MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I drove past a vehicle transporter earlier with 8 unregistered HSs loaded on heading west on the M4

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest comms with my dealership:-

Hi
Is there any truth in the rumour that there are loads of MGs on their way over to the UK, due in August and September?
If so, do you have an updated, realistic delivery date estimate for my car? (ordered March)

reply:-
I've not heard anything to be honest but there would be MG's arriving often anyway.
However I received a bulletin from MG yesterday advising that lead times have been improved, So we should hopefully start seeing dates on our orders and some of them pushed forward

Just received a call from the dealer, my car is on a boat due in for the end of September, LV trophy connect ordered end of Jan 22.
Colour?

I am praying my March order same spec will arrive by November. If not it will be an expensive month. Parking permit, service and road tax. Over £1k for my 8 seater.

I ordered mine on 4th January 2022 but still showing TBA and spoken last weekend with dealer. No change. My dealer never ring me once in 8 months. I got no any hope getting any sooner. Dealer said 6 to 12 months wait so till December.

I ordered mine on 4th January 2022 but still showing TBA and spoken last weekend with dealer. No change. My dealer never ring me once in 8 months. I got no any hope getting any sooner. Dealer said 6 to 12 months wait so till December.
This the first call I received from the dealer, I have messaged them regularly and to be fair they have always been honest with their responses since the original delivery date came and went.

Latest comms with my dealership:-

Hi
Is there any truth in the rumour that there are loads of MGs on their way over to the UK, due in August and September?
If so, do you have an updated, realistic delivery date estimate for my car? (ordered March)

reply:-
I've not heard anything to be honest but there would be MG's arriving often anyway.
However I received a bulletin from MG yesterday advising that lead times have been improved, So we should hopefully start seeing dates on our orders and some of them pushed forward
Hi,
Spoke to my dealer yesterday and he told me about the bulletin. If you wanted to order a new ZS EV they are advising delivery of 30 weeks.

This cannot account for them clearing the backlog of orders - tens of thousands. They are still yet to manufacture cars that were ordered in November/December.

The only hope of getting a car earlier is by going to a preferred dealer that is still being supplied stock cars. My understanding is that these dealerships have contracts in place to have a minimum number of cars and MG will prioritise these contracts because they will have to pay penalties.

As for ships arriving - I sent an update yesterday. It is however impossible to understand how many ZS EV’s will be on any ship. The ships hold up to 8000 cars, but the record number of MG’s on board any ship delivering into Portbury is under 3000 and only 25% was ZS EV’s.

The main reason why I watch the ships is to give a level of understanding if there is any chance of the delivery rate increasing. If there were no ships arriving then there would clearly be no chance of any deliveries.

Sam at Luscombes has advised that he knows that there are an amount of cars arriving in September. I have checked with my local dealers and both have said that they have seen movement on cars ordered early November only which is positive - was nothing a month ago.

Hi,
Spoke to my dealer yesterday and he told me about the bulletin. If you wanted to order a new ZS EV they are advising delivery of 30 weeks.

This cannot account for them clearing the backlog of orders - tens of thousands. They are still yet to manufacture cars that were ordered in November/December.

The only hope of getting a car earlier is by going to a preferred dealer that is still being supplied stock cars. My understanding is that these dealerships have contracts in place to have a minimum number of cars and MG will prioritise these contracts because they will have to pay penalties.

As for ships arriving - I sent an update yesterday. It is however impossible to understand how many ZS EV’s will be on any ship. The ships hold up to 8000 cars, but the record number of MG’s on board any ship delivering into Portbury is under 3000 and only 25% was ZS EV’s.

The main reason why I watch the ships is to give a level of understanding if there is any chance of the delivery rate increasing. If there were no ships arriving then there would clearly be no chance of any deliveries.

Sam at Luscombes has advised that he knows that there are an amount of cars arriving in September. I have checked with my local dealers and both have said that they have seen movement on cars ordered early November only which is positive - was nothing a month ago.
Are you stuck with your original dealer when you order thru motability or can you move to a preferred dealer to get your car hopefully ealier?

Are you stuck with your original dealer when you order thru motability or can you move to a preferred dealer to get your car hopefully ealier?
Spoke to Motability 3 months ago and asked this question - providing my dealer/ new dealer / MGUK are in agreement then can move order.

Spoke to my dealer and said no problem.

Wrote to MG UK and the response was no. It would be seen as a new order and would have to go to the back of the queue.

Strange thing now is - MG have removed the Franchise from my dealer and as of 1st September no more cars will be supplied to them. Therefore they are now in discussions about who will supply my order and I have no say.

I should say that we are actively looking at alternatives. We tried a Citroen E C4 last weekend, although nice car - was not big enough in the back for my eldest.
Although could get delivery for December.

Called Hyundai - Kona is June/July next year and Tucson is March.

Looking at Ford Kuga this weekend - January delivery.

Heard it a few times now from other manufacturers that cars without sunroofs are coming through quicker.

Sunrise Ace is in Dock in Shanghai, but it is moored in an area where I have never seen Car Transport Ships dock before. Dock is not called Shanghai but Taicang.

It is approx 60Km upstream from the usual dock in Shanghai.

See picture :- Yellow Arrow is usual mooring - Blue Arrow is where Sunrise Ace is docked.

Sunrise Ace is expected in Portbury on 20th September.

Attachments

• 795BE3E6-0E08-4BE0-A7EF-CF4D77B49425.jpeg
    795BE3E6-0E08-4BE0-A7EF-CF4D77B49425.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
So I’ve rang my dealership and spoke to someone, who took my details and said someone would ring me back, still waiting? And he didn’t say what year that would be..have just spent £220 on the Merc, (never did find out what was draining the battery?) that I’m part chopping in to MG, with another £320 for two back tyre’s on it, didn’t realise it had racing slicks on it, one with bits of wire sticking out, it looked fine from the side as there was tread on the side wall..only when I stuck my hand across it that I felt, well nothing, hate spending money on something I’m not keeping..if only they would come back to me and tell me the car is on a ship and will be here next week, month, September, it’ll sit on my drive till I get it and then they can have it..

So I’ve rang my dealership and spoke to someone, who took my details and said someone would ring me back, still waiting? And he didn’t say what year that would be..have just spent £220 on the Merc, (never did find out what was draining the battery?) that I’m part chopping in to MG, with another £320 for two back tyre’s on it, didn’t realise it had racing slicks on it, one with bits of wire sticking out, it looked fine from the side as there was tread on the side wall..only when I stuck my hand across it that I felt, well nothing, hate spending money on something I’m not keeping..if only they would come back to me and tell me the car is on a ship and will be here next week, month, September, it’ll sit on my drive till I get it and then they can have it..
I feel your frustration - it could be “guess what has just arrived on the low loader” or it is still awaiting parts and not started build yet.
Meanwhile other customers are getting news that cars are built when they only ordered 4 / 5 months ago.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom