MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Let's see what happens now then ....
Maybe this is me being negative, but it seems a bit of a "thanks for emailing us, and all the best with that!" email to me. There's not even a vague indication that anything will even be checked or actioned China side. Just straight back to MG UK inbox.

Just received a call from today. My ZSLR, red, ALSO ordered 04/12/2021, will be with them apparently on 20th October. I am booked to pick up on 21st October. I do not even know to be excited or not yet. Can things get delayed even from this point onwards?
One practical question: for payment, they said they will share a link and I can pay online/mobile. Is this a normal method for dealerships?
I picked up my car from Tunbridge Wells MG yesterday (ordered last December). I updated the tracker thread.

Dan from the dealership was amazingly helpful. The wait was long, of course, but I will not hesitate to recommend them.

I only have a one day experience with the car, so my opinions may change, but switching to it from Toyota Corolla hybrid I have few observations: it is a firmer ride, lane-assist and emergency braking seems to be better integrated in Toyota, and the lack of front parking sensors annoy me a bit. The main thing though that drive mode (eco or normal) and KERS level resets every time when you start driving. I do not seem to be the only one slightly irritated by that. But overall, a very nice car.

Sounds like our experience is similar to most.

We ordered our black LR Trophy in April. The dealer managed to match it up to ‘stock’ order they had already placed in November ‘21 and said deliver expected to be June. The dealer was new to MG having only taken on the brand in September ‘21.

June came and went with no word from the dealer so called and the latest update was end of September.

Come September and again not word so called and following a call was told ‘hopefully this year’. On the same call I asked about the V2L adaptor. The dealer didn’t know what V2L was, that the new ZS could do it, and MG sold adaptors so couldn’t give me a price. They even googled it whilst I was on the phone and found a £40 3rd party one.

Starting to think I’m being a bit optimistic hoping we will get ours this year.
Update this morning, our car is due in Portbury docks on 4th December but we should contact the dealer again end of next month to check as "MG are all over the place" with dates moving forwards and backwards.

So called into dealership, Tim wasn’t there, so pointed out that the paperwork says, it a contract between MG and me, signed by an MG salesman, “he did go on about it being almost a year” not my fault, MG told me end of March, not my fault it’s taken you an extra 6 months to get me a car, “he also pointed out that there’s an end day to the offer, after he said, it’s got a 31 March date on it“ thats when the car should be here..I said if my car had gone up to £12k and I came in and said great, I’ll have that, MG would have turned around and said..No, you’ve signed for £9.5k…”it’s got more miles on it“ it wouldn’t have if I’d got a car in March. not my fault..I just said, it says..This document contains the T&C sign it only if you wish to be legally bound by them..your salesman signed it..also pointed out that it said..we agree to purchase the vehicle subject to T&C..pointed out the T&C on the back..none of which say there’s a time limit to the offer..”he said, there not the T&C”…but didn’t go off to get any?..said, ok I said on Wednesday I would except £8.5k..told him to ring Tim and I went for a Costa, rings me back and says, can do £8.1k…so I’m now thinking of finding someone high up at MG UK and sending them an email, pointing out what’s on there paperwork…sorry gone on a bit, when I left they were ringing around dealers to see if they can get a better offer..

I picked up my car from Tunbridge Wells MG yesterday (ordered last December). I updated the tracker thread.

Dan from the dealership was amazingly helpful. The wait was long, of course, but I will not hesitate to recommend them.

I only have a one day experience with the car, so my opinions may change, but switching to it from Toyota Corolla hybrid I have few observations: it is a firmer ride, lane-assist and emergency braking seems to be better integrated in Toyota, and the lack of front parking sensors annoy me a bit. The main thing though that drive mode (eco or normal) and KERS level resets every time when you start driving. I do not seem to be the only one slightly irritated by that. But overall, a very nice car.
Nice one! Did you see any white LR there?

Well for all that are following the issues, I had Tim on the phone, it seems MG UK have been on the phone to him, also said in the past so had MG China…well I can’t tell you how or what…but the issue is now resolved..

so I guess in another few weeks, l’ll be gone off here…what do you mean..thank f*** 😳😂😂😂

Well for all that are following the issues, I had Tim on the phone, it seems MG UK have been on the phone to him, also said in the past so had MG China…well I can’t tell you how or what…but the issue is now resolved..

so I guess in another few weeks, l’ll be gone off here…what do you mean..thank f*** 😳😂😂😂
Fantastic, you have been persistent and it paid off. Well done and good luck

Oh no @DrJohnny Fever - we will miss your tales of woe/sudden excitement/deflation…….
You must show us all your car, when it arrives, so we can congratulate you on your impeccable choice 😊
(I think I have chosen the same colour and spec, [but a standard range] so I might be slightly biased)

I reckon when you get your car and it keeps telling you its 2019 you'll be posting on here for another 3 years at least about the car your due to get in march 2022🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣.

So, I found the email address for the managing director for MG UK and have emailed him, with my tale of woe..let’s see if I get anything back..

golly, look how short this post is..that’s not like me..😂😂
I'll email him after you see what happens I can see us both getting banned 🤣, let's see what happens in the coming days with the response

Well I guess you can tell by my past posts, if you just sit on your hands and do nothing, because you think nothing will happen, because your just a little unimportant person, nothing will..I will say, yes I’ve upset people, guess what, I don’t give a flying fig, I’ve upset bigger and better people.. Really you're only dealing with other unimportant people, there only selling cars and they don’t care, whether you get your car or not, I know what they do for a living, they have no idea what I used to do...anyway had enough moaning for a lifetime…will step away from posting on here…good luck to you all..and will post photos of the car, when I get it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess you can tell by my past posts, if you just sit on your hands and do nothing, because you think nothing will happen, because your just a little unimportant person, nothing will..I will say, yes I’ve upset people, guess what, I don’t give a flying fig, I’ve upset bigger and better people..really your only dealing with other unimportant people, there only selling cars and they don’t care, whether you get your car or not, I know what they do for a living, they have no idea what I use to do...anyway had enough moaning for a lifetime…will step away from posting on here…good luck to you all..and will post photos of the car, when I get it..
GIFs-2022102165231.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know what boats are currently at sail from China. Got word on Friday that my car is due into Ireland Mid\Late November, just wondering what board its on.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom