MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Thing is i've paid a deposit they definately said we would have the car the middle of September nothing about they were getting shipped in on a boat , we were under the impression the cars they had as it was supposedly limited numbers were already here ..... Thank you
I paid a deposit on the 23rd of July 2019 and received the car on the 6th Jan 2020.
Give them a call and ask them if they have any news updates on your promised September delivery date, as there is only a few weeks left in September !.
Then ask them where you car is located right now, is it a car from group "Stock" ( and therefore should be in the U.K. somewhere ) or was it a factory order ?.
If it's a factory order, then they will have no idea really, they will be just guessing at a date.
Dealers are buggers for taking a deposit on a car, that they don't even have an allocation for !.

I paid a deposit on the 23rd of July 2019 and received the car on the 6th Jan 2020.
Give them a call and ask them if they have any news updates on your promised September delivery date, as there is only a few weeks left in September !.
Then ask them where you car is located right now, is it a car from group "Stock" ( and therefore should be in the U.K. somewhere ) or was it a factory order ?.
If it's a factory order, then they will have no idea really, they will be just guessing at a date.
Dealers are buggers for taking a deposit on a car, that they don't even have an allocation for !.
You are correct , we were under the impression it was from stock they had in the country .. as was limited numbers and colours ... i phoned again yesterday for an update to be told possibly now the end of September and the boat it is on is still at sea ( this is news to us ) , we paid the deposit with the impression the cars were in stock and they had them , due to limited numbers and colours !!!!!

Hoping mine is on that same boat!
Think if we had be told the facts straight at the beginning ..i phoned a local MG garage they were honest and said they could not get any ..did not give you the impression they had them ..then tell you they are on a boat at sea !!!!!!

To be fair, I ordered mine on the 23rd of August and they said October. So they could well have just been making it up when it would arrive, or they knew another shipment was on the way and were hedging their bets on when it would arrive.

When I told them what I wanted, they were talking "out back" for a long time

To be fair, I ordered mine on the 23rd of August and they said October. So they could well have just been making it up when it would arrive, or they knew another shipment was on the way and were hedging their bets on when it would arrive.

When I told them what I wanted, they were talking "out back" for a long time
what do you mean outback ? we ordered ours 26th August and he definately told us middle September ....why not just be truthful !!!!!

what do you mean outback ? we ordered ours 26th August and he definately told us middle September ....why not just be truthful !!!!!
you feel they just tell you anything and get you to pay deposit and then just keep saying no word ... not good enough .......

I work in the disability industry and we are having problems getting some mobility scooters, parts for them ( quoted 12 weeks on Friday for a part) and as for riser recliner chairs made in China looking into Jan / Feb next year maybe?

you feel they just tell you anything and get you to pay deposit and then just keep saying no word ... not good enough .......
Yep !.
See, when they know you are ready to place an order, they want you to think that the wait for your car is going to be fairly short.
But unless the car is physically on U.K. soil they are only guessing.
MG cars take 3 months to arrive in the U.K. from China, so they are banking on your car being on that shipping manifest.
If they told you the truth, you would be unlikely to place your order in the first place.
They tell you what you want to hear, but not the true facts.
EV's normally face a longer wait time than a normal ICE cars anyway.
A lot of people think that you can order an EV today and you will be collecting it in a few short weeks, dream on !.
There are exceptions to the rule of course, but this only possible because you are lucky enough that it's a group / stock car.

So do they actually check there is one on the manifest or they just hope?

Is there a boat of MGs then a dealer calls dibs?
Just hope I think - I would be surprised if they had access to the shipping manifest ?.
I was of the opinion that cars get allocated, as they touch U.K. soil.
Maybe THAT is when the VIN numbers are released to the dealers.
If so, it could be a good indication of how close your car is, when the dealer receives the VIN number, it is then only waiting transportation from the U.K. docks ?.

Just checked my order form and the "estimated delivery" for my MG5 LR is the 29th October, so I imagine I'll get it some time in 2022...

So just got an update from the dealer, their orders are being pushed back and currently it's showing as mid November, but to expect it to be delayed further.

So just got an update from the dealer, their orders are being pushed back and currently it's showing as mid November, but to expect it to be delayed further.
We ordered our ZS in July.
I told my dealer, that if our car arrived after the 1st November, I would not be taking delivery until after the new year.
It arrived two weeks before Xmas.
They pushed for me to take delivery straight away.
I insisted that I want the car registered in 2020 now and NOT in 2019.
I had waited almost five months, another two weeks was not going to make any difference.
I gave them strict instruction NOT to register the car until after the new year.
I understand that it made NO difference to the number on the plate, but cars are bought by their FDOR ( First Date Of Registration ) and NOT by the number on the plate.
Only the public generally buy / value cars by there plate year number.
When selling / valuing a car, the sales person will always ask :-
“ When was the car first registered”.
Therefore, the worst time to register a car is at Xmas time IMO.
December collection makes the car a 2020.
Two weeks later, it suddenly becomes a 2021.
The dealer will tell you it makes no difference, but it will at the time of trade in.

We ordered our ZS in July.
I told my dealer, that if our car arrived after the 1st November, I would not be taking delivery until after the new year.
It arrived two weeks before Xmas.
They pushed for me to take delivery straight away.
I insisted that I want the car registered in 2020 now and NOT in 2019.
I had waited almost five months, another two weeks was not going to make any difference.
I gave them strict instruction NOT to register the car until after the new year.
I understand that it made NO difference to the number on the plate, but cars are bought by their FDOR ( First Date Of Registration ) and NOT by the number on the plate.
Only the public generally buy / value cars by there plate year number.
When selling / valuing a car, the sales person will always ask :-
“ When was the car first registered”.
Therefore, the worst time to register a car is at Xmas time IMO.
December collection makes the car a 2020.
Two weeks later, it suddenly becomes a 2021.
The dealer will tell you it makes no difference, but it will at the time of trade in.

If this gets dragged out to December then this will be very useful information to have. Thank you!

Thank you everyone this is lots of very useful information ...if i dont get my car by the end of September ..... the garage definately have sold us this under false pretences ...they definately said now it would be here by the end of September ..... if i knew this and they were not in the country i would never had paid the deposit !!!!!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom