MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Has anyone successfully received a long range through Tusker or even a standard range, hearing rumours Tusker are behind everyone else and the delivery date has moved several times (understandable). I ordered on 22nd March so not waited very long compared to some of you and estimated delivery is late September, annoyingly my friend ordered a Hyundai Kona at the same time which arrived within weeks.

Has anyone successfully received a long range through Tusker or even a standard range, hearing rumours Tusker are behind everyone else and the delivery date has moved several times (understandable). I ordered on 22nd March so not waited very long compared to some of you and estimated delivery is late September, annoyingly my friend ordered a Hyundai Kona at the same time which arrived within weeks.
Tusker are just an agent, you're better off finding out which dealership Tusker put your order in with. I'm my case it's Luccombe who confirmed with me directly that they had the right spec and colour. Still waiting like you and mine was ordered early February.

I have a SR order from Tusker from January. Last date they gave me was Sept. Now they can’t give a date at all.

it’s down to the supplying dealer more than Tusker - they dont know anything other than what the dealer tells them. The dealer should of contacted you directly to confirm your order details. Mine is Luscombe Leeds.

Everyone kept saying dealers risking £1500 fine as if it will deter them. They just pass it on to the customer. If MG want to deal with rouge dealers they need a one strike and you’re out system. But the economic incentives simply don’t line up there. If they lose a dealer then they also lose 10s even 100s of sales. So at the end of the day that £1500 fine is just another tax on customers wanting a car early. Think parking ticket vs tow.

If the rumoured £500 increase and sunroof optional is true this will be my first and last MG. I will also actively tell people to avoid the brand given their shambolic treatment of waiting customers. The only advantage they had was good value for money which they might have lost.

I have a SR order from Tusker from January. Last date they gave me was Sept. Now they can’t give a date at all.

it’s down to the supplying dealer more than Tusker - they dont know anything other than what the dealer tells them. The dealer should of contacted you directly to confirm your order details. Mine is Luscombe Leeds.
I have ordered a LR from Tusker on the 23rd March, they have also placed the order with Luscombe Leeds and I currently have a late September delivery date, although it did originally start with a mid-June date.

Hi All,
Phoned around a few dealers yesterday to pick their brains.
General consensus is that back In November last year MG UK actively encouraged all the dealers to place as many orders for stock. Even suggested using all the names of people that work in the dealerships to place orders against. The idea was to ensure production runs would be scheduled for the UK variant cars. Then in March when production problems increased MG UK did a U turn to try and prevent cars being delivered without actual customers by implementing the fine.

Anyway, I have written to MG UK to see how they respond to giving better information for delivery timescales.

I have also written to What Car Magazine and asked if they can help obtaining a response for all the people waiting for deliveries of the MG ZS.

I will wait and see what happens. I have probably wasted my time but if I do get any responses I will post here.

Everyone kept saying dealers risking £1500 fine as if it will deter them. They just pass it on to the customer. If MG want to deal with rouge dealers they need a one strike and you’re out system. But the economic incentives simply don’t line up there. If they lose a dealer then they also lose 10s even 100s of sales. So at the end of the day that £1500 fine is just another tax on customers wanting a car early. Think parking ticket vs tow.

If the rumoured £500 increase and sunroof optional is true this will be my first and last MG. I will also actively tell people to avoid the brand given their shambolic treatment of waiting customers. The only advantage they had was good value for money which they might have lost.
While I completely understand the frustrations ( and I agree in the main), MG will likely always offer better value than others. All manufacturers are increasing cost due to production costs increasing.

How customers are treated is a very fair criticism however

Hi All,
Phoned around a few dealers yesterday to pick their brains.
General consensus is that back In November last year MG UK actively encouraged all the dealers to place as many orders for stock. Even suggested using all the names of people that work in the dealerships to place orders against. The idea was to ensure production runs would be scheduled for the UK variant cars. Then in March when production problems increased MG UK did a U turn to try and prevent cars being delivered without actual customers by implementing the fine.

Anyway, I have written to MG UK to see how they respond to giving better information for delivery timescales.

I have also written to What Car Magazine and asked if they can help obtaining a response for all the people waiting for deliveries of the MG ZS.

I will wait and see what happens. I have probably wasted my time but if I do get any responses I will post here.
Well it can’t do any harm, as the saying goes, if you don’t ask..

We cancelled unfortunately due to the lack of customer service and constant moving dates, fabricated information,this was from one of Miles dealership, when Asked for proof the grant been reversed so we can use on something else and repeatedly challenged they informed me that the car will sit lol arrive be sold to someone else. i mentioned about the fine and I believe if it’s not at the dealership it will be allocated to a waiting list/ another dealership,they indicated this wasn’t applicable. It will. Still come and be added to group stock. were still awaiting written confirmation, I feel it won’t come.

I must admit I feel the November rush was to secure a pipeline. For uk mg.

Last edited:

Thanks that’s Very helpful I’ll send them an email and see if they can tell me more.

Adriatic Highway is in the canal!!
Screenshot from 2022-06-12 11-34-28.png

I have ordered a LR from Tusker on the 23rd March, they have also placed the order with Luscombe Leeds and I currently have a late September delivery date, although it did originally start with a mid-June date.
Just checked and I ordered the day before you. Have emailed asking further information be interesting to see If the same dealer used.

Hi All,

I placed an order for an MG ZS EV Long Range in February with MG Leicester. I qualified for the government grant, as it was not a trophy/connect. As with most people on here, I have also suffered through MG’s misinformation, push-backs but also a distinct apathy from the personnel at MG Leicester. I have had to constantly chase for any news and/or information. I have been fairly patient, listening to the podcasts etc, but the last I heard, I should be driving my new car now. I’ve got my home charger set up and ready to go. I’m ready! So I called up for an update this weekend and was told it hasn’t even been built yet. I can understand this. There have been many challenges; chip shortages, shipping shortages, war, covid. I get it. What I cannot condone is the complete apparent contempt and apathy for the customer from MG. Did anyone else see the promotional video in which they said they are trying to build an MG family? Sure, if that family consists of parents who leave the kids to fend for themselves for months on end. I feel like I am being patient and understanding here but surely it should be a two-way street? You know, MG, fuel is extremely pricy in the UK right now. I would like to know when I can expect my ev so I can budget. It’s not as if your sales people can sell anything at the minute so why are they not working overtime to provide a better service and reassurance to customers with orders?
Given the current (and not-promising future) of the price of gas - as well as my conscience running out of patience with driving dirty, I have been keeping an eye on second hand EVs and just purchased a GT line Renault Zoe with rapid charge. Picking it up this week. The test drive seemed like it will do the job but the MG was in a different class.
I can’t help but acknowledge that the customer service from MG has left an extremely bitter taste, that is increasingly overwhelming the sweet price of my MG on order with government grant.

Been to dealership today to enquire about our ZS Trophy LR ordered in December only to be told it’s not even been given a build slot yet. The salesman said with a bit of luck it may arrive in September. This situation is getting ridiculous especially when we keep hearing about orders from Jan, Feb, March etc are getting their cars.
Does anyone know how long it is from build date to delivery

Does anyone know how long it is from build date to delivery
Just had a look at the Adriatic Highway and was surprised to see that Shanghai to Portbury is only 5 Weeks. Using this add 3 weeks on the front to build / deliver to port / wait for shop / load. Then add another 3 weeks to unload / store / allocate to dealer / deliver. Would therefore suggest 2 to 3 months ?
Have heard all sorts of information - dealers phoning up to say a transporter has just arrived with your car on it - to a dealer saying they are being sent a transporter full of cars and it is up to them to allocate.
A lot of accounts contradict each other (including my own) but I think it is safe to say that we are dealing with a very unprofessional outfit who are not looking after the customers very well. We should also understand that not all car salespersons are honest. My dealer could be spinning a yarn to me but his information was that he had not got a clue when my car will arrive. Maybe some dealers get special treatment from MG UK where they get preview information of the factory build allocations / shipping information etc, but personally I do not believe a word of it. Just sit back relax and who knows, one day the phone may ring to say your car has arrived.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom