MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just had a call from Tusker on my January order.

Date now November earliest. They are stating wiring loom shortages.

I'm still expecting January 23 earliest.

They are giving assurances about Gov grant, but I've no idea how they can given the expiry period.

Although I completely agree with the communications being appalling, my work colleagues experience with another manufacturer has put things in perspective.
He has ordered and ICE VW Tiguan. He ordered in August 2021, he has just been told by VW that he has an allocated build date as his build slot has now been allocated.

His build date is week 8, 2023. So that's minimum 18 months between order and the vehicle being started on the production line! The dealer is being really cagey about confirming if week 8 2023 is based on calendar or financial year, so week 8 is either Feb 2023 or May 2023!

Like I said, the lack of comms and the constant missed promises really stings, but its not just MG who are seeing these insanely long build times.

Last edited by a moderator:

They are giving assurances about Gov grant, but I've no idea how they can given the expiry period.
Octopus just put out a general blog post about industry wide delivery delays and have stated they are 'where possible' absorbing any cost increases. I am hoping that means the grant should my delivery be delayed so much that it is lost...

Any else had a call from the dealer saying MG are changing the interest rate on a Santander agreement from last November for my ZS. they are putting it up by 1%, Going in tomorrow for a chat to see why. Due to pick car up next Friday 9th, it is at the dealers now but they are making me wait till the 9th. will be registered as a 72 plate though.

Wonder what spin it will be with the next update.

Wiring loom is old news- by now they have alternative suppliers. They must have to allow them to deliver all those stock cars to the people who ordered after us.

Is the wiring loom going to arrive for your car this week, or have the wiring loom suppliers been told to make the ones for the MG4 & MG5 instead?

If the wiring loom does not arrive this week then it is more likely that the car will slip to December and then next year.

Well, Here's a turn up for the books, Some of you might have read about my order problems with MG Chorley. I ordered another one, obviously from somewhere else, not for the same deal and lost the government grant, but that boat had sailed, excuse the pun. Anyway, I'm collecting my car, on Thursday!! the exact car, MG ZS LR Trophy connect in Red. Amazed does not describe it.
Couldn't find you in Oaker's list - when did you order? I placed identical order on Dec 9th 2021. Obviously, your order was later than mine.

If they start reneging on deals they are going to get burned. People will be thinking twice about large purchases going into a recession and then there’s the hike in electric costs. The second hand ev market will start looking more appealing then.

All they have to do is produce 2500 MG ZS a month to clear the backlog of orders before the end of 2024. If they open the order book for the non sunroof models then it will be a few more a month.
At the current rate they will not clear the orders taken before Xmas (I am assuming that they are still sending through all the November stock orders to the chosen dealers)

Spoke to my dealer - still has no idea who the new dealer will be - reckon will save them the bother and cancel it.

Shipping takes about 28 to 30 days, work in the container business
The actual ship duration is as you have said.
Global Highway took 31 days
Swallow Ace will be 30 days if it arrives later today (just going into Bristol Channel now)
If they came direct it could be quicker.

We have members of this forum who have found the completion certificate in the glovebox and the date is 3 months before they collected the car from the dealer.

Therefore the time it takes to transport from factory to Shanghai, wait for ship, load onto ship, Shipping (pending number of stops on the way), offload, inspection at dock, arrange transport to dealer, PDI at dealer takes approx 3 months.

Just feels like a big merry go round that we're all on and can't get off and even if we do we get slapped with other cars that have a 100 per month plus extra added on just hope this nightmare ends soon.

i have now emailed mg just awaiting the usual cut and paste response

So was in Rugby earlier and spotted a red ZS EV in the wild…you're like me, you don’t care as it wasn’t yours..

Couldn't find you in Oaker's list - when did you order? I placed identical order on Dec 9th 2021. Obviously, your order was later than mine.
My original order was November 6th, This one was in April, I think it was 8th. I should think this car was a cancellation, Maybe my original car......... that would be a shocker

All grants have been removed off electric cars. Does the Spanish government still offer grants for electric vehicles?

And here was me hoping that the Iberian peninsula would be favoured due to trying to have a few cars on the road for people to see. Hey ho! I was told 3-6 months in March. I'm now expecting December/January and your experience in Spain suggests that's likely fair.

Anyone have an idea where the cars are delivered for Spain/Portugal - is it Zeebrugge for the whole of Europe, or is that just Northern Europe?

All grants have been removed off electric cars. Does the Spanish government still offer grants for electric vehicles?
It's interesting how the grants work in different countries. In Portugal you claim the money back after you've bought the car, but they limit the number of people who can claim. This year it was a €4k grant for 1300 people (up from the previous €3k the year before). That was used up in 3 months, though, and now it is oversubscribed by around €2m! So if your decision was based on the expectation of getting the grant you've had it! It de-risks the grant process for the government but means that only people who can risk not receiving the grant ('rich' people) can get it! Having said that, we'll probably get the car next year, so we might qualify for the next grant, if there is one.

It will arrive when it arrives, as many are saying. In the meantime our solar panels are giving away loads of free electricity - how nice are we!? 🙄

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom