MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Ah that's interesting! Maybe the lease companies order through the MG dealerships, acting as a kind of middleman, getting preferential rates as bringing in volume of sales!? I wonder if anyone can confirm or deny this.

They said MG had cancelled. Hubby asked for written proof, couldn't supply any there and then. Pretty sure if there is a potential of 46 people walking into the office as peed off as we were they'd be able to show us actual proof. As far as I'm concerned my order is still pending we haven't broken the contract between MG and ourselves. I want my car.
Well said they make my blood boil 😠

they emailed you to tell you that they had received some cars but yours wasn't one of them?
look at what you could have won!!!!
Just realised how that reads, should have put they actually replied to an email querying about the delivery and if mine was in there. 🤦

Model: ZS Trophy LR
Colour: Black
Ordered: 10th November 2021
Dealer: MG Burnley
Collected today FINALLY. Patiently waiting 8 months!
Yesterday I had 3 sightings on the road of MG ZS EV’s so they are trickling through.
Great news - mine was ordered on the 11th Nov from Chorley however a Connect so might have a little longer to wait. Still good news there is movement!

Im trying to patiently wait for my order but reading all this has me fuming at this circus of a brand. Also im starting to think that perhaps it’s worth jumping ship, as it seems MG are in no rush to fulfil customer orders and their waiting times are by no means accurate or anywhere near actual figures. So even if i jump ship i may still get it before this order is built, let alone delivered, if i go with a 6-9month wait car from another manufacturer. That or i need to come off this forum and wait patiently in oblivion.

Also I had an issue with my order date as well, which to date I am still not sure who is telling the truth, i ordered March 28th and dealer said it was for a stock pre-order (back when it was allowed, before this was discontinued) which was placed in December but pushed through in January (??whatever that means??) and when contacting MG with my order number they said my order was put through in early April 😒 (luckily not 3 months later like some), my dealership stuck to their story, and i decided to wait either way. However, my patience is wearing thin as things are becoming even more uncertain with these unethical antics being played by some dealerships which MG is oblivious to or just doesn't care cause it means more sales
I doubt it's just MG.

Good afternoon, boys and girls, so I did bother to pop into the dealership, (there was only one salesman in, know of him, but he’s never dealt with me before) did seem very peed off, said everyone was leaving and he’d probably be next…so asked about my car, “when was it ordered“ told him,17th December, “that’s a long time, wonder why it hasn’t turned up yet?” Looks at the screen, you’ve had your deposit returned,…No…I don’t want my deposit returned, I want a car, spins the screen around, “31/5/2022 deposit returned” ( I’m oh sh*t another Doncaster dealership, ) looks like it’s been cancelled, “by who?” Julie Bradby (I think it said) let me make a phone call..gets a call back, asks if they know who this Julie is?..asks if whoever it was if they can get deeper into the system…”no I’ve not been shown anything“ he says…comes off the phone and says it’s still on order, now when he spun the screen around it had 3 things on it…the date I ordered it, who I ordered it with and the date my deposit was returned, he said MG are telling them nothing, cars just seem to turn up as and when, told him I was on this forum and that cars seem to be tricking though, didn’t know anything about that..did seem very fed up with it all..the sales guy I ordered it with has left, he said he doesn’t know, what this Gary bloke was doing, said he’s never dealt with Gary’s orders before, looking at this, I don’t know what he’s done…but your cars still on order…fingers crossed..

Just had an email from my dealer (Perrys in Aylesbury), they took a delivery of MGs but didn't say what spec/range, confirmed my Silver LR Trophy wasn't one of them, but did say its showing at sea with an estimated arrival of 11 Aug....
My wife is waiting for a sliver trophy LR from them as well ordered 6th jan

I order my ZS EV long range Connect in early Dec 21. I now have my order number and want to contact MG UK for an update as my dealer seems to know nothing. Can someone give me an email and contact number for MG UK. Thanks

What's the wait time for an eCorsa like?
New, as bad as anyone else.

Found a year old Elite with 14k miles for £24k.

Benefits of working nights- acted fast before someone swiped it: found it at 4.30, emailed the dealer at 5, got SWMBO approval at 7, test drive at 4.30, shook hands at 5.30.

Job, as they say, jobbed.

Last edited:
I order my ZS EV long range Connect in early Dec 21. I now have my order number and want to contact MG UK for an update as my dealer seems to know nothing. Can someone give me an email and contact number for MG UK. Thanks
I think you will only receive a generic response. As someone said a few pages ago, MG told them it was still awaiting build on the 6th June, but it’s due to arrive end of the month, so the update from MG was incorrect.

However, if you want to try I believe it is [email protected].

Good afternoon, boys and girls, so I did bother to pop into the dealership, (there was only one salesman in, know of him, but he’s never dealt with me before) did seem very peed off, said everyone was leaving and he’d probably be next…so asked about my car, “when was it ordered“ told him,17th December, “that’s a long time, wonder why it hasn’t turned up yet?” Looks at the screen, you’ve had your deposit returned,…No…I don’t want my deposit returned, I want a car, spins the screen around, “31/5/2022 deposit returned” ( I’m oh sh*t another Doncaster dealership, ) looks like it’s been cancelled, “by who?” Julie Bradby (I think it said) let me make a phone call..gets a call back, asks if they know who this Julie is?..asks if whoever it was if they can get deeper into the system…”no I’ve not been shown anything“ he says…comes off the phone and says it’s still on order, now when he spun the screen around it had 3 things on it…the date I ordered it, who I ordered it with and the date my deposit was returned, he said MG are telling them nothing, cars just seem to turn up as and when, told him I was on this forum and that cars seem to be tricking though, didn’t know anything about that..did seem very fed up with it all..the sales guy I ordered it with has left, he said he doesn’t know, what this Gary bloke was doing, said he’s never dealt with Gary’s orders before, looking at this, I don’t know what he’s done…but your cars still on order…fingers crossed..
Either they are being sneaky or are incompetent. Julie cancelled your car 3 weeks ago?
Your deposit was returned without talking to you first. I think you previously said that you missed out on the grant - post 15th December and LR Trophy which is over £32K.
Sounds like they have lost some staff and nobody knows what they are doing?

Either they are being sneaky or are incompetent. Julie cancelled your car 3 weeks ago?
Your deposit was returned without talking to you first. I think you previously said that you missed out on the grant - post 15th December and LR Trophy which is over £32K.
This is either MG/Dealer bullsh1t, flat-out incompetence or both.

Perverse as it may seem, one would like to think that MG UK senior management don’t know this farce is happening.

This doesn't seem to be a one off, At least it looks like his order is still in, maybe. Mine was cancelled by Chorley and they wouldn't do anything, AND they kept my deposit! I've got that back now btw. Check my posts for the story if you're interested.

Who did you order with? i think I may have ordered from same dealership with Matt on 6th dec

I think you will only receive a generic response. As someone said a few pages ago, MG told them it was still awaiting build on the 6th June, but it’s due to arrive end of the month, so the update from MG was incorrect.

However, if you want to try I believe it is [email protected].
Thanks for the details. I also want to check when MG received and logged my order vs when I booked it at the dealer. Getting nervous my dealership may not have ordered in Dec. Thanks again.

I used this one took 3 or 4 days to get a answer [email protected] , small c for Co won’t let me change it , let me know how you get on.
Basically told me my car hadn’t been started to be built ordered January Trophy Connect monument silver.
good luck.

There not being sneaky…just don’t know what the hell is going on and no one seems to know what the hell there doing..the thing that bothers me now is, if I hadn’t gone up there today, would I ever had know the order was showing deposit returned? Which sort of gives me the impression that no-one has there finger on the pulse, no-one is looking though the order folders, is this why I have never gotten a phone call or message? As I’ve said, there’s only one salesman on site now, not sure if the branch manager has gone, as he wasn’t there today? The salesman seemed more interested in selling cars (well he is a salesman, clue is in the name) when I was there, there was a couple wanting to buy a white car that was up for sale..is this why it’s taken so long, no one is bothering to chase MG up over the cars customers are waiting for?…may pop over to the Balsall common dealership (which is where I ordered it, in the first place) to see if they can tell me anything else?..

[Ireland Order] I got an update, dealer got in touch today to say he is expecting it soon, as the system now says "on the way to the dealer".

I'm not sure if that means it is on the boat, or it has landed and is waiting to be assigned by MG Ireland, or that it is on a transporter making its way down the road.

But at least it is no longer showing the default +4-month date or a TBA.

Our plates tick over to 222 on the 1st of July 2022 so even if it lands this week I will have to wait a few more days to get it registered.
Just wondering when and what you ordered?

Hope you get yours soon, would be great to get it just at the start of July, new car and new plate.

Edit: Scrub that, I can see now you ordered in December. Im not far behind you, waiting since start of Jan so maybe if there is enough, I might be lucky:unsure:

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom