MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Car cancelled

Just spoke to dealership again to see if there is anything they can do but he told me MG have cancelled and they can do nothing about it.

So maybe if you are still waiting, the same route should be expected in the days to come.
Definitely get in touch with MG UK to at the very least confirm that it is they who cancelled your order and not a dealership scapegoat answer to cover their backs, and if it was MG then for what reason when there are thousands of other orders out there like yours?! Unacceptable after a half yr wait! Whoever cancelled there needs to be some form of compensation for your lost time and money!

Somebody earlier in the thread suggested that the [email protected] address should be used for actual responses rather than cut and paste bot responses.

I asked the question about dealer allocation and that my dealer isn't allocating my exact car they have in stock to me.

I got a cut and paste response about long lead times.

There is no intelligent life there, or they just can't be bothered.
Hi - that was me. I sent original email to [email protected] and got bot response from the callcentre email address. I then responded to callcentre email address with an email stating that they had not answered my question and reworded an exact question with Yes/No answers to respond. I did get a personalised response - still did not answer my questions though 😟

Just called MG Darlington pretending to be a new customer. Told them I want to place a new order for the ZS SE long range. Also told them that my current dealer just cancelled my order (not true).
They told me I can have a car by November and they would never cancel a customers' order.
What in the world....? :unsure:

There is an old perception that the car salesperson is the type of person never to be trusted, are ruthless and would sell their own grandparents if it meant getting a better margin.
Not all salespersons are the same - there are some good ones out there who know what they are talking about, know the processes to follow and how to be professional.
For instance I do not personally know Miles from Chorley Group, but he is willing to put his head above the parapet and tell us what he can - he comes across to me as professional and trustworthy - I would buy a car off him.
I understand that current economic climate makes it difficult to operate but there are limits to what is beyond acceptable.
Selling cars that was designated for someone else and then telling customers open lies about the process for grants to me is beyond the limit. Cancelling orders and claiming it was MGUK that did it is again beyond the limit.
It is unprofessional and tarnishes all those dealers out there who really try hard to look after their customers. When dealers do things like this it must make people like Mile’s job twice as difficult to be able to gain peoples trust.
Honesty is always the best policy in the end.
Sell their own grandparent - They can't there's no market for them!

James_Beck-1973.png

Just called MG Darlington pretending to be a new customer. Told them I want to place a new order for the ZS SE long range. Also told them that my current dealer just cancelled my order (not true).
They told me I can have a car by November and they would never cancel a customers' order.
There are just no words. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I wonder if the individuals whose order has been cancelled should ring up and pose the same question and see what they say. Then point out they just cancelled his order, so how can they be promising cars by November.

It's really hard to like car dealerships.

Yes, there are great ones out there, but it's easy to see why manufacturers want to start going down the direct route with this sort of behaviour.

As I got nothing meaningful from MG UK, I just asked the dealer that if I paid the £1500 (they'd get hit with by MG) would they switch the in stock car to my order and send it to me?

They brought the "fine" up - as they call it. I'll pass the response back to MG.

Can you point to a gov. web page that says so?
Government press release here: Plug-in grant for cars to end as focus moves to improving electric vehicle charging - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Mentions honouring all existing applications and any future applications where the car has been 'sold' in the 48 hours preceding the announcement but an application has not yet been made. Doesnt mention anything about a 30 or 90 limit on that (not to say thats not in the small print as this is just a press release)

As I got nothing meaningful from MG UK, I just asked the dealer that if I paid the £1500 they'd get hit with by MG if they switched the in stock car to my order, would they send me the car.

They brought the "fine" up - as they call it. I'll pass the response back to MG.
There seems to be a strict structure for communications SAIC to MG UK, then MG UK to dealer, then dealer to customer. Never shall we deviate from the structure. I wonder what really happens to all the complaints that MG UK receive? They must have had a few by now.
I was wondering if SAIC would be interested in some of the concerns we have seen over the last few months - after all it is their branding that is under the spotlight. Can we contact them?

If MG UK has cancelled, what was it 46 cars, I think there maybe a problem with the dealership, seems like they don’t want to do business with them anymore, be interesting to see if they get any MG cars going forward, or close down and just because they say they can have a MG car by November, doesn’t mean they will..

The last shipment of cars are starting to trickle out. My car is at the dealer after arriving today and I'm picking it up next Wednesday. The order date was 7th Jan and its a Black Trophy LR for those tracking orders. Hope everyone having trouble at the moment get theirs hands on them soon.

Government press release here: Plug-in grant for cars to end as focus moves to improving electric vehicle charging - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Mentions honouring all existing applications and any future applications where the car has been 'sold' in the 48 hours preceding the announcement but an application has not yet been made. Doesnt mention anything about a 30 or 90 limit on that (not to say thats not in the small print as this is just a press release)
That's the same reference from which I quoted. Included there: "All existing applications for the grant will continue to be honoured and where a car has been sold in the 2 working days before the announcement, but an application for the grant from dealerships has not yet been made, the sale will also still qualify for the grant."

Any dealer who tries to deny the grant to orders placed in time is pulling a fast one.

I've just been into my dealer (Read in Grimsby) they said their orders had been given t.b.c status but had no information about cancelled orders. They did say they had not had any (face lift) cars delivered.

I contacted MG UK for some clarification on the cancellation and I got this response below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220616-185900_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220616-185900_Firefox.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 258
Was at an event today hosted by my Dealer for EV owners in Dublin. Took another test drive in the ZS EV LR just to remind myself why I'm waiting so long on my order, and had genuinely forgotten how good it was to drive it. Was able to play with the sunroof and stick it in sport mode and just floor it, smiling all the time.

Also saw a new advert just posted up on carzone.ie for SE ZS LR for just under €42k!! these are the base model that were originally advertised in Jan 22 for €32845 (white or +€700 for non-red colour), that's a €9000 increase for just a base model 😮 This is advertised as coming soon! (yeah right)

I was trying to get an idea if my dealer had any news on when cars would be arriving while there today but nothing new, still have no idea on when its due to arrive, so I'll continue to wait, especially if the prices are going up that much

Hi Farrells<
On the way back this afternoon I decided to call in the dealer about this car. Drove up and there she was sitting in the stock yard being charged under the Logo badge. Large as life the REG plate was Northern Irish.
Seeing what was on offer, it was pointless going into the Showroom to find out the story. The car was old model and short range probably excite version to boot. so good luck trying to sell that at that mark up!!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom