MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just got my 2 weeks updates.
MG MOTOR UK ZS ELECTRIC HATCHBACK 115kW Trophy EV Long Range 73kWh 5dr Auto

Original estimated delivery date:31/10/2022
New Estimated Delivery Date:30/12/2022
Reason for any date change:Factory build slot still to be confirmed.
Order Stage:Awaiting Production Date
Vehicle status:Dealership Pipeline
😳

When did you originally place the order?

Any ships due in Portbury on those dates won't have been to China to pick the cars up yet.

From what I can tell, it's around a 35d window - so any ships leaving Shanghai now, will be here in 35-ish days. For any cars arriving here in late August, you'll need to look 35d before then - so mid-late July.

The ships are only in Shanghai for 12-30hrs.
Thank you.

Just got my 2 weeks update.
MG MOTOR UK ZS ELECTRIC HATCHBACK 115kW Trophy EV Long Range 73kWh 5dr Auto

Original estimated delivery date:31/10/2022
Vehicle status: Dealership Pipeline
what a coincidence (mine was order in March and the same spec)
Original estimated delivery date:20/09/2022

If we believe that Jan orders are 8 month delivery then your latest delivery has a similar duration.

Very interesting to see that you do not have TBA?

How do MG have any idea what SAIC will be manufacturing in September/October to give you a date at the end of December?

Maybe it is a new trend - instead of TBA give a date for all don’t knows of the end of the year and hope to improve?

I used to have a delivery date that moved every day to be 4 months away from the current date. About 3 weeks ago mine changed to TBA as did a number of other people and is still TBA.

I wrote to MG UK who advised the 8 month delivery or earlier. MG UK are yet to update my dealer with this information who only know that I am TBA.

Now we have an estimated delivery date that is 6 months away?

Do you know if this is what MG UK is showing against your order number or is it just the dealers best guess?

Nathanials have finally contacted me about my Trophy SR, they are still expecting it July, shows at sea currently. (Not sure what vessel it's on)

Will not hold my breath but will update this forum if I do indeed have the car in July.

what a coincidence (mine was order in March and the same spec)
Original estimated delivery date:20/09/2022
This just looks like a dealership best guess? Maybe ask what your actual order shows from MG?

If we believe that Jan orders are 8 month delivery then your latest delivery has a similar duration.

Very interesting to see that you do not have TBA?

How do MG have any idea what SAIC will be manufacturing in September/October to give you a date at the end of December?

Maybe it is a new trend - instead of TBA give a date for all don’t knows of the end of the year and hope to improve?

I used to have a delivery date that moved every day to be 4 months away from the current date. About 3 weeks ago mine changed to TBA as did a number of other people and is still TBA.

I wrote to MG UK who advised the 8 month delivery or earlier. MG UK are yet to update my dealer with this information who only know that I am TBA.

Now we have an estimated delivery date that is 6 months away?

Do you know if this is what MG UK is showing against your order number or is it just the dealers best guess?
I am getting my car with a leasing company and every 2 weeks they have an update. Increase in ETA but expected. Never, until now, had a TBA as the rest on this forum.
Actually speaking with the dealership they are more positive with ETA mid November.

This just looks like a dealership best guess? Maybe ask what your actual order shows from MG?
The estimated delivery date has moved on by a month each time over the last 3 fortnightly updates.
I believe that they are just guessing and tbh I am losing interest.
The car will be here when it gets here.
Current car it just costing me a fortune in fuel and company car tax until it does though

The estimated delivery date has moved on by a month each time over the last 3 fortnightly updates.
I believe that they are just guessing and tbh I am losing interest.
The car will be here when it gets here.
Current car it just costing me a fortune in fuel and company car tax until it does though
That’s exactly how I see it. I don’t think there is any value in pressing MG UK/ lease companies / dealerships on the exact status or an ETA as they simply don’t know. Reading this thread and the order tracker will probably give more valuable insight to form an estimate than anything a dealer has to hand.

Nathanials have finally contacted me about my Trophy SR, they are still expecting it July, shows at sea currently. (Not sure what vessel it's on)

Will not hold my breath but will update this forum if I do indeed have the car in July.
When was yours ordered? I'm with the same dealer so may offer some vauge indication of my ETA

They never reply to my emails or update me unless I phone them... not ideal!

Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!! So I’ve just had a call from my dealer who tells me he has good news and bad…….Firstly, the car is here for me and ready to be PDi’d.whoopeee! Secondly, the government grant of £2500 has been declined despite being ordered on 10/12/21 and all the paperwork has this date on it. He’s had to go through the appeals process now and that could take weeks or even months to come back!
So now, I’m in a situation where I know that my car is at the dealers, less than 8 miles away, but I can’t have it unless I pay them another £2500. Anyone had any success with these appeals? He states that there is no reason why it’s been declined but won’t register it until it resolved!!! 😡😡😡

Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!! So I’ve just had a call from my dealer who tells me he has good news and bad…….Firstly, the car is here for me and ready to be PDi’d.whoopeee! Secondly, the government grant of £2500 has been declined despite being ordered on 10/12/21 and all the paperwork has this date on it. He’s had to go through the appeals process now and that could take weeks or even months to come back!
So now, I’m in a situation where I know that my car is at the dealers, less than 8 miles away, but I can’t have it unless I pay them another £2500. Anyone had any success with these appeals? He states that there is no reason why it’s been declined but won’t register it until it resolved!!! 😡😡😡
Have they sent you the evidence it had actually been submitted? From reading the steps online, it would appear they have to register it with the DVLA to obtain the grant payment.

Perhaps Miles may be able to assist.

Have they sent you the evidence it had actually been submitted? From reading the steps online, it would appear they have to register it with the DVLA to obtain the grant payment.

Perhaps Miles may be able to assist.
I don’t have a copy of the Gov application but he is absolutely adamant that the process was correct and fully inside the application window. He’s going to keep me updated apparently!! Don’t feel I should bother Miles with this as it wasn’t his dealership and it’d be too cheeky to ask him!

Follow your logic, but having seen how MG operate… do you trust them not to turn around and say “hey, you’ve been waiting 9m for your Trophy, it’s here but minus the sunroof. Take it or you can have your deposit back”?
And your just going to roll over and take the money and walk away? You have a contract with MG for what car you ordered…I think there would be uproar if you didn’t get the car you ordered…and I for one would be looking where I could tell my tale of woe..

When was yours ordered? I'm with the same dealer so may offer some vauge indication of my ETA

They never reply to my emails or update me unless I phone them... not ideal!
December 21.

I've Emailed the sales person 4 times with no response. Before I decided to call.

They haven't been the best, but I did get a free home charger out of them. Due to a promotion they were running at the time I ordered it

It's this kind of thing that gives me some comfort I am going through a lease company.

It will be an interesting conversation between the dealer and the lease company if they have a shed load of orders where the paperwork hasn't been sorted and the grant isn't being paid!

I doubt the dealer story about them saying the paperwork was done on time...it either was done and they got conf, or it wasn't.

Mine did the same to me Car2 Barnsley...they came up with the excuse that don't apply for the grant till the cars delivered

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom