MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Would pre-ordering an MG4 on say PCP direct through a dealer be something to consider?

In my experience, I did look at Tusker for a MG ZS LRT under a salary sacrifice scheme. Figures were acceptable, until I started looking into the sacrifice part for pension payments. It may only have been £38 per month, but then I thought that it could be that my employer will also pay £38 per month less in to my pot. In any case, i felt the pension sum was an issue to me, and even was looking into increasing my AVC by the same amount, to make up the short fall.

when i broke down the figures, and due to finance discount of £1500.00, a relatively small APR of 6.9%, I was only around £20.00 a month worse off under PCP. Less if I increased my deposit, which I will do. I did not get the grant, but seeing on here, many customers may well lose the grant anyway. Plus I would have equity at the end of the deal.

I am now looking at definitely changing my order for an MG4 LRT. This is currently four grand cheapest than the ZS (this is providing the finance company again offers £1500 discount, and I manage to Get 6.9% APR again). Once this is confirmed , I will be making the switch.
It's a fair suggestion.

Do your figures include insurance and maintenance though?

Three things here though...

First, for me the pension, is something I may or may not ever make use of. Plus by the time I retire it's probably worth about 2 bread tokens a month. I don't put a lot of weight on it. Sure they'll be a slight loss in final amount.

Second, is risk. The PCP is a loan and I'm on the hook for it. If I lose my job, that's hitting my savings. If I lose my job on the salary sacrifice scheme, the car goes back. There's also the additional risks over final value and what happens after that.

Third, there's no way I'd join the waiting list for one pipe dream (an MG ZS EV) for another (an MG4). If I go a different route it won't be with an MG.

There's no good reason why it should ever go off topic.
If you want to discuss a different subject, just raise another thread. It really isn't difficult :unsure:
But we need other bits of information on this thread for our mental health. Everything is doom and gloom otherwise. Gives us a boost when someone has some good news.

Oh yes and as for shipping - Titus is about to go into the Suez Canal today. Who knows where it will go when it emerges into the Med?

None showing for the 27th; these are ships arriving around that date:View attachment 10143
Edit sorry miss read it's possible already here if getting to dealer on 27th
After hearing nothing for months, I decided to call our dealer out of the blue this morning. I have just been informed that our vehicle LS Silver ZS EV is on the ship and will be delivered to us by the end of this month / early September. Ordered Feb 22.

Update from me….

…..drum roll…..

…..wait for it…..

…Had a phone call, Moby Dick ™️ (White LRTC) is at my Donny-based dealer & my leasing firm are working out whether I can go & pick it up or have it delivered.

Don’t mind me, just doing a happy dance. After all this f’n time, almost in tears here.

In other news, anyone want a ‘21 Corsa E?
Congrats on Moby Dick! Hopefully his cousin will be here soon too! ;)

I had a call from Nigel last week saying no news really but they are expecting some large shipments this month and next...who knows!
The only ships due at Portbury this month are Global Highway and swallow ace.

Global Highway has already stopped off at Jordan, Turkey and is now heading for Greece.
Due Portbury 19th Aug if there is any left on it?

Swallow Ace has so far stopped at Singapore and should be going through Suez end of next week. Unsure how many stops it will have in the Med before arriving at Portbury on 31st Aug.

Next Month is not looking good either - only one definite for next month so far - Michigan Highway and that only spent 4 hours loading in Shanghai.

To be honest am not holding out for much so your dealer advising large shipments I reckon is being fed some dodgy info.

Have got a shipping question. When they ship a car from China to the UK the car is on the ship for up to 5 weeks. You would think that shipping the cars with full batteries would be a safety issue?

Batteries on Ferries has been an issue for deliveries on the Isle of Wight for years - If I go on Amazon for a lithium power bank it cannot be delivered to my home address. I have to get it delivered to a friends house on the mainland and collect when I have to go off the island for work.

Is there an isolator on the cars to kill everything so that it is safe and when the car arrives after 5 weeks the battery has not drained to be flat?

Have got a shipping question. When they ship a car from China to the UK the car is on the ship for up to 5 weeks. You would think that shipping the cars with full batteries would be a safety issue?

Batteries on Ferries has been an issue for deliveries on the Isle of Wight for years - If I go on Amazon for a lithium power bank it cannot be delivered to my home address. I have to get it delivered to a friends house on the mainland and collect when I have to go off the island for work.

Is there an isolator on the cars to kill everything so that it is safe and when the car arrives after 5 weeks the battery has not drained to be flat?
You answered your own question. There's a bunch of PDI stuff that goes on port side once they've arrived.

I know with my Ioniq 38 they even arrived without 12v batteries installed and the Hyundai facility at Tilbury installed them.

After being told September now being told no date due to build issues when I was previously told it was built. Be interesting if it ever arrives as I was given a chassis number. I’m looking at other options now fed up with being messed around. Was a tusker order if anyone else has same message?

After being told September now being told no date due to build issues when I was previously told it was built. Be interesting if it ever arrives as I was given a chassis number. I’m looking at other options now fed up with being messed around. Was a tusker order if anyone else has same message?
Kind of.

Tusker as well.

Showing late September.

Asked Tusker to confirm with dealer that grant would still apply up to 12 months and if there was any update.

They came back this week saying yes, it's fine with the grant and yes 'late September is still the estimate'.

I contacted MG with my order the same day and they said the car hasn't even been built yet, and they've no idea when it will be.

It's just complete nonsense basically.

Still expecting mine next year, if it ever arrives.

Kind of.

Tusker as well.

Showing late September.

Asked Tusker to confirm with dealer that grant would still apply up to 12 months and if there was any update.

They came back this week saying yes, it's fine with the grant and yes 'late September is still the estimate'.

I contacted MG with my order the same day and they said the car hasn't even been built yet, and they've no idea when it will be.

In would ask for a copy of the evidence that Tusker received from there communications, from your request, in order them to impart that particular information to you.

I trust this is still within the remit of the Shipping Thread?? If every post has to include shipping information, might as well close the thread now.

Looks like I will be migrating to the MG4 Forum soon anyway.

if allowed, I will post the whys and wherefores when they become a little more concrete (well Slush when dealing with MG).

Kind of.

Tusker as well.

Showing late September.

I’m now going to a dealer to see if the Hyundai Kona will be big enough can possibly get one for October if the delivery dates are to be trusted 😂

I’m now going to a dealer to see if the Hyundai Kona will be big enough can possibly get one for October if the delivery dates are to be trusted 😂
My friend ordered a Kona beginning of March through his work scheme (BT/Openreach) and was told approximately 2 month for delivery. As of today still no confirmed date...

In would ask for a copy of the evidence that Tusker received from there communications, from your request, in order them to impart that particular information to you.

I trust this is still within the remit of the Shipping Thread?? If every post has to include shipping information, might as well close the thread now.

Looks like I will be migrating to the MG4 Forum soon anyway.

if allowed, I will post the whys and wherefores when they become a little more concrete (well Slush when dealing with MG).
It's not worth the bother, I've already established nobody has any idea.

I admire your confidence in MG in switching from one MG queue to another!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom