MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Saw white and a blue MG ZS EV in my area today. Looks like cars have started coming at last. Started to feel like I ordered a unicorn 🦄 which only existed in myth.
I mean, fine...I suppose. But who knows by what means they were sold. Could be just stock flogged that some dealer/agent has come by, no way of telling they were actually recent purchases and could even be cars in the original 'batch' several months ago.

Was looking online last night at SAIC and how big the company is. They already have transport ships and have partnered with Cosco who have a big fleet. SAIC have ordered 2 new transport ships which are being built in Shanghai. Delivery of these two ships are over a year away.
When you consider that there are over 400 vehicle transport ships around the world each capable of carrying up to 8000 cars. The average size can carry 4000 cars it is just amazing that there is a shortage.

Shanghai Port is very busy and the previous lockdown a few weeks ago means that there is still a backlog of ships awaiting dock space to unload / load according to the shipping information.

It looks like there is space to have 3 or 4 ships loading at the same time. The amount of infrastructure being installed / sea being reclaimed by land in the Shanghai area is shocking.
The storage area in Shanghai docks is massive and includes an 8 storey car park for storing approx 8000 cars with more car parks and even more in construction.
Suggest you have a look for yourself on Google maps - look in the area where the Yellow arrows are
0BB852CD-E8EB-4BC9-A24E-AC40A8A90DEC.jpeg

Then zoom in and can see 3 transporters in dock - and all the car parks / parking areas in the yellow highlighted areas.
04D3B86C-9F32-4B85-8249-FE1BBBE18E86.jpeg

Swallow Ace & NOCC Oceanic are currently in dock according to AIS Live shipping.

The factory is in Ningde area and from the satellite images a whole new neighbourhoods are in construction - assume to support the population expansion to work for SAIC as they expand.

As for what SAIC is manufacturing, struggle to find any real information only as per previous post that they are now running a two shift operation and from this would suspect that the parts supply has improved.

Had a look for the SAIC site in Ningde. Only thing I could find was one area which has cars lined up and a train station to ship to Shanghai.

019E8EA1-FEBA-4FE3-BDC9-BA1072937EE7.jpeg

Ningde is just North of Fuzhou
D71E4209-EEBC-4A63-A33D-76D3B30A65B2.jpeg

On the North side of Ningde is the area I found and on SW corner you can see train station.
Have a look on Google Maps?
CD4E0A2F-EBE0-401C-8A5D-2F17D17641A6.jpeg

I had a bit of good news last night, my dealer sent me a message to say my Trophy Connect LR is on a 🚢 docking in September , I ordered 8th November 21,
Let’s hope those who ordered in 2021 get there cars this September.
"On a docking" ? - is that to get on or off?

Alarming voicemail from Charged EV this morning. "As Vanarama has cancelled your car order we cancelling your charger installation appt"
I’m stuck with Vanaram now, got installers putting free charger in just now😬.
Can’t see it getting used for a while though🥺
Fortunately I called Vanarama who reassured me that they haven't cancelled my order and the call was in error .

Hi guys I ordered my new zs trophy connect long range on Nov 7 last year so I don't mine waiting but I do mind waiting without a delivery date we were first told February then April maybe now maybe June surely they must know dates 5 months after my order. Does anyone have an idea?

[ Edit moderator: changed title Delivers → deliveries to be easier to search for ]
I ordered my ZS EV 72.4 KW in December 2021. So far after seven months no information on the delivery date or any news. I ordered through the Dealership and they think it will be in September now which is 9 months even though this is uncertain. D Nayyar

I ordered my ZS EV 72.4 KW in December 2021. So far after seven months no information on the delivery date or any news. I ordered through the Dealership and they think it will be in September now which is 9 months even though this is uncertain. D Nayyar
I ordered my new mg ZS Se long in December and am being told the same as you. MG are releasing new MG4 in September and can’t even meet last years ZS orders what is going on?

I ordered 19th January and still waiting, spoke with the lease company yesterday and awaiting build date still apparently.

I have been given the provisional date of 28/09/2022 but I am not holding my breath this is the 4th date given.

I ordered 19th January and still waiting, spoke with the lease company yesterday and awaiting build date still apparently.

I have been given the provisional date of 28/09/2022 but I am not holding my breath this is the 4th date given.
Who is that with?

Just received an update from Octopus regarding my order (LRTC in Silver, ordered late march, original estimated delivery 1st Setpember).

"The new delivery date is a true estimation due to the delays across the board which have unfortunately meant that MG have seen delays on all of their orders. You therefore have a new estimated delivery date of 31/12/2022. I do apologise again for this delay, I can appreciate the frustration/inconvenience this may cause and we are therefore trying to sort the best way of going about it. Please be assured we will be in touch with more information very shortly and will do everything possible on our end to push this along as quickly as possible."

This was a personal email to me, but sounds like all OctopusEV MG orders are being sent an explainer email in the next few days aswell.

For those that have taken delivery, does it come with both a granny charger and type 2 lead? How about floor mats? Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom