MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I contacted my dealer today to enquire about my 24th Jan order for LRTC. Still on shortage. Considering cancelling.

Just been on a 8km walk around where I live (Leeds, West Yorkshire) and I’ve seen 3 22 plate ZS EV’s (at least Trophy spec as they had the roof rails on). 1 blue, 1 red and one black. Having seen literally 2 others in the wild over the last few months it’s encouraging to see so many in such a short space of time.
Hopefully this is a positive sign (I haven’t ordered one btw but do track this thread).
I'd love to see just one.......preferably on my drive. Ordered 3/12/2021 still waiting and watching people who ordered after me taking delivery of theirs.

Last edited:
This is first time I am dealing with MG and far too long wait to get it what kind of customer service they going to give us if we have to deal with any issues or problem with car. Not happy at all.

This is first time I am dealing with MG and far too long wait to get it what kind of customer service they going to give us if we have to deal with any issues or problem with car. Not happy at all.
once you finally get your car, the customer service I've found is pretty good, or at least the dealers I've used for my MG3 have been really good. The waiting is a bloody pain.

Any else had a call from the dealer saying MG are changing the interest rate on a Santander agreement from last November for my ZS. they are putting it up by 1%, Going in tomorrow for a chat to see why. Due to pick car up next Friday 9th, it is at the dealers now but they are making me wait till the 9th. will be registered as a 72 plate though.
Update on my trip to the dealer regarding the 1% increase on PCP. Well as long as signed up by Friday the 1st September MG will honour the original price and original 4.9%, get to keep the £1500 manufacturer allowance, £2500 PICG from Boris. Same payments and deposit but 9000 mile allowance instead of 6000 for same future value.
Car registered as 72 plate from 1st September. All signed and completed collect next Friday 9th, can wait that long. been waiting since 6th November so a few more days wont matter.
One happy camper.

I wonder if the Government would consider allowing us to switch to a new order and keep the grant? I know it is currently not allowed but due to the extraordinary delays and the persistent lies and false promises from MG regarding the deliveries and the fact that they have even brought out a new model before fulfilling current orders maybe, just maybe the Office for Zero Emission vehicles might consider this as unprecedented and allow a change of vehicle? After all, the funds have already been earmarked but just not released.
Anyone got an email address?

I contacted my dealer today to enquire about my 24th Jan order for LRTC. Still on shortage. Considering cancelling.
For me there's no point to cancel even though I've been annoyed with MG's service. I either join another queue, or keep my current car. If I keep my current car, then waiting for the ZS makes no difference day to day...it'll arrive when it arrives, and I can always sell it.

Everyone's circumstance will be different, but at this stage I've nothing to lose by seeing what shipments/deliveries are like for Q4.

I wonder if the Government would consider allowing us to switch to a new order and keep the grant? I know it is currently not allowed but due to the extraordinary delays and the persistent lies and false promises from MG regarding the deliveries and the fact that they have even brought out a new model before fulfilling current orders maybe, just maybe the Office for Zero Emission vehicles might consider this as unprecedented and allow a change of vehicle? After all, the funds have already been earmarked but just not released.
Anyone got an email address?
I have already tried this had a mg5 coming in September and said I'd loose the grant if I switched but do agree with you I'm awaiting mg to give me a cut and paste response in the coming days. I think I'll be looking else where come the new year if no further news or updates

I was told my PX price was fixed and got this confirmed in writing. Were you told anything like this when you signed your agreement? Was it a big difference?
10% reduction - which over 8 months and the drop in online prices is fair - we've increased its mileage and similar spec\mileage cars are on Autotrader from the part-exchange value plus £1,500. No wording on the paperwork about time limits on the value initially quoted. All other parts of the deal have been honoured.

Decided to be cheeky today and ring 2 dealers on the mainland ( I won't say who as not to get anyone in trouble ), but 1 quoted if I ordered today delivery would be Feb 2024, other dealer stated I'd be better off ordering a mg4 as mg are cutting back on production of the ev.

Decided to be cheeky today and ring 2 dealers on the mainland ( I won't say who as not to get anyone in trouble ), but 1 quoted if I ordered today delivery would be Feb 2024, other dealer stated I'd be better off ordering a mg4 as mg are cutting back on production of the ev.
Interesting !!!
grab yourself a mg4 while you can!👍

Sent MG UK an an email yesterday advising my cancellation and disappointment. Got a response with 24 Hours :-

Thank you for your correspondence and we are sorry to hear you had to cancel your order.

Your feedback is much appreciated and will be noted for the management’s attention.

We understand your frustration about the lead time and change of the dealership during the course, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

We appreciate your understanding that this is a challenge for the whole industry. As a brand, we fulfil the orders according to the order date, however, there might be a small number of cases that we are aware of individual vehicles being made available quicker due to stock allocated to cancelled orders becoming available to match other orders, which are managed by the dealer to their individual customers.

Once again, thank you for your interest in MG and we are sorry for any disappointment caused.

Sent MG UK an an email yesterday advising my cancellation and disappointment. Got a response with 24 Hours :-

Thank you for your correspondence and we are sorry to hear you had to cancel your order.

Your feedback is much appreciated and will be noted for the management’s attention.

We understand your frustration about the lead time and change of the dealership during the course, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

We appreciate your understanding that this is a challenge for the whole industry. As a brand, we fulfil the orders according to the order date, however, there might be a small number of cases that we are aware of individual vehicles being made available quicker due to stock allocated to cancelled orders becoming available to match other orders, which are managed by the dealer to their individual customers.

Once again, thank you for your interest in MG and we are sorry for any disappointment caused.
Reminds me of am old saying, from my service days, but know it has permeated through to the national lexicon …..

Better to do, and ask for forgiveness, than to ask permission first.

This should be MG’s New Tag-Line

Crock of 💩 citing “aware that individual vehicles being made available quicker due to stock allocation”…….. As you know, we at MG allocate stock, however, Sorry about that now, but if we asked you, you would have said no!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom