoramic roof. How do these compare with connect/ trophy etc.

I'm following this thread to see if what you're seeing has any comparison to the Irish market.

I received a email from Luscombes an hour or so ago, saying that if I was still interested in a lr they have a 'batch of them' coming in shortly and that I can pick it up in 6 weeks if I up a order in now!!!!! How come they can get hold of them when my dealer in Carlisle can't?

Folks, awaiting delivery in Ireland also, however we seem to have different trim names - excite and exclusive. Exclusive has all bells and whistles including panoramic roof. How do these compare with connect/ trophy etc.

I'm following this thread to see if what you're seeing has any comparison to the Irish market.
That's the old gen1 names

I contacted my dealer on Wednesday to ask for an update on my order and I was told my car was due in next week. the salesman then said he will call me back. he did so to confirm my car was due in but he said it's not the colour I had originally ordered. It was red and they would swallow the extra cost of the paint. I pointed out that I had ordered a silver one so obviously it wasn't my car, it must have been a cancelled order. When i told him I still want one in silver, I was told he would keep my order on the books but can't confirm a delivery date as yet. It's looking like a September delivery for a car that was ordered mid-December 2021..........Not looking good really, so just keeping my fingers crossed that it comes before December as I'm due to re-tax my present vehicle again by then.

I would of had the red one that was offered, at least you wouldn't be paying £9 a gallon for fuel!!!
As would I!! I’d please my 4 year old at the same time as she wanted the red one, but I told her when she can pay for the paint she can pick the colour.

Hi @JSAND59 , that's a similar answer I received from Premier on Thursday. I ordered same colour and model on 7th November. Don' know how they are keeping the doors of the saleroom open as Ford are in the same position. 14 months for a fiesta if ordered today. Is your car on order with prems or westridge

Excite is the same as the SE. And exclusive is the same spec as the Trophy. We don't have the trophy connect spec here which is the one with £500 worth of extras like it can stream Amazon music.

I've had my order in since Dec with a dealer in Galway. Last updates I got, in Feb was to say it was not coming in March but pushed to May/June. Obviously that's not happening. Got one in April to say a boat was landing but they had no idea what was on it or who they were for!.

So very similar situation here too, where no one knows anything.

I contacted my dealer on Wednesday to ask for an update on my order and I was told my car was due in next week. the salesman then said he will call me back. he did so to confirm my car was due in but he said it's not the colour I had originally ordered. It was red and they would swallow the extra cost of the paint. I pointed out that I had ordered a silver one so obviously it wasn't my car, it must have been a cancelled order. When i told him I still want one in silver, I was told he would keep my order on the books but can't confirm a delivery date as yet. It's looking like a September delivery for a car that was ordered mid-December 2021..........Not looking good really, so just keeping my fingers crossed that it comes before December as I'm due to re-tax my present vehicle again by then.
Which dealer is this if you don’t mind me asking?

Hi @JSAND59 , that's a similar answer I received from Premier on Thursday. I ordered same colour and model on 7th November. Don' know how they are keeping the doors of the saleroom open as Ford are in the same position. 14 months for a fiesta if ordered today. Is your car on order with prems or westridge
Westridge. They are only a small garage - surely they must be struggling without any cars to sell.

Not sure I follow on the reallocation thing.

If actual reallocation of orders was happening, you'd have people like me with cars now as I have an SR order and my dealer has SR stock. They don't face the £1500 if they don't reallocate a car to a customer - they get that if they DO. Presumably because of the timing of the grant.as it applied at the time of the order.
I assume that the car was ordered many months ago for stock by the dealer and the price was as per the old list price. If they sell for the new list price then this will give them more than the £1500 fine profit. I wonder if you approached them and offered additional money for the stock car if they would be willing to do you a deal?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom