MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Sounds like our experience is similar to most.

We ordered our black LR Trophy in April. The dealer managed to match it up to ‘stock’ order they had already placed in November ‘21 and said deliver expected to be June. The dealer was new to MG having only taken on the brand in September ‘21.

June came and went with no word from the dealer so called and the latest update was end of September.

Come September and again not word so called and following a call was told ‘hopefully this year’. On the same call I asked about the V2L adaptor. The dealer didn’t know what V2L was, that the new ZS could do it, and MG sold adaptors so couldn’t give me a price. They even googled it whilst I was on the phone and found a £40 3rd party one.

Starting to think I’m being a bit optimistic hoping we will get ours this year.

Right so I did get a reply back from the Woman in sunny MG China, saying “we are sorry to keep you waiting. Due to the challengers posed by the ongoing shortage of computer chips and the impact of the covid 19 pandemic MG is facing delivery issues on certain models. We are trying every effort to provide qualified products to our european customers..please stay In touch with the dealer bla de, bla de, bla.”

my reply..

Hello, you have told me nothing I didn’t know before and having been to my dealer many times over the last 10 months to be told the same as yourself. I have also emailed MGUK with the same cut and paced reply, that you have a chip issue’s, covid issues, war in Ukraine etc. none of this explains why someone in the UK has ordered the same spec, colour car as I have, back in March and had the car delivered in August? I’ve been told MG China bulk build cars, I’ve also been told cars are delivered by order number? If that is the case how can someone order in March and get there car before me, surely they must have had an older order number than mine?

so again I ask, what is so short that you can’t build my car, but can build the same spec and colour as the car I ordered back in January, but have managed to build someone else’s car?

if it’s true that you bulk build the spec cars and colours in one go-run, when will the next run of silver trophy cars being built.

I was told by the dealer that I will get my car, end of March, beginning of April at the latest and here I am in October still with no sign of the car.

im told by dealer and MG UK that they have no idea what’s going on, that MG China tell them nothing, I’m told they can’t give me another car as MG China will fine them £1.500 if they do, so there are cars sitting around that the dealerships are selling to people that just walk in off the street and get a new car within days?

if you can’t answer my questions, could you pass it on to someone that can or give me a email address for them..

many thanks..

let’s see what comes back, if anything..
Hello I’m as frustrated as you with lack of information can you pass me her email address and I will email her as well and just start bothering as many of them as possible, can’t wait to give them some feedback on customer service once I get the damn thing of course 😉

I’m in the same boat as you MrMatt2101 - I ordered from Tusker at the beginning of April and at the moment I’m hoping for late December (!). You say you contacted MG directly - how did you reference your Tusker order? Can they trace it simply by name?

I ask as I’ve only had two updates from Tusker in the last 6 months and it would be good to at least know what MG think is the expected date in the UK. I’m hoping that it’s not an additional 42 weeks - that would be outrageous!

It‘s interesting to note that my two colleagues ordered a Tesla 3 and Polestar 2 at the same time - the Tesla was delivered in Aug and the Polestar is at the dealer and ready at the end of Oct.
You'll need your MG order number, they can't do anything with the Tusker reference. I've been there.

Get the MG reference from the supplying dealer.

The dealer should have contacted you after your ordered.

This is likely a pointless task as on an April order there'll be nothing to tell you other than TBA/hasn't been built etc.

I’m in the same boat as you MrMatt2101 - I ordered from Tusker at the beginning of April and at the moment I’m hoping for late December (!). You say you contacted MG directly - how did you reference your Tusker order? Can they trace it simply by name?

I ask as I’ve only had two updates from Tusker in the last 6 months and it would be good to at least know what MG think is the expected date in the UK. I’m hoping that it’s not an additional 42 weeks - that would be outrageous!

It‘s interesting to note that my two colleagues ordered a Tesla 3 and Polestar 2 at the same time - the Tesla was delivered in Aug and the Polestar is at the dealer and ready at the end of Oct.
Hi, I think I just used my order number from Tusker? Can't actually remember for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I think I justvused my order number from Tusker? Can't actually remember for sure.
You'll need your MG order number, they can't do anything with the Tusker reference. I've been there.

Get the MG reference from the supplying dealer.

The dealer should have contacted you after your ordered.

This is likely a pointless task as on an April order there'll be nothing to tell you other than TBA/hasn't been built etc.
Oops, this sounds more likely. Sorry, ignore my last message!

A worrying thing I found on Twitter for new deliveries and spare parts.

THREAD: The US government's new export controls are wreaking havoc on China's chip industry.

New rules around "US persons" are driving an "industry-wide decapitation."

It does seem more targeted at military production, but from what I've read elsewhere Chinas indigenous chip fabrication is a generation or two behind Europe and the States.

I have to be honest it’s disgraceful that people who ordered November 2021 still haven’t got there vehicles yet , there is absolutely no system despite what people say. I get it you have to bite your tongue and wait.
what kind of feedback are they going to get in the long run I ask myself?

I have to be honest it’s disgraceful that people who ordered November 2021 still haven’t got there vehicles yet , there is absolutely no system despite what people say. I get it you have to bite your tongue and wait.
what kind of feedback are they going to get in the long run I ask myself?
Finally picking mine up in the morning ordered November 11th 21

I have an outstanding order through Tusker (salary sacrifice). Managed to contact the dealer who placed my order back in March 2022 with an 'estimated' delivery of July 2022. MGUK have responded today advising the below;

"EV’s are still awaiting factory build so current ETA around 42 weeks away I’m afraid.
We should have MG4 & MG5 available sooner 16-18 weeks if your customer considers a model change."

Tusker is still advising late January 2023 as an estimated date, however it appears these dates mean nothing and are not informed by the dealer at all. I really dont know what to do now.

Yeah they said 14 Nov on mon but also said it could be sooner. Not sure the the Vauxhall sales rep was accurate but he did say they had a few MG’s delivered today. You could be on the list as you ordered the day before me!
At best I am hoping it is here but at worst I am hoping that it is at least in Portbury awaiting delivery. When she said “I finally have some good news” it has to be one of those 2 options doesn’t it? 😂
If it really is here I can’t wait to get a picture on here “Full frontal with flap open” 😂😂😂😂
Was it good news over the weekend?

I have an outstanding order through Tusker (salary sacrifice). Managed to contact the dealer who placed my order back in March 2022 with an 'estimated' delivery of July 2022. MGUK have responded today advising the below;

"EV’s are still awaiting factory build so current ETA around 42 weeks away I’m afraid.
We should have MG4 & MG5 available sooner 16-18 weeks if your customer considers a model change."

Tusker is still advising late January 2023 as an estimated date, however it appears these dates mean nothing and are not informed by the dealer at all. I really dont know what to do now.
I’m in a similar situation with salary sacrifice through Zenith. Also ordered at end of Feb/March. I was also told July 22, then Aug 22, then Nov 22, now Jan 23.

Wow - is the 42 weeks from now, or from date of order ????

Your Tusker portal thingy should have been showing a date closer to that January date for a while now. The July date was a fantasy because even back in July the Jan orders (for example) had been bumped forward months.

There's not much you can do. You either wait it out or cancel...

I’m in a similar situation with salary sacrifice through Zenith. Also ordered at end of Feb/March. I was also told July 22, then Aug 22, then Nov 22, now Jan 23.

42 weeks I would have thought is total time.

Although, I'd say that was on the optimistic side as there are obviously some that are coming up to a year wait now, with others being delivered around that wait time.

The guy from MG stated ‘Its 42 weeks from now as they are still not yet built.’ However he did attach some kind of internal communication on a PDF that has a table of lead times - that table states the lead times for new orders is 42 weeks so not sure what to believe! My guess is if they say 42 weeks from now any time before then is considered a bonus.

Your Tusker portal thingy should have been showing a date closer to that January date for a while now. The July date was a fantasy because even back in July the Jan orders (for example) had been bumped forward months.

There's not much you can do. You either wait it out or cancel...

Yeah it has slowly shifted into Jan next year, over the last few months. But it doesn’t look like this is based on any information the dealer is providing about my order as when speaking to them they didn’t have any idea of an estimated date, hence them contacting MG. I’m going to stick with it as I have a good price, plus not hopeful that if I ordered something else I would get it any quicker!

The guy from MG stated ‘Its 42 weeks from now as they are still not yet built.’ However he did attach some kind of internal communication on a PDF that has a table of lead times - that table states the lead times for new orders is 42 weeks so not sure what to believe! My guess is if they say 42 weeks from now any time before then is considered a bonus.

Yeah it has slowly shifted into Jan next year, over the last few months. But it doesn’t look like this is based on any information the dealer is providing about my order as when speaking to them they didn’t have any idea of an estimated date, hence them contacting MG. I’m going to stick with it as I have a good price, plus not hopeful that if I ordered something else I would get it any quicker!

Yes that is the issue. The Tusker options for a similar price are almost non existent.

I think the Leaf come close, but that's a 36 week lead.

The Tusker control panel is a bit all over the place. I logged in yesterday and it still says 'On order awaiting build slot" and yet they have a registration assigned to it. Looking that up on the DVLA shows it to be a hybrid MG that's about 6 months old. 👀

This is despite the dealer telling me it's on a boat scheduled to dock by today....

Does anyone know when the next shipment into portbury is due. I’ve been waiting since November last year for mg hs exclusive
This is the ZS forum.

I think you'd have to make sure your car was on the boat to make that useful information...maybe the dealer can help?

So as I have had nothing back this week from the woman from China, I went and found another name, I came across an MG China web site, got translate and found a name and emailed them…let’s see if I get anything back..

Last edited:
Called into Tunbridge Wells MG on Saturday. First time I've visited the dealership since ordering the car (LR SE White) on 10 December 2021. Dealership not contacted me once in all this time, although I have called them once a month or so. Two weeks ago I was told dealership was now expecting delivery on 12 December, yesterday I was told this was now end of December and the car had not yet been built. Remind anyone of the incremental 3 month delivery time from 6 months ago?

Also told that PCP APR now increased to 7.9,% despite being assured by dealership at the time we agreed to buy the car that having applied for finance when we ordered this was fixed at the original rate (4.9% I think,) £1500 PCP deposit contribution currently still being honoured apparently. Needless to say Tunbridge Wells MG deny we were misled by them although they were less clear why. You know the tactic. Divert the blame to others (MG in this case,)

The irritating thing is that I still like the car. Otherwise I'd have dumped MG and it's dealership network for good.
Was it good news over the weekend?
Lol no! Was debating whether to share on here or just message you. I hardly slept on Friday thinking it has to be here so on sat morn I rushed down there, sales lady was in the phone but said “I have good news for you” so I waited and looked around the yard for new cars. She ended her phone call and said “Your car is due in on 14 Nov but it may come sooner” I told her she already told me that earlier in the week and she said “Did I?” I was gutted and she insisted it was still good news! So basically she was repeating the same info but forgot. On the positive side she insists that it is defo on its way so she must know something.
Feel a bit of a chump with my excitement now 😂😂😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom